Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Senator: ‘Take Our Parenting Classes Or We’ll Fail Your Kid In School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    But no, that algebra sure has come in fucking handy in real life!!
    Just because it doesn't slap you in the face and say "this is algebra" doesn't mean you don't use it.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      Just because it doesn't slap you in the face and say "this is algebra" doesn't mean you don't use it.
      just because your phone does it for you doesn't mean you do use it
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        It sure as fuck came in handy when I took statistics and higher order economics.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          just because your phone does it for you doesn't mean you do use it
          algebra != arithmetic
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

what kind of shit-pile phone do you have that won't cipher quantum physics?
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Here's an idea. Make a required class for the students on parenting, and after a few years it will all work itself out. Just like there should be a class on money management to graduate high school. But no, that algebra sure has come in fucking handy in real life!!
              I took Child Development and Personal Finance in HS.. Do they not still offer that kind of stuff?

I do agree though, that they should make some of those types of classes standard requirements. There are a few others I would add in. It would be nice for at least some of the education be directly applicable to their adult-lives, and not just college prep.

Many of these could be short classes, on very basic stuff.
              • How to open, maintain and use a Bank account - Including understanding some basic banking rules and laws.
              • Basic Vehicle Maintenance - Not necessarily auto-shop, but just basics like checking fuses, changing tires, etc.
              • Personal Finance - Including how to calculate and file taxes, and employer with-holdings.
              • Finding an keeping a Job - Basic application and resume classes, and how to act on the job.
              • Housing - How to look for, and securing housing. Discuss leases and tenant rights.

Granted - Parents should be doing most of that, but as we all know, many parents do not. Meanwhile, the kids, and society suffers.
              Last edited by Chili; 05-12-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                I don't agree with the sterilization, but I have said that once someone QUALIFIED for government assistance and used the children as the reason, they should get an injectable birth control shot that they stay on until either A: they get a better job/livelihood and can afford to raise kids or B: they die.
                There is just one big problem with your idea ( which I agree with ). Your Party`s pandering to it`s Christian Fundamental base has spent the last 5 years fighting hard against the very idea of birth control and it being paid for with tax money. It`s also the fundamental argument of Hobby Lobby`s suit to which not shockingly every anti-obamacare proponet ( including many on here ) supports.

I dont think you`ll get to have it both ways on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
                  There is just one big problem with your idea ( which I agree with ). Your Party`s pandering to it`s Christian Fundamental base has spent the last 5 years fighting hard against the very idea of birth control and it being paid for with tax money. It`s also the fundamental argument of Hobby Lobby`s suit to which not shockingly every anti-obamacare proponet ( including many on here ) supports.

So you're saying our choice is either pay for birth control or pay for the bastard kids? Where is the responsibility of the adults factor in here?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

He's just trolling.. again.

Comment

I don't agree with the sterilization, but I have said that once someone QUALIFIED for government assistance and used the children as the reason, they should get an injectable birth control shot that they stay on until either A: they get a better job/livelihood and can afford to raise kids or B: they die.
                      That would damn near wipeout whole populations and communities.
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Lajntx View Post

My party?

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                        That would damn near wipeout whole populations and communities.
                        Not really, it'll curb the hell out of certain socio-economic lifestyles that are several generations deep read into it what you will It's very black/white to me... Get a job, support your kids. If you require my money to support your kids, then you sure as hell aren't fit to have any more. It's real simple
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

My party?

Not really, it'll curb the hell out of certain socio-economic lifestyles that are several generations deep read into it what you will It's very black/white to me... Get a job, support your kids. If you require my money to support your kids, then you sure as hell aren't fit to have any more. It's real simple
                          x2 And if you can't afford them, then don't have them in the first place.

As far as the free birth control comparison is concerned, it's not my responsibility to buy your rubbers.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                            x2 And if you can't afford them, then don't have them in the first place.

As far as the free birth control comparison is concerned, it's not my responsibility to buy your rubbers.
                            My idea for this is NOT to provide free birth control... if someone is requesting government assistance and it is their first time claiming their children as an expense they cannot financially handle, the buck stops there. They are given an injectable birth control as long as they are receiving a handout based upon their inability to provide for their existing children. Nothing more than that.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

My idea for this is NOT to provide free birth control... if someone is requesting government assistance and it is their first time claiming their children as an expense they cannot financially handle, the buck stops there. They are given an injectable birth control as long as they are receiving a handout based upon their inability to provide for their existing children. Nothing more than that.
                              I was referring to Lanjtx's post where he was referring to the GOP's resistance to providing free birth control. I am with you on not being financially responsible for others. You can't help others who won't help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X