Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police Now 'Armed For War' Against Returning Veterans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Yep. Not enough balls to do it for real in a combat zone where there are no laws to protect you from the bad guys, so they have to have the rank and toys of a soldier to feel like Robocop while munching on a donut and flying down 635, reading texts and drinking coffee.
    Most of the guys who operate the one's here are retired military.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
      Most of the guys who operate the one's here are retired military.
      Right, and there's a reason they got out. Usually because being in a war zone is serious bullshit, especially with restrictive ROE so you go back to the states and civilian life, get a badge, gun and authority with lots of neat toys and a rank you can pin on just like in the military but without all of those rules on shooting people and property damage.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Right, and there's a reason they got out. Usually because being in a war zone is serious bullshit, especially with restrictive ROE so you go back to the states and civilian life, get a badge, gun and authority with lots of neat toys and a rank you can pin on just like in the military but without all of those rules on shooting people and property damage.
        That is a bit on the harsh side. My buddy just finished his 25 years in the service and is now looking for a PD job; I have known the man for 14 years and can tell you that he is none of the things that you are suggesting. If he manages to get some rank in a department he will not allow any of the officers under him to act in a way that would ruffle your feathers either.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          That is a bit on the harsh side. My buddy just finished his 25 years in the service and is now looking for a PD job; I have known the man for 14 years and can tell you that he is none of the things that you are suggesting. If he manages to get some rank in a department he will not allow any of the officers under him to act in a way that would ruffle your feathers either.
          There are, of course, exceptions to every rule. Everyone here knows how I view peace officers and the difference between them and cops. The worst cops to get stopped by (usually around a military base) are those who were military and have that chip on their shoulder or miss the adrenaline and authority. If cops would just stop fucking up, obey the constitution and actually abide by the law they are meant to enforce (instead of hiding behind things like Warren v DC) then we may go a long way back towards the era where Officer Smiley was the guy you went to if you were afraid, lost or needed help. Now? You approach a cop and it's usually a bad time.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Most got out to be home close to family. Your bunching of all cops being bad is the same as anyone else saying all military are crazy since they shoot their own people or civilians.

I will say there are bad eggs and imo the way a department handles them can make a world of difference. You can pretty much guarantee this in every profession there is.

Comment

You can pretty much guarantee this in every profession there is.
              Get out of here with your logical thought process.

Comment

Now? You approach a cop and it's usually a bad time.
                Almost always a bad time. Much like dealing with any government entity like the DPS or some such. I wont talk to a cop unless there is no other choice
                WH

Comment

Most got out to be home close to family. Your bunching of all cops being bad is the same as anyone else saying all military are crazy since they shoot their own people or civilians.
                  That and his attitude as being infantry that saw combat and was injured is going to be dramatically different than someone who worked in a warehouse for their deployment.

The biggest problem is when ex military police are dealing with current military. They know the soldiers are supposed to know better and they are making the uniform they used to wear look bad. They'll take it a lot more personal than pulling over a soccer mom.

Comment

Fuel tank is self sealing and has a fire retardant coating. The air dryers and ECM's are not very well protected. Take out the air, brakes lock up, take out the ECM and you have a very sturdy road block. With the ECM gone, no running engine and no A/C, you won't stay in it very long.

Comment

I think of this stuff like this.

Full autos and tanks. Anyone in their right mind would say fuck yeah. Gimme gimme.

Comment

Where is the ecu located? Is it armored?
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                          Where is the ecu located? Is it armored?
                          I believe you've got the TCM in the engine compartment (unarmored), but the rest of the ECU is in the cabin (armored). My memory may be failing me on this one though.

Comment

No way that windshield is going to stop a .50 BMG API. All these toys do is let you play the odds.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              No way that windshield is going to stop a .50 BMG API. All these toys do is let you play the odds.
                              I wondered the same but it's like 4" plus thick just as all the other windows. I'm not much up on armor but it is made out of something other than steel. It didn't scratch easy and wasn't magnetic.

Comment

I wondered the same but it's like 4" plus thick just as all the other windows. I'm not much up on armor but it is made out of something other than steel. It didn't scratch easy and wasn't magnetic.
                                That would be an interesting test
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X