Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    I'll provide a synopsis for you.

- America is the greatest superpower in the world. Military is badass, and if you talk negatively about it then you're gay

- But if you suggest that we'll easily defeat North Korea in an armed conflict, you're wrong because you don't have extensive real-world experience unless you were in the military

- Somehow the Obama Administration factors in, but I haven't quite solved that enigma yet. At times it seems that the savants are satisfied with how it's being handled, but then a rogue "Obama must be shitting his pants" comment pops up

- A guy in the woods in Georgia on a computer running Windows ME has the latest juicy details on the diplomatic events surrounding the conflict, but not a single other news outlet in the world has picked it up. Because of the NWO, obv.

- North Korea may be the world's foremost military power, a veritable juggernaut.

I think that about captures it. I may be misinterpreting, but I do know that there are only three people in this thread whose opinions are qualified and whose presentations of facts are to be indeed declared factual; upon which basis, I do not know.
    LOL at that whole list. Thanks for catching me up. Now maybe my head won't be so full of fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      LOL at that whole list. Thanks for catching me up. Now maybe my head won't be so full of fuck.
      Also, disregard posts 59-63, 65-69, 71, 76, 78, 80-83, 85-89, 91, 94-96, 100-103, 105-113, 127-191, 193-196, and 202-240.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

How am I supposed to put any stock into a "news" article reported by one backwoods blogger? The presence of something on one mainstream media site doesn't make it newsworthy; the ability to find the same information on multiple media sites and sort through the embellishments, conjectures, and unsubstantiated claims to find indisputable facts is.
        Just as I said...

Originally posted by stevo View Post
        Any snippet I post from most any non-mainstream media site will just be dismissed by you anyways...
        Anyways, nothing to see here boys and girls, nothing is going to happen at all, just bluff and gruff according to the masterminds at Baylor...

...but in other news... India announced today that it is sending another 30,000 troops to its border with China. This comes after India sent 30,000 additional troops to the border in March, and THAT is on top of the 30,000 troops it already had on the border.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
          Just as I said...

Anyways, nothing to see here boys and girls, nothing is going to happen at all, just bluff and gruff according to the masterminds at Baylor...

...but in other news... India announced today that it is sending another 30,000 troops to its border with China. This comes after India sent 30,000 additional troops to the border in March, and THAT is on top of the 30,000 troops it already had on the border.

Stevo
          You know you're in good shape when you bust out the ad hominem.

You still haven't solved the issue of substantiating something posted from a non-mainstream media source. Mainstream media sources can be vetted against each other for accuracy and determining what is commentary and what is fact; how do we do that for a non-mainstream source? Do you simply trust what they say because they're very clear with their biases and you find their biases agreeable with your own? Sounds a lot like NayNay's faith in Obama, to me.

Comment

You know you're in good shape when you bust out the ad hominem.

You still haven't solved the issue of substantiating something posted from a non-mainstream media source. Mainstream media sources can be vetted against each other for accuracy and determining what is commentary and what is fact; how do we do that for a non-mainstream source? Do you simply trust what they say because they're very clear with their biases and you find their biases agreeable with your own? Sounds a lot like NayNay's faith in Obama, to me.
            See post #285, you have already stated that you will ignore what you have blanket labeled "backwoods bloggers". If you want to disprove me, go ahead and do it. I, on the other hand, won't continue to be fagging up this thread with needless bickering, as I among others would like to keep it on topic. Do as you want.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
              See post #285, you have already stated that you will ignore what you have blanket labeled "backwoods bloggers". If you want to disprove me, go ahead and do it. I, on the other hand, won't continue to be fagging up this thread with needless bickering, as I among others would like to keep it on topic. Do as you want.

Stevo
              I said I'll ignore it because I can't figure out how to substantiate it; how does one gauge the reliability of the information? I'll be more then happy to take it under consideration if you'll provide a way to substantiate the information they provide.

Comment

I said I'll ignore it because I can't figure out how to substantiate it; how does one gauge the reliability of the information? I'll be more then happy to take it under consideration if you'll provide a way to substantiate the information they provide.
                "I don't have to prove me right, you have to prove me wrong!"

Comment

We have 'targets', but what of supreme importance can they hit?

On the other hand, no matter how deluded Jong-Un may be, he has to know that the response will be swift and overwhelming. I would also find it very unlikely that China would support North Korea if they launch any kind of strike without provocation; the Russians have already fairly definitively said they have no tolerance for NK on this conflict.
                  We haven't had a swift and overwhelming response since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Frankly, I feel like we are seen as blowhards from the rest of the world. Naturally, that is an emotional statement.

Jong-Un was raised in the environment of his father pilfering shittons (Universal not metric) of aid from any direction he could. We have given more relief to his people than any other country. This young pup is testing his boundaries. However, I have the feeling that he might be overloading his hummingbird asshole with his alligator mouth.

