Here you go you dumbs$%&#@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
    So again... does that make it untrue? You're really good about beating around the bushes and even better at being passive agressive. Just answer the dang question.
    Yes it does prove it untrue.

If it was... There would not be the decline you are seeing

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
      Yes it does prove it untrue.

If it was... There would not be the decline you are seeing
      Your "logic" is nonsensical.

Comment

Your "logic" is nonsensical.
        So you are saying that despite all the facts showing that Christianity is in serious decline today ( and for the forseable future ) is irrelevant because the message is true?

It sounds more like the Titanic already hit the iceburg, and people have realised the number of lifeboats left is a very small number.

PS. Please dont confuse passive aggressive with someone trying to have an actual conversation with you.

Comment

So you are saying that despite all the facts showing that Christianity is in serious decline today ( and for the forseable future ) is irrelevant because the message is true?

It sounds more like the Titanic already hit the iceburg, and people have realised the number of lifeboats left is a very small number.

PS. Please dont confuse passive aggressive with someone trying to have an actual conversation with you.
          No, I'm referring your passive agressiveness to a lot of what you're spewing on this site since your arrival (possibly a former run-off returning with an alias).

I still don't understand the correlation between the message being true or not simply because of the amount of believers. I guess it would have made it true at one point, but not the other? Please!

Your Titanic comparison is equally nonsensical. I'm not sure if I'm discussing this with a person mentally equipped to handle this discussion. No offense, but I just think you're either not all there or don't have the capacity of really understanding what is being discussed.

Comment

No, I'm referring your passive agressiveness to a lot of what you're spewing on this site since your arrival (possibly a former run-off returning with an alias).

I still don't understand the correlation between the message being true or not simply because of the amount of believers. I guess it would have made it true at one point, but not the other? Please!

Your Titanic comparison is equally nonsensical. I'm not sure if I'm discussing this with a person mentally equipped to handle this discussion. No offense, but I just think you're either not all there or don't have the capacity of really understanding what is being discussed.
            No, I am not a former run off. This is my first time on here.

If Christianity is true, then people wouldnt be saying they believe in it, then running away from it as documented in the decline of attendance as compared to 25, 50, or even 100 years ago. Disagree with that all you want, but that decline is a provable fact. I`m sorry, you cant tell me that a religion is correct ( or real ) when roughly 2/3 of the people claiming it fail to show for any service when the Bible gives specific instruction to not forsake the assembly. Then half of the remaining 1/3 that does show never tithes as instructed.

No offense taken, this is the internet and sometimes that causes misunderstandings. You`re free to think that, and I`m free to think what I choose of you. We`re both adults and can agree to disagree.

Comment

• So, a decline in the number of believers makes the message untrue, then explain the booming number of believers after Christ's death and resurrection. It must have been true back then (by your logic).

Comment

So, a decline in the number of believers makes the message untrue, then explain the booming number of believers after Christ's death and resurrection. It must have been true back then (by your logic).
                Booming numbers? You do realise that was a local phenomenon at best? I dont recall seeing any evidence of Christianity being widespread in the known places such as India, China, or even in the unknown Americas in that timeframe ( Unless you believe the book of Mormon ). That all came later, and often at the end of a gun or sword in those places

Christianity offered people at the time something that wasnt offerable to them... Hope. That was a time when Kings, Queens, Emporers, etc were considered dieties that were to be worshiped, and the common man`s sole purpose in life was to worship them ( in addition to the Gods ) and to live solely for the the ruler`s pleasure & purpose.

Life for most then offered no meaning or purpose for them. Chrisitianty came along and spread the message that YOU mattered. Thus why many common people flocked to it. However, that was limited only to those areas in which Christianity spread along the early trade routes. The early church also did LOTs of good work until it was decided that the only message that mattered was the one that profited the one in Rome.

Christianity did have a rise to it during the timeframe you speak of, but it was limited, and not as widely accepted by the population of the Roman Empire as a whole for sometime.

Comment

No, I am not a former run off. This is my first time on here.

If Christianity is true, then people wouldnt be saying they believe in it, then running away from it as documented in the decline of attendance as compared to 25, 50, or even 100 years ago. Disagree with that all you want, but that decline is a provable fact. I`m sorry, you cant tell me that a religion is correct ( or real ) when roughly 2/3 of the people claiming it fail to show for any service when the Bible gives specific instruction to not forsake the assembly. Then half of the remaining 1/3 that does show never tithes as instructed.

