No announcement yet.

Muslim Converts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, Denny. These venues are tough to communicate and it's hard to break through the 'holier than thou' mindset that many people misperceive (or rightly perceive in some cases) as Christians having.

I know I'm a complete mess apart from Christ and every day is a challenge even with Christ. I'm going through the book of Revelation this year in Bible Study Fellowship https://www.bsfinternational.org/

Man, this book (last book of the Bible) definitely brings everything full circle.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      I will address this, however...

The beauty of my relationship with God is that it is based on faith. My faith has opened my eyes to something greater than a simple visual confirmation. God could have just made Himself evident to all of us. Hell, He could have made all of us just bow down and worship Him. The whole reason He even created us, in His image, mind you, was because He wanted something that He couldn't simply create. The faith, love and hope we offer to Him based on a supernatural understanding of what He wants. We also please Him through our obedience, sacrifice and compassion for all the He has created.

Look man, Jesus didn't come to just save us, He also came to show us how to live. I am doing His Message a terrible disservice with these short, choppy posts, but let me try to break it down. Jesus' teachings in one sentence:

Love God, love yourself and love others.

Spread God's Love and His Message. That's all any of our roles should be. None of that reflects the teachings of Islam. If God wanted forced submission, He could get it done Himself without those hadji warriors. Islam teaches that Jesus was a prophet. They also teach that their prophets don't lie. Jesus claimed to be the Son of God. Islam does not see it that way. So, if He doesn't lie, according to their teachings, then what?
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        at around 40 Muhammad went bat shit crazy and was forced out . he then went into the god told me crap. sound familiar . everything about him is revenge . what really pisses off arabs is they were all jews or cristians in the beginning .
        you have to remember we're dealing with people who are half a bubble off to start with.
        I heard he bought a Corvette around that time too

Comment

Denny, I didn't question your relationship or belief in Jesus. I've read most holy books from cover to cover including Eastern religions. I even read the time life series on religion (was great; a lot better than the shit on the internet these days).

Your explanation of Jesus follows along with what I read in the Bible quite well. It doesn't mesh with Islam in any way as you mention in your last paragraph. So why would you assume that Jesus and Muhammad followed the same god given that huge discrepancy?

You guys may disagree with forever, but he is on the right track when it comes to Muhammad.

If you do the digging you can find that all of today's religions are a mix of religions that predate Abraham, Jesus or Muhammad by a lot. You can find ancient references to trinities worshiped by pagans Cannanites and Arabs etc. These ideas were just incorporated into newer religions to gain support and followers. Muhammad was struggling to gain followers until he started putting people to the sword namely the elderly, women and children.

And and Lantirn's response that no one is allowed to study the rock.... priceless. You know why it's so priceless? Imagine if the world studied it and then realized your god is nothing but a piece of volcanic rock, most likely obsidian. I can probably find a bigger prettier piece of obsidian hence a bigger more powerful god then..... no wonder no one wants to study the rock too much. Just remember this all started out because Muhammad picked a favorite rock out of all the rocks in the temple.

The Bible, Quran, and ancient pagan writings all write about rock altars.....

If any of these "prophets" were around today talking all crazy and spouting off about how they are the "one" true messenger of god, we'd probably lock them up and for good reason. As a matter of fact I've probably seen a few prophets drunk on 6th street in Austin. The great news is that they weren't fooling anyone like the prophets of old did.

The best religious text in my opinion is the Dao de Jing. It honestly reads a lot like the new testament. It's a great summary of one how one should behave and act towards others and be a good citizen of the world. The main difference between it the Bible and the Quran though is that you aren't implored to kill everyone that disagrees with your values. That's always been my main bone of contention with the Old Testament and Islam. Really? The religion of love is going to kill me or damn me to eternal torment if I don't accept your view? Well that's about the most fucked up decision and value system anyone could create. That's why it has to be declared a "religion" because it's totally fucking illogical. That's why it requires a huge blind push of the "I believe" button dismissed as "faith."

Well I'm too old now, too cynical, and I see far too much fucked up shit going on in the name of religion to buy into the bullshit. At least Santa isn't killing mother fuckers just 'cuz. Santa Claus mother fuckin' Akhabar baby!

Comment

On a scale of 1-Zagat please rank all of the religious books you have read, you can use Michelin stars if you like or give them James Beard nominations.

