Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Ya'll can see the work they did on the front of my house here:

We still have to get through appraisal but it looks like I'm going to go from this: To this We had our home inspection yesterday and we are going to hit the sellers up for a new water heater and some repairs. However I'll be happy to take some cash instead. I'm very capable of making the repairs myself but I

I would use them for the new house, but everything is already in the shade, so there is no need....
    The front of my house is similar to your new one, completely shaded. I like how they look but it just isn't necessary on the east facing windows.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Time for me to contact Lone Star. 2 broken now. Might as well get all 5 replaced now.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Just hit them up now, and got an estimate scheduled.

Comment

Has any one tried just plain old thick curtains. Would these do the same has the panels.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Has any one tried just plain old thick curtains. Would these do the same has the panels.
            I had the curtains in our apartment (west facing windows) for about a year and we just got solar screens on our house. IMO the screens do a better job

My guess is because they block the light before it gets inside your house. The curtains helped us as well, but they do allow the light past the window, which heats up the air and the area around them inside your house.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
              I had the curtains in our apartment (west facing windows) for about a year and we just got solar screens on our house. IMO the screens do a better job

My guess is because they block the light before it gets inside your house. The curtains helped us as well, but they do allow the light past the window, which heats up the air and the area around them inside your house.
              x2 here. The screens allow light through too so you still have a bright room.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

How is the visability for people seeing in? For instance, if I wanted to put them on my back doors would people be able to see in at night?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                  How is the visability for people seeing in? For instance, if I wanted to put them on my back doors would people be able to see in at night?
                  At night yes... During the day you can not see in.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                    yeah i just read that on their website

Comment

Finally got internet at the house, here are before and after's. Done by Lone Star Solar Screens, very happy with the price, service, and results. (For the DFWBallers please excuse my shanty house )

Comment

back from the dead and just in time for the summer

Just now got around to calling Lone Star Solar Screens. They had someone out the next day to measure then delivered and installed the screens 4 days later. For now we went with no grids and only did the east and west sides of the house. I am debating the $700 for the front of the house windows with grids but at least now they are already measured.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Most of my Sun exposure comes from the back o my house but I only have like two Windows hat could be done. Think it's worth getting them done?
                          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                            And keep in mind that at night, you can't see out. So if you think someone is creeping around your place at night, you won't be able to peek out the window.

Comment

Working...
                            X