Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Thanks to All For One Roofing (mikec)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thanks to All For One Roofing (mikec)

Well after hit n miss with a couple roofing company's and a no call back from one of the so called biggest roofing company's in the Dallas area, I contacted Mike. (board member)
    From start to finish Mike was there to oversee the job, not just shoot a quote, show up in the morning, leave, then come back when done like I've seen throughout our neighborhood.
    Had a top notch crew that has been together for 12 years and you could tell.

Thing that stood out, is his main concern was quality and for us to be happy with the roof.
    They started on Fri. was finished by Sat. afternoon.
    I am very picky and we had a small concern with a little of the new flashing showing due to the vinyl siding being cut too short and not meeting with the roof.
    Not knowing it was really just a small issue and all that was needed was a little paint on the new flashing, I overly expressed our concerns Sat. night. I really do feel bad for putting undo stress on Mike, sorry Mike.
    Mike told me to rest easy and that he would do everything he could to make sure we were happy.
    Mike came out and had his lead crew guy meet him here Sun. at 3:30 and both were up there taking care of our concerns and making sure we were happy.
    That meant a lot!
    Absolutely pleased and happy with the roof and Mike's going above the norm to make sure we were happy.
    I just recommended him to my neighbor and would to anyone needing his service. And just to add, Mike beat all other quote's significantly and the work, quality, and service was top notch.
    Mike's good people, genuine, very professional and represents his company well.

And just to let people know. His crew was top notch and not thrown together. They have been together for over 12 years and it showed, everyone had a part, did their part and not a lot of talking at all. Pretty cool to watch really.
    It was nice to see the owner of a roofing company, that has been around and seen a lot of new roofs, still stand back after and admire a new roof and a great job done.

Thanks again Mike.

Ok here's a few pics. We went with GAF Timberline HD Hickory with Z-Ridge. If I get up there I wil get more pics, from the ground it's hard to get an overall shot.

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

sweet! I may need to PM him about something I need done.

Comment

I had the same experience. Mike is good people.

Comment

Which Mike (we have a few)....got scammed a few years back and want to deal with a straight shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
          Which Mike (we have a few)....got scammed a few years back and want to deal with a straight shooter.
          It says in the title Mikec

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            It says in the title Mikec
            Fuck.......I facepalm myself

Comment

I think Mike is great guy. I don't care what anybody says about him. Even if it is true.

Comment

Thank you Marc! I appreciate the heck out of you taking the time to post this, and again, if any other issues arise just call me and I'll be out to take care of it as fast as possible. And the pics look great! Still digging the way that Z-Ridge pops...

Thank you as well MikeB! Even though it's been a while since we did yours I'll still be there if anything arises as well...

And get back to work William! lol
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Looks good from the pictures.

mikec - Do you have any experience in solar roofing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    Looks good from the pictures.

mikec - Do you have any experience in solar roofing?

It did turn out really well. Love the ridge cap and how it makes the shingle selection 'pop'...

On the solar roofing, what type are you interested in, and how large an array? There are several types out there and, depending on what you are interested, only one or two will work on the "average" home. By this, unless your home is constructed to support the weight of concrete tile we could not install the 'under tile' type. The array question pertains to the 'solar powered shingle' type, which we can do. Below is a link on this last type.

www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      It did turn out really well. Love the ridge cap and how it makes the shingle selection 'pop'...

On the solar roofing, what type are you interested in, and how large an array? There are several types out there and, depending on what you are interested, only one or two will work on the "average" home. By this, unless your home is constructed to support the weight of concrete tile we could not install the 'under tile' type. The array question pertains to the 'solar powered shingle' type, which we can do. Below is a link on this last type.

http://www.oksolar.com/roof/
                      I'm not 100% sure which way I want to go. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to install standalone solar panels since the roof on our house in only a few years old. The plus side is if I decide to do the solar shingles it will take care of a few obvious shortcuts that the precious installer took. There are a few spots where the shingles weren't taut when they were installing and now there are a few small crests around the bottom of the roof line. I hate to rip it all off just due to that but I'm sure there is going to be some moisture damage in those areas eventually if I don't address it.

What I'm going to do ultimately is have a smaller scale wind generate as well as a large array of solar panels to hopefully completely remove the need for grid power.

On that link, is that 1.4kWh per shingle per day? But no, my roof is standard builder grade, nothing out of the ordinary that I'm aware of. Options?

Would you be able to also hook up everything to the battery storage, etc?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Comment

http://www.oksolar.com/roof/
                        Holy crap, that is badass! I have never seen solar panel shingles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                          I'm not 100% sure which way I want to go. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to install standalone solar panels since the roof on our house in only a few years old. The plus side is if I decide to do the solar shingles it will take care of a few obvious shortcuts that the precious installer took. There are a few spots where the shingles weren't taut when they were installing and now there are a few small crests around the bottom of the roof line. I hate to rip it all off just due to that but I'm sure there is going to be some moisture damage in those areas eventually if I don't address it.

What I'm going to do ultimately is have a smaller scale wind generate as well as a large array of solar panels to hopefully completely remove the need for grid power.

On that link, is that 1.4kWh per shingle per day? But no, my roof is standard builder grade, nothing out of the ordinary that I'm aware of. Options?

Would you be able to also hook up everything to the battery storage, etc?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I started the process today of setting up an appointment with the manufacturers rep, who will come out with me to meet you, so that we can answer all your questions. I will also need to do a diagram of your roof, at which point we send it in to engineering so that we can determine your exact needs in supplying power at whatever level you desire. At that point we can hopefully reach an agreement and get you taken care of!

One thing to consider is that on the arrays shingle warrantees are often voided as the array placed on top of the shingles completely changes the wear environment. If we go with the shingle type, warrantees remain intact. As for the hooking into batteries question, at that stage we will have to have a licensed electrician, which I will take care of.

This solar stuff is really kind of cool...

Shoot me your contact info? I lost your number when my boys dropped my last phone in the pool...
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I started the process today of setting up an appointment with the manufacturers rep, who will come out with me to meet you, so that we can answer all your questions. I will also need to do a diagram of your roof, at which point we send it in to engineering so that we can determine your exact needs in supplying power at whatever level you desire. At that point we can hopefully reach an agreement and get you taken care of!

One thing to consider is that on the arrays shingle warrantees are often voided as the array placed on top of the shingles completely changes the wear environment. If we go with the shingle type, warrantees remain intact. As for the hooking into batteries question, at that stage we will have to have a licensed electrician, which I will take care of.

This solar stuff is really kind of cool...

Shoot me your contact info? I lost your number when my boys dropped my last phone in the pool...
                            I don't believe we have ever spoken outside the confines of this forum before. Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else?

Nonetheless, I'm not quite ready to do this, but wanted to try and get some information so that when I have the funds ready I will be able to make the informed decision and move forward from there.

Comment

MikeC just left and really helped me out today. My chimney has been rotted out for a long time and started leaking onto the garage ceiling a while back. Anyway he came out today gave me a VERY reasonable quote and started work. I still need to paint it but came out very nice. He also did a quick inspection of the rest of the roof and fixed some vents that werent right and I also had him install a whirleybird.

Very profesional and great work! Thanks Mike!

Before - best pic I had, the real damage was on the other side, it was well rotted out.

After - We reused the old cap so thats why the cage looks beat to hell. I guess a bird flew into it. It was pretty mangled up to start with.

Comment

Working...
                              X