No announcement yet.

House progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats awsome progress. Great job modernizing the place. Love the property too. Thats exactly what I want, acerage with trees.

Comment

You did a great job updating the 1980's bubble gum pink kitchen to something more modern and comfortable. Any home that puts the word coffee and a coffee cup on the walls is perfect in my books! The only thing that's missing is an outdoor hot tub off the back deck.
      Last edited by Jeremy31; 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM.
      Jeremy from PartSelect

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

good progress!

I think we're actually going to move into the house I bought last May next month!
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I would have scraped the ceilings, I hate popcorn. It's simple and costs nothing, just takes your elbow grease.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              I would have scraped the ceilings, I hate popcorn. It's simple and costs nothing, just takes your elbow grease.
              Just to add...and I think believe that look is getting out dated again, it's hard to match, it's a little more costly to do as well.

I have textured this and that in my old and new home - I just don't care of it anymore.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I did my 2,100 sf house in TX last year. I just knocked down the popcorn with a 3" putty knife. I didn't wet anything, or have to re-tape or texture, anywhere. Finish looked just like the walls, after I painted. The worst part was the cleanup, which wasn't bad because everything was kept dry. A shop vac works wonders.
                Last edited by UserX; 02-25-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Yard progress
                  from this

To this

Then to this

Actually ran out of mulch before we got done, but you get the idea! Now onto the kitchen, can not wait to show you guys what we are doing there!

Comment

what kind of tree is that blooming? Looks good, you have a good eye for landscaping, at least what I like. Clean and simple. My wife likes a fucking hot mess assortment of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      I did my 2,100 sf house in TX last year. I just knocked down the popcorn with a 3" putty knife. I didn't wet anything, or have to re-tape or texture, anywhere. Finish looked just like the walls, after I painted. The worst part was the cleanup, which wasn't bad because everything was kept dry. A shop vac works wonders.
                      Yup, really not that bad. My dad and I did my parents' whole house over the course of a few years going a room at a time. Each time only took a weekend. We strung up a floor covering/tarp about halfway up the walls each time to catch the falling popcorn and then used a scraper attached to a longish broomstick to reach out and over the tarp, and that really cut down on cleanup.

Comment

Nice job! It's more self gratifying when you do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                          what kind of tree is that blooming?
                          Crepe myrtle.

Comment

Well here we go with another crazy idea. We enjoy unique, and i think this is beyond that!

We have been fighting ideas on what to do with the stairs, then she heard about paper mache as flooring, i thought she was crazy...but here we went.....

started here

Went to this just because carpet sucked

Here is paper down

Here is stain on paper, so you can see difference

Will get the good camera out once we are done and have our newly powder coated rail back on also. Still have a coat of poly to go and the steps will be done.

Comment

Stairs look good. I would have used some wood filler/caulking on some of those gaps, or added some trim before painting though.

Comment

Yea they are not done yet. We are putting a piece of trim up on each step corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X