Here you go you dumbs$%&#@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    He would if it meant the people would abandon all of the rules set forth by God.

Who cares if people love you if they wont obey you?

He goes from genocide and mass murder to turn the other cheek?
    He made several covenants with us. The first ones being that we more or less earned our salvation by our obedience and/or works. Those had to come first to show that we are not capable of determining our place with Him since we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus is the last covenant. Through Him and His actions alone can we be found worthy to enter the Kingdom of God. He is the only way. Nothing we can do can justify our righteousness. It would be silly to think otherwise.

The Old Testament shows us our progression With our relationship with Him and that no matter what "deal" we try to make, as long as we are a part of determining our eternal existence, we are doomed for failure.

Jesus not only came to save us, but He also came to show us how to live.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^
      Agreed.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I'm not an authoritative source, I can't debunk anything, and unless any of you other geniuses are astrophysicists, yall can't prove/disprove shit either. That's why I typically defer to those who ARE authoritative sources.
      I do not see anyone in here who states they believe in God trying to debunk, but rather state they believe in God through faith. It is your buddies attempting to do so while you ride along on their coattails. Perhaps you have finally learned after the several times you've been called out on your claims and you suddenly go on quiet time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        ^^^^^^^
        Agreed.

I do not see anyone in here who states they believe in God trying to debunk, but rather state they believe in God through faith. It is your buddies attempting to do so while you ride along on their coattails. Perhaps you have finally learned after the several times you've been called out on your claims and you suddenly go on quiet time.
        Best I recall, every time I've been asked for evidence on a claim I've made, I've provided it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
          He made several covenants with us. The first ones being that we more or less earned our salvation by our obedience and/or works. Those had to come first to show that we are not capable of determining our place with Him since we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus is the last covenant. Through Him and His actions alone can we be found worthy to enter the Kingdom of God. He is the only way. Nothing we can do can justify our righteousness. It would be silly to think otherwise.

The Old Testament shows us our progression With our relationship with Him and that no matter what "deal" we try to make, as long as we are a part of determining our eternal existence, we are doomed for failure.

Jesus not only came to save us, but He also came to show us how to live.
          If what you are saying is true, then why is church attendance way down? One would think that if it is true, that there wouldnt be enough churches to hold everyone, not what you have now where a few megachurches are thriving, and many smaller ones are having to consolidate or close due to declining attentance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
            If what you are saying is true, then why is church attendance way down? One would think that if it is true, that there wouldnt be enough churches to hold everyone, not what you have now where a few megachurches are thriving, and many smaller ones are having to consolidate or close due to declining attentance.
            I haven't noticed attendance down. Either way, it's up to the person to believe, no matter what the deal is. Does a low attendance mean it's not true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              You're going to hell. Or Detroit to listen to Obama speak about income inequality for 12 hours. Your choice.
              Ive been to Detroit... It wasnt all that bad

Hell other the otherhand is having a nice sunny sunday after some rather sh*tty weather wanting to mow grass, wax the mustang, BBQ, enjoy a day off, etc. Only to have 3 different people from 3 different churches come and interrupt me to tell me what level of Hell I`m going to for not attending their church.

You might enjoy that though, so YMMV.

Comment

• Do you believe God is all powerful and all knowing?

Comment

Do you believe God is all powerful and all knowing?
                  Duh...

Comment

Ive been to Detroit... It wasnt all that bad

Hell other the otherhand is having a nice sunny sunday after some rather sh*tty weather wanting to mow grass, wax the mustang, BBQ, enjoy a day off, etc. Only to have 3 different people from 3 different churches come and interrupt me to tell me what level of Hell I`m going to for not attending their church.

You might enjoy that though, so YMMV.
                    That didn't happen.

Comment

I haven't noticed attendance down. Either way, it's up to the person to believe, no matter what the deal is. Does a low attendance mean it's not true?
                      It might be your particular church is doing ok, but overall attendance is down. Very simple to research.

In America, most people identify as Christian, but 75-80% do not attend regularly- or in many cases a regular church.

What you end up with is people saying they are something, when the way they are voting with their feet tells another story.

The average chruch in America looks like this:

Roughly 2/3 of people on the membership list DO NOT attend regulary.

Of the 1/3 that DO attend... Roughly half dont tithe.

The vast majority of the people showing up for service are women.

Half of the couples in the Church... The Husband only attends semi-regularly

Most kids that are raised in the church leave it the minute they leave home, and unlike in the past where they came back after getting married and having a family.... They arent...Or not getting married at all.

Single people are shunned in most churches - except in the larger ones, that have a singles ministry. These are the ones that actually are thriving right now.

So if 2/3 of people that claim membership in the average church seldom go, and only half of the 1/3 that do show up tithe. Compared to how it was in the past how can you make the case that this religion is not in decline in much the same way Greek Mythology was around the time Constantine converted to mythology?

I say the hard evidence shows above that people are walking away from a message they no longer find believable. Most wont admit to it though.

Comment

It might be your particular church is doing ok, but overall attendance is down. Very simple to research.

In America, most people identify as Christian, but 75-80% do not attend regularly- or in many cases a regular church.

What you end up with is people saying they are something, when the way they are voting with their feet tells another story.

The average chruch in America looks like this:

Roughly 2/3 of people on the membership list DO NOT attend regulary.

Of the 1/3 that DO attend... Roughly half dont tithe.

The vast majority of the people showing up for service are women.

Half of the couples in the Church... The Husband only attends semi-regularly

Most kids that are raised in the church leave it the minute they leave home, and unlike in the past where they came back after getting married and having a family.... They arent...Or not getting married at all.

Single people are shunned in most churches - except in the larger ones, that have a singles ministry. These are the ones that actually are thriving right now.

So if 2/3 of people that claim membership in the average church seldom go, and only half of the 1/3 that do show up tithe. Compared to how it was in the past how can you make the case that this religion is not in decline in much the same way Greek Mythology was around the time Constantine converted to mythology?

I say the hard evidence shows above that people are walking away from a message they no longer find believable. Most ( like myself ) wont admit to it though.
                        So again... does that make it untrue? You're really good about beating around the bushes and even better at being passive agressive. Just answer the dang question.

Comment

That didn't happen.
                          Oh yes it did!

Comment

Duh...
                            So what's the point? If he knows the outcome what is the point of any of this?

Comment

Oh yes it did!
                              K

Comment

So what's the point? If he knows the outcome what is the point of any of this?
                                Really?

Comment

Working...
                                X