House progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House progress...

We are all moved in and started renovation work now. Had contractors do a few things, the rest i think we will be doing mostly.

Laundry room before

and after, just to show the color, still have to paint the cabinets white...

Before on breakfast area

and afters

Living before

and afters

Replaced a few rows of decking on the back patio cover

More to come, we have textured the kitchen and should have it finished up paint wise this weekend. Then downstairs will be done.

and some yard work, not finished yet!!!
    but from this...

to this

Comment

Stairway before

stairway after, tore the carpet up, going to stain the stairs, and have an iron railing to use, still have to paint the door, wish the colors were better seen but cell phone pic

Comment

Coming along nicely!

Comment

Curious what you used to paint the wood trim everywhere. Oil or Latex based? Brand?

BTW Love what you have done to modernize and turn that house around. I just sold my house and once I get another sometime in the next 8 months, I would like to find one that has this styling and do the same.

There are a lot of houses in Keller/Grapevine that are older, but could be made to look much better by painting the old ugly wood panels/trim.

I will be showing this thread to my wife to change her mind about older houses on lots of (and I hate neighborhoods)

Do you mind telling me what general area or city this is? I love how much land you have / look of house.

Comment

the trim, oh the trim. what a nightmare that is. It takes about 4 good coats to cover the trim. we are using the expensive Valspar which is latex based to paint it but after we bought 7 gallons of it we were told to use an oil based paint instead on anything stained like that and it would just take 2 coats, like a bear brand, but since we already had this paint we are ENDURING the process. Very pleased with the final products though. Still have a ways to go. We are actually in Louisiana near the Texas line. have 3.5 acres it is a nice little neighborhood. Big lots big houses all very well kept up. ours is only one to have the creek cross through it though

my wife choose all the colors, i actually think she did a great job at that for her first attempt. Just wait till kitchen gets done this weekend(paint anyway) the differance will be astonishing. Will post more pictures this weekend

pss hard to tell but the last picture with the stairway is actually a deep green color going upstairs, will be the same color in the kitchen as well.

Comment

The rest of the yard work, got a lot done actually but this is only picture i took before dark. Rewiried my shop all the way around with new outlets, and installed two large lights.

Comment

Am envious of your trees. How many sqft? Age of the home?
                Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Id consider scrapping off the popcorn cealing

Comment

3100' , built in 84.

We hate the popcorn but think we are going to wait to swap it out at the same time we do the wood flooring. That way all the furniture etc is out of the way and do it all at once.

Comment

From this

To this

Comment

Nice work!
                        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Just paint everywhere so far, about to start on remodeling our half bath, then on to wet bar, then floor, then kitchen, then.....yadda yadda
                          kitchen hard to take pictures in and pink counter tops still do not help much!!

And this....

to this

and this...

Comment

you did good....

Lol the pink counter tops reminds me of my wifes house she was living in when we got together. Pink counter tops, pink country style wall paper with roosters, etc above the cabinets and not to mention the pinkish carpet in house.

So glad we got her out of that place lol

Comment

Where ya live at? Nice property.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X