No announcement yet.

In post-soviet Russia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Are those Putin quotes or Hitler quotes?

You guys think this is good? Scary.

Maybe "Good" isn’t the term....but I see your point. I think a lot of people are unhappy with the way this country is going. Then, there are a lot of people who are happy for the direction of this country, because it benefits them one way or the other.

Teddy Roosevelt had it right though, if you are not willing to identify yourself as an American 100%, then you are NOT good for the values in which this country was created upon; if you are not willing to conform to the way of the country, the culture and practices, then GTFO....

I don’t like Putin, but if we could find a way to mix his steadfast passion for his people, and country (only his passion, not his methods) and combine it with our (America, not Obama) ideology and passion, I think we would be in a better place, direction. We need more patriots in this country, less succubus whores

Less compromise and lip and a whole lot more action
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

^^^ Perfectly said.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
          When my Parents moved to israel in 71.. they learned Hebrew....
          when They moved to South africa in 75.. they learned english.

yet i see TONS of legal and illegal immigrants here who dont speak or read the language.
          as an immigrant who came here legaly , pays all my taxes, SS and other crap that all the illegals dont.. it INFURIATES me how many people milk the system and dont learn the language.

if you dont like it here.. move the fuck back where you came from.
          What is your parents country of origin? I'm assuming they didn't know english? Both sides of my family (Germans and Italians) came over in the 1880's and 1902 and had nothing and knew no english. I still have my great grandfathers Italian-to-English translation book/dictionary with a 1900 copy write. He kept it with him until the day he died in 1965. All the immigrants of that day knew that the path to success in this country, started with learning the english language.

Comment

I think it could be argued that every baby born is sort of like an immigrant. Learn English, learn our way of life and drive on.

In the grand scheme of things, if you want to be here and succeed it's really not that hard at all ...and you can have a lot of options for help to do it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              What is your parents country of origin? I'm assuming they didn't know english? Both sides of my family (Germans and Italians) came over in the 1880's and 1902 and had nothing and knew no english. I still have my great grandfathers Italian-to-English translation book/dictionary with a 1900 copy write. He kept it with him until the day he died in 1965. All the immigrants of that day knew that the path to success in this country, started with learning the english language.
              Both my Parents are from the former Soviet Republic and gave up every penny/ possesion to get the fuck out of there. They spoke russian and a little hebrew, my mom already spoke english because she was an english teacher in Russia.

You move to a new country. It is now your home. the onus is on YOU to adapt to it.. not make the country adapt to you IMO.
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

You move to a new country. It is now your home. the onus is on YOU to adapt to it.. not make the country adapt to you IMO.
                It's folks like your parents that helped make this country great. It's folks like your parents and us who need to figure out something to make it great again. Personally, I'm short on ideas that does not get all locked up and the trend continuing.

Meant to actually say, proud to have folks like your parents here. Good for them for doing what I also feel is the right thing.
                Last edited by ceyko; 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Both my Parents are from the former Soviet Republic and gave up every penny/ possesion to get the fuck out of there. They spoke russian and a little hebrew, my mom already spoke english because she was an english teacher in Russia.

Of course you're absolutely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    It's folks like your parents that helped make this country great. It's folks like your parents and us who need to figure out something to make it great again. Personally, I'm short on ideas that does not get all locked up and the trend continuing.
                    one of the MOST irritating conversations i have had was with another immigrant from the USSR.

he was the grocery packer @ albertsons.. we started talking and he walked me out..
                    he said " Man.. i hate it here.. i have NO LIFE.. i get up in my crappy apartment.. drive my crappy car to work.. work 10 hours , drive back home.. eat and watch some crappy TV and go to sleep".

i was like " wait.. you have an apartment? you have a CAR.. you have a JOB??? you have FOOD... What car did you have in russia.. what house did you have in russia what JOB did you have in russia"
                    him : " no i lived with 6 friends in a 600 sq ft apartment.. we didnt have a car. LOL WHO has a car there? i worked for the post office for the equivelant of $5 a day. "

So WHAT THE FUCK are you complaining about? PACK your shit and fuck off.. you have a place to live.. a car.. a job and FOOD>> AND you have cable TV.. and you are still complaining?????
                    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

one of the MOST irritating conversations i have had was with another immigrant from the USSR.

he was the grocery packer @ albertsons.. we started talking and he walked me out..
                      he said " Man.. i hate it here.. i have NO LIFE.. i get up in my crappy apartment.. drive my crappy car to work.. work 10 hours , drive back home.. eat and watch some crappy TV and go to sleep".

i was like " wait.. you have an apartment? you have a CAR.. you have a JOB??? you have FOOD... What car did you have in russia.. what house did you have in russia what JOB did you have in russia"
                      him : " no i lived with 6 friends in a 600 sq ft apartment.. we didnt have a car. LOL WHO has a car there? i worked for the post office for the equivelant of $5 a day. "

So WHAT THE FUCK are you complaining about? PACK your shit and fuck off.. you have a place to live.. a car.. a job and FOOD>> AND you have cable TV.. and you are still complaining?????
                      I guess some of them never get over the "chicken in every pot" mentality. The "state" took care of them, as miserable as it was.

Comment

Yeah, it maybe the culture thing. 30 years ago most were happy with those 3 types of things and a little spending money. Now we have to have new cars....etc...etc..etc

I fall for the trap sometimes and back off. Chances are with that dude, he maybe lazy and not trying to improve himself. It's a constant battle to do so and a lot of people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Yeah, it maybe the culture thing. 30 years ago most were happy with those 3 types of things and a little spending money. Now we have to have new cars....etc...etc..etc

I fall for the trap sometimes and back off. Chances are with that dude, he maybe lazy and not trying to improve himself. It's a constant battle to do so and a lot of people don't.
                          I have a TV in every room of the house, even the garage, new cars, house, Credit Card Debt...

I am now trying to get that mentality out of my head, look around and see what I do have.

It is easy to succumb to all of the flash we are exposed too. I mean, look at who the idols are now days...they are not sports stars, athletes or movie stars, its musicians and in my area, that means rappers. Look at what type of guys the girls are chasing...if you want the poon, you play the game.

Then there is our education system, our Social Economic (welfare, EBT, Lone star) system(s)....I mean, there are A LOT of things that have veered off path here...
                          Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                          X