Obamacare calculators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    Glad my employer has coverage for me and my family, though, I do need to stop smoking

I hate to tell you this, but before it's over, your employer will probably drop health insurance. This shit is set up to destroy anything but govt run insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      I am going to be fucked!! I don't have health insurance nor do I want insurance. I see bad times coming....
      Time to burn the MF down to kill the infestation and start over.

Comment

[QUOTE=SEB;1126973]Will Obamacare actually stick after he is out of office. I cant imagine America really taking this lying down. Shit will hit the fan when people file their Taxes!

Did welfare stick after FDR left office 70 fucking years ago? I can't think of ONE entitlement program that has been taken away once it's implemented. They only get bigger.

Comment

worthless black president

Comment

Don't worry, if you don't like the worthless insurance next year you can just pay a penalty that is 1% of your income and then get the insurance on the day you get sick. They can't deny you insurance coverage for any reason.

Where it will get tough for people is a few years down the road. That is because the penalty escalates every year and ends up at around a 6% maximum by somewhere around 2016. For someone who makes 80K a year and feeds a family of four, that is a significant amount of money. Their alternative to the 6% penalty will be to pay about $14K a year for insurance that is basically worthless.

That is right, don't forget, the insurance you are buying is complete shit. It will have things like a $60 copay for a doctor visit and a $3,000 a year deductible before they pay for much beyond a basic doctor visit.

The way I see this playing out if a media blitz by the idiots in office around the end of this year followed by lots of people saying they are signing up. There will be drives in every city to get the subhumans signed up. Goals will be met and all that, the idiot Democrats will probably proclaim victory. Then the bills will start coming in the mail and no one will pay and it all blows up in their fucking faces.

Unfortunately these idiots we have in charge won't repeal the thing, they will try to "fix" it and it will be a mess for years.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

glad my company offers insurance, i have never really payed attention, nor had insurance till this year. i do make 900% above poverty though.
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Everyone gets healthcare, yay!!!!

Oh, but you have to pay for it just like before (possibly doubled the previous price, shh).....but there is no choice now. Pay up bitch.
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Don't worry, if you don't like the worthless insurance next year you can just pay a penalty that is 1% of your income and then get the insurance on the day you get sick. They can't deny you insurance coverage for any reason.

Where it will get tough for people is a few years down the road. That is because the penalty escalates every year and ends up at around a 6% maximum by somewhere around 2016. For someone who makes 80K a year and feeds a family of four, that is a significant amount of money. Their alternative to the 6% penalty will be to pay about $14K a year for insurance that is basically worthless.

That is right, don't forget, the insurance you are buying is complete shit. It will have things like a $60 copay for a doctor visit and a $3,000 a year deductible before they pay for much beyond a basic doctor visit.

The way I see this playing out if a media blitz by the idiots in office around the end of this year followed by lots of people saying they are signing up. There will be drives in every city to get the subhumans signed up. Goals will be met and all that, the idiot Democrats will probably proclaim victory. Then the bills will start coming in the mail and no one will pay and it all blows up in their fucking faces.

Unfortunately these idiots we have in charge won't repeal the thing, they will try to "fix" it and it will be a mess for years.
                  And the fix will be to raise rates even more. It's for the common good, ya know.

Comment

Fixed!!

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                    everyone gets insurance, but good luck getting in to see a doctor when you need to because all of the doctors leaving the industry. Yay!!!!

Comment

Yeah, this shit is already ridiculous. My wife and two boys are the only ones covered in our household, and her premium has gone from $350 or so a month to almost $700 now. We used to have a $1000 total deductible, now it has jumped to $2000 per person, so $6000 total. To add me to the policy jumps us to roughly $11000 per year in premiums, and $8000 in deductibles.

So, in that it is open enrollment time, we're dropping it. Sad thing is, these rates are not even close to where they will be in another year or two.

This country is well and truly fucked, and this is but one symptom of how badly.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                      X