X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post

I don't even have to read the article.
    But

Obama's critics will no doubt hear in this an excuse for his stymied agenda and limp approval ratings, but that's not the point. The fact is that it's always hard to assign credit or blame for conditions in the country to any president at any one time; the lines demarcating one presidency from the next are like arbitrary and porous borders, freely traversed by longer-term trends that don't neatly conform to the timelines of our elections.

Comment

I read the article. It's liberals whining about how Obama is so unfortunate to have inherited all the terrible problems Bush caused, essentially. It paints Obama as the victim.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Just like profit margins. You can figure the margin based on manufacturing costs vs selling price and have a good 25% margin or you can take a real number and look at lost/damaged cores, warehousing, packaging, shipping, warranty and figure out it's really more like 10%. Then factor in R&D, maintenance on the equipment, marketing, legal, etc... and you might be lucky to scrape by at 5%. Which is where it doesn't really make sense to even be in business, just throw money into the bond market.

Obviously you can improve on all of these by streamlining production, concentrating on higher profit parts with lower failure rates and cheaper cores, cutting warranty costs by improving production quality, outsourcing production, etc...
        Total side track alert:

That's an extreme oversimplification...in business you can scale up so that 5% becomes a much higher overall value. Simply buying bonds may compound, but to doesn't allow you to grow at the same rate as a business.

If a business increases revenue 20% YoY, and maintains a 5% profit margin...you're way better off.

Comment

Don't even get me started, lmao.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            But

Obama's critics will no doubt hear in this an excuse for his stymied agenda and limp approval ratings, but that's not the point. The fact is that it's always hard to assign credit or blame for conditions in the country to any president at any one time; the lines demarcating one presidency from the next are like arbitrary and porous borders, freely traversed by longer-term trends that don't neatly conform to the timelines of our elections.
            True, but six years into the job, if he was worth a shit, things would on the upside and not needing to hide stats.

Comment

It's only hard to assign credit or blame if you're a democrat. If you're a republican it's extremely easy to assign credit and blame.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

And did we tell you the name of the game, boys. they call it riding the blame gaaaaaame.
                Last edited by mstng86; 07-03-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Don't even get me started, lmao.
                  Get started son!!! This ain't a spectator sport!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Get started son!!! This ain't a spectator sport!
                    I have work to do!
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

The next financial crisis will be exciting. Another mortgage scheme, huge spike in the price of oil, a 401K scandal?????

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I knew you'd come around.
                        All it took was some more trolling for it to finally take effect. The power of christ compels me.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          All it took was some more trolling for it to finally take effect. The power of christ compels me.
                          Hallelujah!
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            But

Oh BS. They're quick to blame Bush for the economy when Carter and Clinton put all the wheels in motion with Fannie and Freddie Mac.

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                            True, but six years into the job, if he was worth a shit, things would on the upside and not needing to hide stats.
                            This. He, Obama, hasn't done anything to fix, he's just exasperated the problems.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            It's only hard to assign credit or blame if you're a democrat. If you're a republican it's extremely easy to assign credit and blame.
                            Ding!
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              The next financial crisis will be exciting. Another mortgage scheme, huge spike in the price of oil, a 401K scandal?????
                              Don't forget student loans and a very high likelihood of massive credit card defaults, because keeping up with the Joneses requires plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                Hallelujah!
                                Amen, brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X