Kim orders rockets on standby to attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    How am I supposed to put any stock into a "news" article reported by one backwoods blogger? The presence of something on one mainstream media site doesn't make it newsworthy; the ability to find the same information on multiple media sites and sort through the embellishments, conjectures, and unsubstantiated claims to find indisputable facts is.

You're looking for whatever justification you can find for unilateral military action. And if you're only looking in places that seek to provide solely that justification, you're probably going to find it. Even if you don't find it, you're going to find a way to spin it; you always do.
    not going to dissagree with you, but if the mainstream media doesnt report on it at all, the backwoods bloggers reports arent any more or less true.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
      not going to dissagree with you, but if the mainstream media doesnt report on it at all, the backwoods bloggers reports arent any more or less true.
      You're absolutely right about that, but there's very little in the way of substantiating any of that information; resting an argument upon that information exists in the same fallacious space as regurgitating and taking mainstream media reports at face value. The inability to disprove the information doesn't prove it.

My counterpoint would then be to inquire as to how someone moonlighting as a blogger while they're on their break from insurance sales is privy to information found within the inner workings of the Obama Administration, particularly when the blogger is vehemently anti-Obama Administration. That's all rhetorical conjecture, but my point stands as to how in a media world that prides itself on getting information out there quicker than the next guy, often at the expense of accuracy, none of the information being reported by someone with zero confirming value is being reported by one single other soul within the established media. You're getting dangerously close into some seriously gigantic conspiracy theory bullshit at this point.

Comment

• Hey, it's like religion - gotta have faith
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• N. Korea approves nuclear strike on US
          (AFP) – 16 minutes ago
          SEOUL — The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch "merciless" military strikes on the United States, involving the possible use of "cutting-edge" nuclear weapons.
          In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People's Army (KPA) said it was formally informing Washington that reckless US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".
          "The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said.
          North Korea had threatened a "pre-emptive" nuclear strike against the United States a month ago, and last week the supreme army command ordered its strategic rocket units to combat status for strikes on the US mainland and US bases in Guam and Hawaii.
          "The moment of explosion is approaching fast," Thursday's statement said, adding that a war could break out on the Korean peninsula "today or tomorrow".
          "In view of this situation, the KPA General Staff in charge of all operations will take powerful practical military counteractions in succession," it said.
          Despite a successful long-range rocket launch in December, most experts believe North Korea is years from developing a genuine inter-continental ballistic missile that could strike the mainland United States.
          Hawaii and Guam would also be outside the range of its medium-range missiles, which would be capable, however, of striking US bases in South Korea and Japan.

Comment

• What the fuck do they honestly think they're going to do?

Comment

What the fuck do they honestly think they're going to do?
              I dunno, attack US targets?

We have plenty of targets that can be reached by their missiles.

Comment

What the fuck do they honestly think they're going to do?
                You never really know until it does/does not happen

They may be stupid in our eyes, but they are just as capable as we are for all we know. They nor will we ever show our true hand, until it counts.
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Ignorance is bliss
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    I dunno, attack US targets?

We have plenty of targets that can be reached by their missiles.
                    We have 'targets', but what of supreme importance can they hit?

On the other hand, no matter how deluded Jong-Un may be, he has to know that the response will be swift and overwhelming. I would also find it very unlikely that China would support North Korea if they launch any kind of strike without provocation; the Russians have already fairly definitively said they have no tolerance for NK on this conflict.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                      They may be stupid in our eyes, but they are just as capable as we are for all we know. They nor will we ever show our true hand, until it counts.
                      Are you quoting U Thant, or are you just rambling incoherently?

Comment

• I have no idea what to make of this thread.

Comment

Are you quoting U Thant, or are you just rambling incoherently?
                          Whatever man, honestly

Comment

• They're sending a THAAD out here. Fun!

Sorry... For those that need a source:
                            The Pentagon confirmed today that the US military will deploy a THAAD ballistic missile defence system to Guam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              They're sending a THAAD out here. Fun!
                              Just read that... and we're approving sales of F35 and F15 fighter jets to South Korea.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                                I have no idea what to make of this thread.
                                I'll provide a synopsis for you.

- America is the greatest superpower in the world. Military is badass, and if you talk negatively about it then you're gay

- But if you suggest that we'll easily defeat North Korea in an armed conflict, you're wrong because you don't have extensive real-world experience unless you were in the military

- Somehow the Obama Administration factors in, but I haven't quite solved that enigma yet. At times it seems that the savants are satisfied with how it's being handled, but then a rogue "Obama must be shitting his pants" comment pops up

- A guy in the woods in Georgia on a computer running Windows ME has the latest juicy details on the diplomatic events surrounding the conflict, but not a single other news outlet in the world has picked it up. Because of the NWO, obv.

- North Korea may be the world's foremost military power, a veritable juggernaut.

I think that about captures it. I may be misinterpreting, but I do know that there are only three people in this thread whose opinions are qualified and whose presentations of facts are to be indeed declared factual; upon which basis, I do not know.

Comment

Working...
                                X