Sooooooo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    news flash: you can sign over your rights at any time.
    I think he is referring to financial responsibilities/rights.

Comment

Truth. It can be argued either way. I have personally known of several cases, my roommate was able to sign his over with the mother's permission, since the mother was of a very wealthy family she didn't want child support, so they signed an out of court agreement and he signed over eliminating himself from financial ties. It worked out famously.

I also had a friend who knocked a chick up, and she told him he had an abortion. She had the kid, and then took him to court for child support, but was claiming he shouldn't have custody or visitation because he agreed that she should abort. He was allowed by the court to waive all rights and responsibilities, against her will.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I swear no one reads anything before responding any more. Half the "points" some of you are making have been covered and countered or affirmed already.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          I swear no one reads anything before responding any more. Half the "points" some of you are making have been covered and countered or affirmed already.
          Typical debate tactic, ignore answers and restate them in hopes that you'll get the answer you want.

Comment

This will end well...

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              This will end well...

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
              Wow. That's not even close to an analogy. It's pretty fucking stupid too.

Comment

You gotta admit, it would be pretty awesome to have your own personal slave though. Not like a whole gaggle of them or anything. Just one. Thing is, the blacks had their time in the spotlight and Mexicans are damn near slaves already, so what do we do? Go after the smart Asians? I'm white and I damn sure don't want to be nobody's bitch. Such a conundrum!
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Rick Perry calls Texas legislature back into session to vote again on late-term abortion ban

A mob in the statehouse didn’t beat Scott Walker on labor reform and it’s not going to beat Perry on abortion. Bring ‘em back:

Gov. Rick Perry today announced a Special Session of the Texas Legislature will begin at 2 p.m. Monday, July 1.

“I am calling the Legislature back into session because too much important work remains undone for the people of Texas. Through their duly elected representatives, the citizens of our state have made crystal clear their priorities for our great state. Texans value life and want to protect women and the unborn. Texans want a transportation system that keeps them moving. Texans want a court system that is fair and just. We will not allow the breakdown of decorum and decency to prevent us from doing what the people of this state hired us to do.
                  Is it relevant that a plurality of Americans, as well as a majority of Texans, support banning abortion after 20 weeks? It should be, but is it? America’s courts reliably strike down regulations on abortion, even though not even Roe itself declared this subject categorically beyond the bounds of legislation, so this one’s probably DOA even if it passes. And calling the legislature back creates another prime opportunity for grandstanding by Wendy Davis, who, given the amount of media slobber over her this morning, appears to be some sort of left-wing cross between Jefferson Smith and Jesus. (She even got a write-up in People magazine, because momentarily stopping the patriarchy from challenging the world’s Kermit Gosnells is so inspiring that even entertainment pubs will pick it up.) Needless to say, pro-lifers hooting down a blue-state legislature trying to hold a vote to expand abortion would be treated in the press as some sort of putsch; pro-choicers doing it to a red-state legislature that’s trying to make baby-killing a little bit harder is as patriotic as George Washington farting “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Abortion really is, as Carl Cannon said during the Gosnell coverage, journalism’s most sacred cow. The silver lining is that it may be leading myopic abortion-warrior liberals into strategic mistakes.

Via Mediaite, here’s Monica Crowley and pro-life Democrat Kirsten Powers reflecting on what it means for our political culture that the president of the United States, a staunch defender of abortion under pretty much any circumstances, felt obliged to tweet his support for this clusterfark last night. Exit quotation from John Hayward: “Let the word go out from coast to coast: Barack Obama endorses filibusters and mob rule.”

Comment

FWIW, I believe the signing over of rights thing ended around 10 years ago. At least in TX. I could be wrong, but when I tried to get my son's mother to sign over her rights, it was not an option per the courts. Beyond that, Magnus, what you want would give every man in America the right to bail on their responsibilities. That isn't how it works, nor should it even be thought of in that manner. Anyone who walks out on a living child is a sack of shit. That goes for women, too.

Magnus, I know this isn't the first time you've been called an idiot, but it is true. It is not only on the woman to be on some type of contraceptive. And there is only one contraceptive that is 100% effective. It is called a hysterectomy. Vasectomies, tying of tubes, pills, shots, etc - they all fail.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post

Rick Perry calls Texas legislature back into session to vote again on late-term abortion ban

A mob in the statehouse didn’t beat Scott Walker on labor reform and it’s not going to beat Perry on abortion. Bring ‘em back:

Gov. Rick Perry today announced a Special Session of the Texas Legislature will begin at 2 p.m. Monday, July 1.

