Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Senator: ‘Take Our Parenting Classes Or We’ll Fail Your Kid In School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York State Senator: ‘Take Our Parenting Classes Or We’ll Fail Your Kid In School

A bill has been filed in the New York State Senate to require parents of grade school children to take four parenting classes or the children would not be allowed to enter the seventh grade.

The bill was filed by Sen. Ruben Diaz Sr. (D-Bronx). According to comments Diaz made to US News and World Report, Diaz says the parenting classes need to be mandatory because many parents don’t come to optional parent-teacher conferences.

The bill would require the New York State Education Department to establish 12 parenting courses – of which parents would select four to attend. Diaz envisions the classes helping parents deal with issues such as sexual orientation, bullying and suicide, and the bill specifically mandates a course on physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Employers would be required to provide one day of paid leave annually to allow parents to attend.

Diaz says parents who feel capable of raising their children without state-provided instruction shouldn’t be upset by the proposal.

“We are not saying they are irresponsible,” Diaz says. ”We are trying to expand their skills. Especially good parents would not miss an opportunity to expand their parental skills and get involved with their children’s psychological problems.”

Diaz introduced a similar bill last year; however, it did not make it out of the Senate Education Committee.

Perhaps the New York state legislature should consider requiring its members to take financial literacy classes in light of the fact that it has the second highest overall state debt burden in the country instead of requiring New York State parents to take parenting classes.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

"The brainwashing of the kids is going well. Now, let's get to work on the parents."
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

People should have to take parenting classes before they have kids, not after.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          That was my thought. And if you are on govt assistance for an extended period of time, after your second child you get sterilized.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            That was my thought. And if you are on govt assistance for an extended period of time, after your second child you get sterilized.
            That policy would be scary as fuck.
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
              That policy would be scary as fuck.
              Yes. I never thought I would suggest that, but these leeches that can't afford to take care of themselves keep multiplying more leeches.

Comment

Here's an idea. Make a required class for the students on parenting, and after a few years it will all work itself out. Just like there should be a class on money management to graduate high school. But no, that algebra sure has come in fucking handy in real life!!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Just like there should be a class on money management to graduate high school. But no, that algebra sure has come in fucking handy in real life!!

Fuckin amen!!
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Youre talking about the death of the democratic party here
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Youre talking about the death of the democratic party here
                      See, we're killing two birds with one stone. :-)

Comment

see, we're killing two birds with one stone. :-)
                        amen

Comment

Thats harsh the government should just tax them, and tax the parents if they dont live in the same household.

Comment

I don't agree with the sterilization, but I have said that once someone QUALIFIED for government assistance and used the children as the reason, they should get an injectable birth control shot that they stay on until either A: they get a better job/livelihood and can afford to raise kids or B: they die.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              I don't agree with the sterilization, but I have said that once someone QUALIFIED for government assistance and used the children as the reason, they should get an injectable birth control shot that they stay on until either A: they get a better job/livelihood and can afford to raise kids or B: they die.
                              That would be fine. My main concern is that the cockroaches don't continue to multiply and bring create more financial burden on everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X