Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    It's not only her child.
    I don't understand how you can possibly think you can tell a father "Sorry, IT WAS NEVER YOURS BRO!"
    If a woman does not want to have your baby, find another woman who will. Big whoop.

Comment

It's not only her child.
      I don't understand how you can possibly think you can tell a father "Sorry, IT WAS NEVER YOURS BRO!"
      Should I be able to force you into having a vasectomy if I don't want to make babies with you?

Comment

Looking at the details of the bill, I agree it was a bad bill.

But if it was specifically a ban on abortions after 20 weeks (with exceptions of rape and health), I would be for it.

I cannot understand how someone could not figure out if they were prepared to have a child within 5 months.... that's a long fucking time.

Comment

Goddammit. Now I won't even be able to walk down the street without stepping on a dead baby!
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            Should I be able to force you into having a vasectomy if I don't want to make babies with you?
            Not only is that retarded and apples/oranges, you should have to courage to tell someone that before it becomes an issue.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Technically, it isn't the father's child. Once you conceive your first child, and carry it for 9 months, you might have a point.
              Tell that to the courts.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

SB 5 is written by Republican state senator Glenn Hagar and would make most (it does have exceptions like health of the mother, rape, ect...)abortion illegal after 20 weeks. It would also establish requirements for abortion facilities, which supporters say would make the procedures safer for women and their unborn babies.

What is wrong with having safer places to have the procedure done at.

20 weeks is more than 1/2 way thru the pregnancy. One would think that the decision to abort after a rape would be made long before 20 weeks.

At what point does the baby get the right to live?

I'm not for abortion but I'm also not for government telling a Woman she can't have one. But really how many Women wake up at 21 weeks and decide to have one?

Comment

Not only is that retarded and apples/oranges, you should have to courage to tell someone that before it becomes an issue.
                  It's really not much different. It's telling someone else what they can do with their body. Common sense dictates you should have the "what would you do if" conversation with a partner before having sex, since nothing is 100%, short of a hysterectomy. If you don't like her answer to the would be fate of your offspring, you probably shouldn't stick your dick in her.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                    SB 5 is written by Republican state senator Glenn Hagar and would make most (it does have exceptions like health of the mother, rape, ect...)abortion illegal after 20 weeks. It would also establish requirements for abortion facilities, which supporters say would make the procedures safer for women and their unborn babies.

What is wrong with having safer places to have the procedure done at.

20 weeks is more than 1/2 way thru the pregnancy. One would think that the decision to abort after a rape would be made long before 20 weeks.

At what point does the baby get the right to live?

I'm not for abortion but I'm also not for government telling a Woman she can't have one. But really how many Women wake up at 21 weeks and decide to have one?
                    1.3% in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                      1.3% in 2009
                      If that is true I really don't see a problem telling 1.3% of women that have abortions, that they need to make up her mind before 20 weeks.
                      Last edited by Woods Racing Transmission; 06-26-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                        It's really not much different. It's telling someone else what they can do with their body. Common sense dictates you should have the "what would you do if" conversation with a partner before having sex, since nothing is 100%, short of a hysterectomy. If you don't like her answer to the would be fate of your offspring, you probably shouldn't stick your dick in her.
                        Yes, it is that different in this context.
                        Telling someone to have preventitive measure before sex does not equal telling someone to kill a child your sperm created.

Telling me to have a vasectomy would be like me telling you to have laparascopy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, it is that different in this context.
                          Telling someone to have preventitive measure before sex does not equal telling someone to kill a child your sperm created.

Telling me to have a vasectomy would be like me telling you to have laparascopy.
                          Well, if you force a woman to have an abortion, and then she is sterile afterwards (it happens) then we are talking about the same thing, essentially.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            Well, if you force a woman to have an abortion, and then she is sterile afterwards (it happens) then we are talking about the same thing, essentially.
                            Why must my only option be to force her to have an abortion? Why can't I simply say I have opted for it, but due to her rejection of the idea, I would like to sign over all legal right and responsibilities of the child to the mother who has chose to birth?

I feel that is a fair compromise. The woman wanting the abortion simply because she was too stupid to ensure the use of any form of birth control should not be given sole decision making rights. She's already proven she isn't capable of making responsible ones.
                            If the father wants the child, she should have to carry it to term, birth, and sign it over.
                            Don't want to go through all that hassle? Be a fucking responsible individual and prevent it from ever getting that far. Take some fucking accountability for your actions at least once.
                            sigpic

Comment

Why must my only option be to force her to have an abortion? Why can't I simply say I have opted for it, but due to her rejection of the idea, I would like to sign over all legal right and responsibilities of the child to the mother who has chose to birth?

I feel that is a fair compromise. The woman wanting the abortion simply because she was too stupid to ensure the use of any form of birth control should not be given sole decision making rights. She's already proven she isn't capable of making responsible ones.
                              If the father wants the child, she should have to carry it to term, birth, and sign it over.
                              Don't want to go through all that hassle? Be a fucking responsible individual and prevent it from ever getting that far. Take some fucking accountability for your actions at least once.
                              news flash: you can sign over your rights at any time.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                                news flash: you can sign over your rights at any time.
                                Assuming she agrees to it, and doesn't try to bone you for child support instead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X