Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
    this is awesome.
    Pretty popular quote from Seneca(?), a Roman philosopher from about 100 a.d.

I agree with some of it, but over the past 2000 years, some things have changed. Christianity was barely even in it's infancy, and Muhammed wasn't even around yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      Pretty popular quote from Seneca(?), a Roman philosopher from about 100 a.d.

I agree with some of it, but over the past 2000 years, some things have changed. Christianity was barely even in it's infancy.
      Can you imagine that, a Roman governmental insider having such disdain for religions that mocked Roman authority LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Can you imagine that, a Roman governmental insider having such disdain for religions that mocked Roman authority LOL.
        I could be wrong about the date(s), but I feel the same way. Folks need to consider the sources of some of the horseshit that gets quoted. Hitler and Stalin said some really cool stuff, too!:wink1:

Comment

I could be wrong about the date(s), but I feel the same way. Folks need to consider the sources of some of the horseshit that gets quoted. Hitler and Stalin said some really cool stuff, too!:wink1:
          Dr. Dave quoted Seneca and didn't even bother to give him credit....that's called plagiarism where I come from.

Comment

I agree with some of it, but over the past 2000 years, some things have changed. Christianity was barely even in it's infancy, and Muhammed wasn't even around yet.
            true. but even the most ancient cultures had some form of religion prior to islam and christianity.

I always liked the Norse mythology, as well as the greek and roman gods. Theyre myths now, but back in the day people believed them just as much as people believe their bibles and korans now.

maybe in another couple thousand years (if people make it that long) people will look back on this time and laugh at the myths people believe in now.
            2011 Mustang GT
            sigpic

Comment

Few are as obsessed with religion as those who profess to not believe in it.
              So true lol. You'd think they wouldn't ever even utter a word about it, they'd care so little. Kind of like me and sports.

Comment

Few are as obsessed with religion as those who profess to not believe in it.
                Helluva quote!

Comment

Working...
                X