Comment

"Santa" is known for popping a Heretic across the face though...
              Last edited by thomasblively; 12-17-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Denny, I didn't question your relationship or belief in Jesus. I've read most holy books from cover to cover including Eastern religions. I even read the time life series on religion (was great; a lot better than the shit on the internet these days).

Your explanation of Jesus follows along with what I read in the Bible quite well. It doesn't mesh with Islam in any way as you mention in your last paragraph. So why would you assume that Jesus and Muhammad followed the same god given that huge discrepancy?

You guys may disagree with forever, but he is on the right track when it comes to Muhammad.

If you do the digging you can find that all of today's religions are a mix of religions that predate Abraham, Jesus or Muhammad by a lot. You can find ancient references to trinities worshiped by pagans Cannanites and Arabs etc. These ideas were just incorporated into newer religions to gain support and followers. Muhammad was struggling to gain followers until he started putting people to the sword namely the elderly, women and children.

And and Lantirn's response that no one is allowed to study the rock.... priceless. You know why it's so priceless? Imagine if the world studied it and then realized your god is nothing but a piece of volcanic rock, most likely obsidian. I can probably find a bigger prettier piece of obsidian hence a bigger more powerful god then..... no wonder no one wants to study the rock too much. Just remember this all started out because Muhammad picked a favorite rock out of all the rocks in the temple.

If any of these "prophets" were around today talking all crazy and spouting off about how they are the "one" true messenger of god, we'd probably lock them up and for good reason. As a matter of fact I've probably seen a few prophets drunk on 6th street in Austin. The great news is that they weren't fooling anyone like the prophets of old did.

The best religious text in my opinion is the Dao de Jing. It honestly reads a lot like the new testament. It's a great summary of one how one should behave and act towards others and be a good citizen of the world. The main difference between it the Bible and the Quran though is that you aren't implored to kill everyone that disagrees with your values. That's always been my main bone of contention with the Old Testament and Islam. Really? The religion of love is going to kill me or damn me to eternal torment if I don't accept your view? Well that's about the most fucked up decision and value system anyone could create. That's why it has to be declared a "religion" because it's totally fucking illogical. That's why it requires a huge blind push of the "I believe" button dismissed as "faith."

Well I'm too old now, too cynical, and I see far too much fucked up shit going on in the name of religion to buy into the bullshit. At least Santa isn't killing mother fuckers just 'cuz. Santa Claus mother fuckin' Akhabar baby!
                At least this post is better thought out than that last one. Look, I am agnostic and we probably would agree a great deal on religion overall by this last post. I too find other religions interesting and I enjoy talking to people who believe different things to understand their religion. While I don't defend most of Islam, I found my stay in Saudi very educational and I learned alot about their interpretation of it, while I know little about say Iran's interpretation or Jeddah, for instance. My point is, before you get on the Islam bashing bandwagon and start spewing nonsense, just do some research. That original post sounded like crap you read from Bubba's post on the internet somewhere. Now I am not saying some sects of Islam don't believe weird shit, but not all of them do. For instance the Saudi's believe Allah lives in Saudi and not the moon. A bit of research and more thougbt out posts, like this one, can help really get a point across.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

You gonna join that list, rodney ol boy?
                  WH

Comment

who knows? I was raised in a christian church, but really only go any more to appease to my mom, and when i feel the need to get out of the house early on a sunday. I am a strong believer that there *is* a god, but my belief is more holistic and natural in approach.

(I'll expand on that. I often times pray, but I have come to realize that when i truly pray for the outcome of things, or for the well being of a loved one, that I am truly just talking to my most-inner self. ((yes there are multiples up here)). As i have always understood, God is not a physical person to pray to, but a spirit within ones self.

Admittedly, I have read the entire bible, but i am not one to go around memorizing quotes and passages; but i hope you and that chick sc281 will take note that this is officially "trolling for content". I actually learned something in here, i hope you did too. Thanks for those who kept it on topic, or did their best to reel it back into the original topic.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

Muuuuch better way to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        who knows?
                        So there is some chance? Why would you consider it?

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        "trolling for content"
                        I was actually asking so I could hear the perspective of someone who is fine with letting them all in, even knowing their "convert or die" stance.
                        WH

Comment

Muzlim if i join do i get a sign on bonus

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            Muzlim if i join do i get a sign on bonus
                            Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              So there is some chance? Why would you consider it?

I was actually asking so I could hear the perspective of someone who is fine with letting them all in, even knowing their "convert or die" stance.

I never get any answers to the hard questions.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X