No offense taken, this is the internet and sometimes that causes misunderstandings. You`re free to think that, and I`m free to think what I choose of you. We`re both adults and can agree to disagree.
                  I think you're misunderstanding. Where 2 or more are gathered together. If there's 2? You're golden. The person is the church, not the building. If you spend your time studying, you're fine. A relationship with God is like any other relationship. Going out and telling others about it is peachy, but the real part is communicating.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    I think you're misunderstanding. Where 2 or more are gathered together. If there's 2? You're golden. The person is the church, not the building. If you spend your time studying, you're fine. A relationship with God is like any other relationship. Going out and telling others about it is peachy, but the real part is communicating.
                    While I`m sure we both agree that there are indeed people that practice that due to being unable to physically attend a service ( i.e. military, truck drivers, etc ) and do exactly what you are saying. The vast majority are not. This is a trend that is gaining steam, not slowing down. The leaders of all denominations are very worried about this.

Hebrews 10:25 is quite clear on the subject as to Christians and the fellowship of the meeting.

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Again, Christianity is in a decline due to the modern world finding it irrelevant to its needs.

Comment

While I`m sure we both agree that there are indeed people that practice that due to being unable to physically attend a service ( i.e. military, truck drivers, etc ) and do exactly what you are saying. The vast majority are not. This is a trend that is gaining steam, not slowing down. The leaders of all denominations are very worried about this.

Hebrews 10:25 is quite clear on the subject as to Christians and the fellowship of the meeting.

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Again, Christianity is in a decline due to the modern world finding it irrelevant to its needs.
                      It was predicted you know...

Comment

• Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
                        It was predicted you know...
                        What? A great apostosy? There is a falling away? Even though the Bible speaks of it, the lower attendance numbers must validate that it's all a big lie. Attendance numbers don't lie, gospels do!

Comment

Booming numbers? You do realise that was a local phenomenon at best? I dont recall seeing any evidence of Christianity being widespread in the known places such as India, China, or even in the unknown Americas in that timeframe ( Unless you believe the book of Mormon ). That all came later, and often at the end of a gun or sword in those places

Christianity offered people at the time something that wasnt offerable to them... Hope. That was a time when Kings, Queens, Emporers, etc were considered dieties that were to be worshiped, and the common man`s sole purpose in life was to worship them ( in addition to the Gods ) and to live solely for the the ruler`s pleasure & purpose.

Life for most then offered no meaning or purpose for them. Chrisitianty came along and spread the message that YOU mattered. Thus why many common people flocked to it. However, that was limited only to those areas in which Christianity spread along the early trade routes. The early church also did LOTs of good work until it was decided that the only message that mattered was the one that profited the one in Rome.

Christianity did have a rise to it during the timeframe you speak of, but it was limited, and not as widely accepted by the population of the Roman Empire as a whole for sometime.
                          What was a local phenomenon?

Christanity spread through the known world a lot quicker and broader than you're thinking. Once again, the more you talk, the more I'm thinking that you're either trolling or there's not enough spaghetti in the bowl to make a full meal. I still think your logic is skewed by thinking that the number of believers is relevant to the authenticity of the Bible's content.

Comment

• Waiting for Maddhattter in 3, 2...

Comment

• Sorry, hattt. I tried to wait up for you. I'll read up on whatever you wrote later. 30+ minutes for your first post is too long for my ADD.

Comment

What was a local phenomenon?

Christanity spread through the known world a lot quicker and broader than you're thinking. Once again, the more you talk, the more I'm thinking that you're either trolling or there's not enough spaghetti in the bowl to make a full meal. I still think your logic is skewed by thinking that the number of believers is relevant to the authenticity of the Bible's content.
                                I will agree with the bolded part only. What Mongoose just did is make an argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy. Something can be true, untrue or false regardless of how many people believe it. I will agree with Mongoose that declining church attendance can mean that more and more people are not "needing" the church, but that doesn't speak to their beliefs. People can believe something but not engage in supporting the social structure that is associated.

Comment

Working...
                                X