Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police Now 'Armed For War' Against Returning Veterans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I offered a test on the NATO Unimog Mamba that is supposed to resist anything 30 cal. I have some fmj m2 and some of the black tip ap stuff. They declined my offer though since they weren't sure which 7.62 it was designated as resistant.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      No way that windshield is going to stop a .50 BMG API. All these toys do is let you play the odds.
      I cant say for sure, and likely depends on the angle of the shot, but I've personally seen them stop a dushka. Our windows were thicker than 4" though, weighed about 800 lbs. No clue what they were made of.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        No way that windshield is going to stop a .50 BMG API. All these toys do is let you play the odds.
        They are designed to stop an explosion from an IED, not necessarily a direct assault. If you disable it, you can cook it long enough for everyone to have to get out and those windows WILL break, you may just have to put a few rounds through it.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Right, and there's a reason they got out. Usually because being in a war zone is serious bullshit, especially with restrictive ROE so you go back to the states and civilian life, get a badge, gun and authority with lots of neat toys and a rank you can pin on just like in the military but without all of those rules on shooting people and property damage.
          How many days in theater did you have? How many firefights? You had a bad time, but don't pretend like you didn't volunteer, and don't pretend like you were at Khe Sanh or something.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            How many days in theater did you have?
            I believe I've seen him respond to this before, and IIRC it was 4-5 days.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              How many days in theater did you have? How many firefights? You had a bad time, but don't pretend like you didn't volunteer, and don't pretend like you were at Khe Sanh or something.
              4 days, 1 firefight. I never said I didn't volunteer, of course I did. My point is, cops did too and I'm more restricted on how I can handle insurgents in a war zone than cops are with Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                City of Gainesville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
                Why the hell does this town need that?
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                  Meth, it's a helluva drug.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                    "Want to be in the Infantry" syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                      Meth, it's a helluva drug.
                      Their response time is horrible, despite having 2 cops on every street.
                      "Want to be in the Infantry" syndrome.
                      No kidding. They like to get in a group and hassle people. Apparently standing beside your car in nice clothes at a gas station is illegal.
                      Originally posted by Buzzo
                      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

So your saying no soldiers have ever taken out some innocent people and was able to get out of it? Can only go by conversations of experienced military that it does happen. Some of that can swept under the rug out there, where it may be harder in public for a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                          So your saying no soldiers have ever taken out some innocent people and was able to get out of it? Can only go by conversations of experienced military that it does happen. Some of that can swept under the rug out there, where it may be harder in public for a cop.
                          We have some shitbags in the military. I have had many MPs tell me that just because you are in the military does not mean that you are a good person.

Like these fine gentlemen:

Last edited by Moose242; 05-25-2014, 06:35 PM.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                            Not saying that at all. It does happen, but it happens in a country that isn't protected by the constitution and when it's discovered, they don't get a slap on the wrist, they get court martial-ed, tried and locked up and then you have the Hague that can try them as well for war crimes.

Remind me, what do we have to bring cops to justice here? A DA that operates in a city that would have to pay out to the family or to the victim themselves?

Comment

4 days, 1 firefight. I never said I didn't volunteer, of course I did. My point is, cops did too and I'm more restricted on how I can handle insurgents in a war zone than cops are with Americans.
                              I don't see what volunteering has to do with anything and why it should matter. If anything, you should get more respect for volunteering because that means you were man enough to put your life on the line for your country without being forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                                I don't see what volunteering has to do with anything and why it should matter. If anything, you should get more respect for volunteering because that means you were man enough to put your life on the line for your country without being forced to.
                                I'll be perfectly straight. When I enlisted, there was no war going on. I entered Basic on August 21, 2001. We hadn't fought anything since the first Gulf War and I had no idea what was coming but still, I could have let myself wash out and go back home but I just couldn't.

Damn patriotism and buying all that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X