I seriously hope that China has moved into the region merely to calm this whippersnapper down and our government is aware of these actions. I worry that he will not register this properly. I'm slightly more apprehensive to the idea that this is staged.

carry on with the facts... I have none.

Comment

The motto of the trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                      We haven't had a swift and overwhelming response since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Frankly, I feel like we are seen as blowhards from the rest of the world. Naturally, that is an emotional statement.
                      Iraq may not have been as swift and overwhelming as our response in World War II was (is that honestly what we're really looking to do on a regular basis?), but it certainly proved that we don't have much difficulty disposing of power-hungry dictators and their paper mache regimes, even if we wind up there for 15 years after the fact.

It's also worth noting (kind of the important thing here) that no one has ever launched a nuclear weapon at the US, even the Russians; are you really concerned about things not escalating properly if a nuclear weapon is launched at American soil?

Jong-Un was raised in the environment of his father pilfering shittons (Universal not metric) of aid from any direction he could. We have given more relief to his people than any other country. This young pup is testing his boundaries. However, I have the feeling that he might be overloading his hummingbird asshole with his alligator mouth.

I seriously hope that China has moved into the region merely to calm this whippersnapper down and our government is aware of these actions. I worry that he will not register this properly. I'm slightly more apprehensive to the idea that this is staged.

carry on with the facts... I have none.
                      He's straining what few positive relationships he has left. People like to cite China's immense support of NK, but North Korea has shown a pattern of distrust of the Chinese (multiple purging of Chinese educated communists within NK government ranks because of fears that they'd try and encourage Chinese style economic reforms).

He's already lost the backing of the Russians, who have put up with a lot of shenanigans over the years.

China is where the crux lay, and I'm unconvinced that they're dying to get involved in an arm conflict with the US over North Korea. I'm not saying they won't, but I don't think it's likely. The counterpoint in this thread has been that the Chinese are 100% foaming at the mouth to start WWIII with the US; my only claim is that that's probably not the case.

Comment

• This just in...
                        ./ ____ _ _\.
                        (]]]_ o _[[[)
                        \o_FORD_o/
                        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                          I'm tired of all the bullshit talk from both sides. Either get on with it or shut the fuck up. Like the Nike commerical says "Just Do It".
                          Post up that ghost W2..

Just do it.

Comment

I really don't what else to say to it. A lone article being posted on ABC or FOX or Breitbart or HuffPo is no more authoritative than a lone article posted on the back page of the Klan's blog if no one else is picking the story up. Like I've said to him two or three times, being picked up by the mainstream media doesn't make it gospel, but rather the ability to substantiate and cross-examine the information provided does.

Comment

• North Korea has just approved the use of nuclear force.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Iraq may not have been as swift and overwhelming as our response in World War II was (is that honestly what we're really looking to do on a regular basis?), but it certainly proved that we don't have much difficulty disposing of power-hungry dictators and their paper mache regimes, even if we wind up there for 15 years after the fact.
                                Ultimately, yes. We, as a nation, should not have to react in such a manner every time. However, complacency builds in everyone. Occasionally, we will be required to remind folks of the fact that we have achieved Super Power Status. Do we need to turn North Korea into a glass island? (That hurts my wolf clad noggin.) Not yet. Do we need to posture along side China? Fuck yes!!!!

It's also worth noting (kind of the important thing here) that no one has ever launched a nuclear weapon at the US, even the Russians; are you really concerned about things not escalating properly if a nuclear weapon is launched at American soil?
                                The idea of me worrying about the aftermath comes solely from my lack of confidence in the current administration and their inability to handle situations properly when job security is on the line. Currently, the majority of the populace has their heads in the vagina of good time Charlene. They are not concerned with the worldly matters at hand and the fubar-ed reactions.

He's straining what few positive relationships he has left. People like to cite China's immense support of NK, but North Korea has shown a pattern of distrust of the Chinese (multiple purging of Chinese educated communists within NK government ranks because of fears that they'd try and encourage Chinese style economic reforms).

He's already lost the backing of the Russians, who have put up with a lot of shenanigans over the years.

China is where the crux lay, and I'm unconvinced that they're dying to get involved in an arm conflict with the US over North Korea. I'm not saying they won't, but I don't think it's likely. The counterpoint in this thread has been that the Chinese are 100% foaming at the mouth to start WWIII with the US; my only claim is that that's probably not the case.
                                This is where my hope is. Hopefully, this is all posturing. hopefully, Jong-Un figures out a way to receive this without thinking he has won a massive accomplishment against the U.S.

DISCLAIMER: I had to break away from this post 10 different times. If it is all over the place, I apologize and will try to fill in the blanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X