No announcement yet.

WIKILEAKS PODESTA EMAILS- Clinton Leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WikiLeaks series on deals involving Hillary Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta. Mr Podesta is a long-term associate of the Clintons and was President Bill Clinton's Chief of Staff from 1998 until 2001. Mr Podesta also owns the Podesta Group with his brother Tony, a major lobbying firm and is the Chair of the Center for American Progress (CAP), a Washington DC-based think tank.

Comment

• https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43962

Here's one that worries me about HRC.

DEATH PENALTY 19 states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. 31 states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people have been on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have been executed in the U.S. That’s 11% of Americans who were sentenced to die, but later exonerated and freed. Should Ohio and the 30 other states join the current list and abolish the death penalty? Sent from Donna's I Pad.

Follow me on twitter @donnabrazile

Comment

• From: jbenenson@bsgco.com To: Jim.Margolis@gmmb.com Definitely Sent from my iPhone On Mar 4 2015 at 8 01 PM Margolis Jim Jim.Margolis gmmb.com wrote Yes. If there is a release of the 55K are there others that are not being released? On 3 4 15 7 25 PM Jennifer Palmier I jennifer.m.palmieri g ...

"If there is a release of the 55k (emails), are there others that are not being released?"

"Definitely"

Comment

• BREAKING: Obama Was Notified Six Different Times When Hillary Changed Email Address – Lied to Press

But didn't know about it until he saw it on the news.

Comment

• Here's my question about it all. Why is there not a government server that is managed by an agency, similar to any business in the country?

When you're elected/appointed you are given a .gov address that is managed and maintained by the government agency. Why does each individual person need to manage their own server? This way there is oversight and things are classified/maintained to an acceptable security level.

Maybe I just don't fully grasp this whole debacle.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              Here's my question about it all. Why is there not a government server that is managed by an agency, similar to any business in the country?

When you're elected/appointed you are given a .gov address that is managed and maintained by the government agency. Why does each individual person need to manage their own server? This way there is oversight and things are classified/maintained to an acceptable security level.

There IS that system in place... it was "more convenient" for her to use personal stuff as it's not something that the public can see from a FOIA request. Also it makes it easier for her to do all her dirty work without it being official record. She knowingly opted NOT to use the system in place and took it upon herself to break the law and do what she did.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Here's my question about it all. Why is there not a government server that is managed by an agency, similar to any business in the country?

There is a .gov server. She decided to do her own thing for "convenience", it is not the "norm" per se, for it to be done that way.

That is the whole trouble of the matter.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• if you were around during bills early days you would not even be surprised. these slimeballs have screwed and tattooed people from ark to washington for 40 years. there is no defending them . period .

Comment

• Comment

• This is the big one folks. It'll literally make people sick to their stomachs when the details come out. Worse than cutting up and harvesting baby parts from the womb and selling them to the highest bidder.

Comment

Her crime wasn't just having a private email address and server.

Hillary intentionally created a non-.gov email system and conducted all of her State Department correspondence over it. This system intentionally bypassed all controls put in place to protect federal records and classified data to avoid FOIA requests, as well as maintain government documents outside of FRA regulations. This nonsecure system was used to handle classified data. Before we get into any further discussion, remember that any classified data found on an un-classified system means a crime has been committed, period. The WikiLeaks revelations have made it clear that Hillary had her State Department records "deleted" when it was politically expedient and while it was under congressional subpoena.

These are all highly illegal.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• 2005 and 2007: The State Department issues computer usage regulations that Clinton will later violate.

In 2005, new State Department regulations state that normal day-to-day activities should be conducted on an authorized computer system, known as an automated information system (AIS). Examples of an AIS include a server and a mobile device.

In 2007, new regulations specify that nondepartmental AISs containing department information must be registered with the department and maintain certain minimum security standards.

In 2016, an internal department investigation will determine that Clinton never registered her private server or mobile devices and thus never had them checked to see if they maintained the required security standards. (US Department of State, 5/25/2016)

November 4, 2005: State Department policy decrees day-to-day operations are to be done on government servers.
                          US State Department headquarters in Washington, DC.

State Department headquarters in Washington, DC. (Credit: AgnosticPreachersKid)

The State Department decrees that “sensitive but unclassified” information should not be transmitted through personal email accounts. It also states, “It is the Department’s general policy that normal day-to-day operations be conducted on an authorized [government server], which has the proper level of security control to provide nonrepudiation, authentication, and encryption, to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the resident information.” (US Department of State, 1/12/2016) (The Washington Post, 3/10/2015)

The department’s regulations also require that “Departing officials must ensure that all record material that they possess is incorporated in the Department’s official files and that all file searches for which they have been tasked have been completed, such as those required to respond to FOIA [Freedom of Information Act], Congressional, or litigation-related document requests. Fines, imprisonment, or both may be imposed for the willful and unlawful removal or destruction of records as stated in the US Criminal Code (e.g., 18 U.S.C., section 2071).” (US Department of State, 8/17/2007)

June 20, 2007: Clinton publicly criticizes the Bush administration’s use of non-governmental email accounts.
                          Clinton talking on June 20, 2007. (Credit: Fox News)

Photo from a video of Clinton campaigning on June 20, 2007. (Credit: Fox News)

While campaigning for president, Clinton says, “Our Constitution is being shredded. We know about the secret wiretaps. We know about secret military tribunals, the secret White House email accounts. […] It’s a stunning record of secrecy and corruption, of cronyism run amok.” (ABC News, 3/6/2015) (The Hill, 3/5/2015)

This is a reference to a scandal that became public earlier in the month, where it was found that White House adviser Karl Rove and other officials had used private email accounts and then deleted all their emails before investigators could get them. (Vox, 3/2/2015) (YouTube Video, 6/20/2007)

2008: The US government publishes rules for email storage.

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) issues Bulletin 2008-05, which states that every government email system is supposed to “permit easy and timely retrieval,” and all work emails are supposed to be permanently preserved. Additionally, in the case of a cabinet secretary, permanent records are to be sent to the department’s Records Service Center “at the end of the Secretary’s tenure or sooner if necessary” for safekeeping. (The Washington Post, 3/27/2016)

Comment

• And the defendant list starts to grow... Chelsea caught up now
                            Last edited by dcs13; 11-04-2016, 05:59 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

• I wonder if Julian Assange will ever be able to walk the streets again without looking over his shoulder every step...

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                There IS that system in place... it was "more convenient" for her to use personal stuff as it's not something that the public can see from a FOIA request. Also it makes it easier for her to do all her dirty work without it being official record. She knowingly opted NOT to use the system in place and took it upon herself to break the law and do what she did.
                                she didnt want to use government servers because that would leave a FOIA trail, and to be able to claim plausible deniability for when secrets are accidently hacked (sold).
                                Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
                                X