SCOTUS Rules Same Sex Marriage is legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    In all honesty though, I'm not angry. I just don't get why if something doesn't go somebodies way, that person then thinks that they're being attacked. Everybody has gotten so defensive over the past decade it seems.
    Two way street. Your calling a Christian a "bigot" because they do not support gay marriage is a perfect example. The chic-fil-a debacle is another.
    Can I get a spot, breh?

Comment

Haven't worked in a gym in nearly three years big guy. You also failed to answer my question of what rights you've lost this week and stoop to insults because you can't find any evidence of worth to base your side of the issue on. Good job dude. At least we all know a little more about you now.
      Oh I failed to notice the success you have obviously made of yourself. I wonder why?

Are you now criticizing me for being insulting after you started down that path? Sounds about right for you, now cry wolf bitch. You just illustrate what is wrong with this country today. There is no one more bigoted against ideas, more embracing of stereotypes and with more double standards than the modern American liberal.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        Two way street. Your calling a Christian a "bigot" because they do not support gay marriage is a perfect example. The chic-fil-a debacle is another.
        Can I get a spot, breh?
        Yeah. I'm calling a christian a bigot. Look up the definition. It fits. I guess I wouldalso be a bigot though. Although I don't try and force my beliefs upon other people. Just discuss my side of the argument.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          There is no one more bigoted against ideas, more embracing of stereotypes and with more double standards than the modern American liberal.

Comment

Yeah. I'm calling a christian a bigot. Look up the definition. It fits. I guess I wouldalso be a bigot though. Although I don't try and force my beliefs upon other people. Just discuss my side of the argument.
            Some Christians do, some don't. Anyone stating all Christians force their beliefs on you is ignorant. With your line of thinking everyone in existence is a bigot, kind of like how popular it is these days to call people racists if they do not agree with a certain line of thinking or action.

Comment

And BAM, there ya go. Two gays suing a church because they won't host their wedding.. Tis is in the UK, but will be here soon enough. This is just wrong.
              A same-sex couple in the U.K. have decided to take legal action in forcing their church to perform their marriage, stating they want "A big lavish ceremony."

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Religious freedom is now up in the air. How soon until Christian sernment starts tearing down churches who believe homosexuality is a sin? I would love to find any Christian that believes gay is ok, to find such passages in the Bible.

html[/url]
                Im a Christian and don't have a problem with gays, my cousin is gay. Who are we, as Christians, to jjudge how someone else sins. We are not to judge others, but according to the bible love everyone as they self... Love the sinner hate the sin.

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                Different deal. and NO. The bible is clear on the marriage thing. I respect someones religion. I don't respect a racist.
                It's also very clear on a lot of other sins, however I find it funny no one gets all up in arms about adultery, thievery, divorce, etc... Yet Tom and Harrywant to marry and ythe rapture is coming.

One thing to sin. Another to condone it and allow it to be repeatable. If you're Christian, the Bible is very clear on it stance with homosexuality. To ignore that and say let's let them be married is hypocritical.
                Bible is clear on a ton of things, but for some reasons you holier than thou "christians" go all ape shit over gay marriage.

Get over yourself and if two people want to get married it was no effect on your life.
                Don't sweat the small stuff bro, you'll never get out of here alive.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  And BAM, there ya go. Two gays suing a church because they won't host their wedding.. Tis is in the UK, but will be here soon enough. This is just wrong.
                  http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/mi...-hold-wedding/
                  Agreed there. Just as two guys or girls want to get married and shouldn't be Cockblocked/Sockblocked by not being able to marry, churches should not be forced to do the marrying.

Freedom for all, or freedom for none.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                    Bible is clear on a ton of things.
                    Pretty clear on marriage too.

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
                    Matthew 19:4-5

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      Pretty clear on marriage too.

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
                      Matthew 19:4-5
                      Conveniently the Constitution states the church and State are to be separated.
                      This isnt\shouldnt be a religious issue when it pertains to a law of the land. Seeing as how everyone is entitled to their religious freedom in our country.

Comment

• This thread just helps to confirm my suspicion that all religious people are at least some level of crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                          Im a Christian and don't have a problem with gays, my cousin is gay. Who are we, as Christians, to jjudge how someone else sins. We are not to judge others, but according to the bible love everyone as they self... Love the sinner hate the sin.
                          Right, hate the sin, love the sinner. You don't condone the sin. Jesus didn't tell the prostitute to go back out and keep whoring herself, did he? You, as a Christian, by accepting gays to marry, are condoning a sin. You can still love your cousins. Never said you shouldn't do that. Who said anything about judging? If you know something is wrong, you don't do it and don't encourage others to do it. Simple.

It's also very clear on a lot of other sins, however I find it funny no one gets all up in arms about adultery, thievery, divorce, etc... Yet Tom and Harrywant to marry and ythe rapture is coming.
                          We have laws on theft. And yes, people do get worked up on adultery and divorce. Why do you think so many try to save marriages? And why is it so accepting by society when the cheater loses everything in a divorce? Our society has "accepted" adultery, but we certainly cheer when a person leaves the sinner. :P

Bible is clear on a ton of things, but for some reasons you holier than thou "christians" go all ape shit over gay marriage.

Get over yourself and if two people want to get married it was no effect on your life.
                          Don't sweat the small stuff bro, you'll never get out of here alive.
                          I'll argue the "no affect on my life". We're watching the moral decay of our country, IMO. We'll see if there's impact of this on non-gay believing congregations. Hopefully not, but with the all out war on the Christian faith, I doubt it.

Don't worry, I still sleep well at night. By all means, I'm not perfect, but it also doesn't mean I have to like what I see around me that goes against my faith.
                          Last edited by GhostTX; 06-29-2015, 07:25 AM. Reason: Corrected sin/sinner content
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                            http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/mi...-hold-wedding/
                            Your "BAM!" moment happened over a year ago.
                            Right, love the sin, hate the sinner.
                            Oh yeah?
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                              Conveniently the Constitution states the church and State are to be separated.
                              This isnt\shouldnt be a religious issue when it pertains to a law of the land. Seeing as how everyone is entitled to their religious freedom in our country.
                              Where does the constitution state that?
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• I don't agree with gay anything, but I don't agree in making laws for or against it either. Just as we should leave it to individuals to select their own mate, we should leave it to individuals to support, reject or completely ignore the marriage (straight or gay). If a company doesn't want to service the ceremony, fine, it's their business to lose. If a church doesn't want to host it, fine, it's their beliefs to hold.

Who the fuck cares?!?!

Media and government get shit like this stirring you people up all the fucking time. Bigger things get by with less ease while the masses argue over bull shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X