“I am calling the Legislature back into session because too much important work remains undone for the people of Texas. Through their duly elected representatives, the citizens of our state have made crystal clear their priorities for our great state. Texans value life and want to protect women and the unborn. Texans want a transportation system that keeps them moving. Texans want a court system that is fair and just. We will not allow the breakdown of decorum and decency to prevent us from doing what the people of this state hired us to do.
                      Is it relevant that a plurality of Americans, as well as a majority of Texans, support banning abortion after 20 weeks? It should be, but is it? America’s courts reliably strike down regulations on abortion, even though not even Roe itself declared this subject categorically beyond the bounds of legislation, so this one’s probably DOA even if it passes. And calling the legislature back creates another prime opportunity for grandstanding by Wendy Davis, who, given the amount of media slobber over her this morning, appears to be some sort of left-wing cross between Jefferson Smith and Jesus. (She even got a write-up in People magazine, because momentarily stopping the patriarchy from challenging the world’s Kermit Gosnells is so inspiring that even entertainment pubs will pick it up.) Needless to say, pro-lifers hooting down a blue-state legislature trying to hold a vote to expand abortion would be treated in the press as some sort of putsch; pro-choicers doing it to a red-state legislature that’s trying to make baby-killing a little bit harder is as patriotic as George Washington farting “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Abortion really is, as Carl Cannon said during the Gosnell coverage, journalism’s most sacred cow. The silver lining is that it may be leading myopic abortion-warrior liberals into strategic mistakes.

Via Mediaite, here’s Monica Crowley and pro-life Democrat Kirsten Powers reflecting on what it means for our political culture that the president of the United States, a staunch defender of abortion under pretty much any circumstances, felt obliged to tweet his support for this clusterfark last night. Exit quotation from John Hayward: “Let the word go out from coast to coast: Barack Obama endorses filibusters and mob rule.”
                      Doesn't want mob rule, resorts to mob rule tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Agreed. But if he were going to resort to mob tactics, I'd prefer he did it for open carry.

Comment

This issue is the LEAST of Texas' problems and should not have even been brought up. It does not strengthen the public's view of the GOP and does little good especially if only 1.3% of abortions happen post 20 weeks. The GOP is basically going out of their way to shine a light on a non-issue and its own ridiculous stance on that non-issue.

Will this get more GOP votes?
                          Does effectively forcing these clinics to close based on new, unneeded upgrade costs improve women's health?
                          Will this sway minds of moderates to consider the GOP?
                          Will this help reelection campaigns of the GOP in Texas?

Fuck no.
                          Way to shoot yourself in the foot over NOTHING.
                          Focus on REAL not imaginary problems, losers.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

No shit. Hell from the looks of it, even Cruz is onboard with this nonsense, which is highly disappointing. Don't we have real issues to worry about?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              FWIW, I believe the signing over of rights thing ended around 10 years ago. At least in TX. I could be wrong, but when I tried to get my son's mother to sign over her rights, it was not an option per the courts. Beyond that, Magnus, what you want would give every man in America the right to bail on their responsibilities. That isn't how it works, nor should it even be thought of in that manner. Anyone who walks out on a living child is a sack of shit. That goes for women, too.

Magnus, I know this isn't the first time you've been called an idiot, but it is true. It is not only on the woman to be on some type of contraceptive. And there is only one contraceptive that is 100% effective. It is called a hysterectomy. Vasectomies, tying of tubes, pills, shots, etc - they all fail.
                              If contraceptive measures are used, but fail, I have no problem with an abortion taking place.

I see a woman having an abortion as walking out on her living child. The father should have the choice to raise his child.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                If contraceptive measures are used, but fail, I have no problem with an abortion taking place.

I see a woman having an abortion as walking out on her living child. The father should have the choice to raise his child.
                                So, under your watch, all women looking for an abortion will go through strict scrutiny. I can see it now.

"Did you use contraception."
                                "Yes."

A great law it will make.

Comment

Working...
                                X