Needed an edger, wound up with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed an edger, wound up with this

I have been looking for a straight shaft weed trimmer, and also an edger. found this on CL for 65 dollars. it's a 1973 Lawn Boy 1015 edger. This thing is in mint, was the guys grandfathers and he passed so it went to him and he doesnt want/need it. cranks and starts right up. I have a thing for nostalgic pieces.... I almost don't want to use this and get it too dirty. Check it out.

That's cool , I had a old Gibson's edger but had to upgrade . It wasn't as cool as your find .

Comment

I wouldn't use it. To nice

Comment

I wouldn't use it either. I can't believe the guy got rid of it. My grandpa always had Lawn-Boy walk behind's and I really liked them because they were different from everything you were used to seeing and the engine had a very distinct sound that I thought was cool as hell. I would love to be able to hear that sound again.

Comment

Go buy another from HD or Lowes and put that one up. Break it out for BBQ show and tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Definitely save it. That thing is almost 40 years old and looks like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              I wouldn't use it either. I can't believe the guy got rid of it. My grandpa always had Lawn-Boy walk behind's and I really liked them because they were different from everything you were used to seeing and the engine had a very distinct sound that I thought was cool as hell. I would love to be able to hear that sound again.
              Ya, I thought it was odd when he told me he remembered when his grandfather bought it new. Sucks those aren't my memories of this bad boy and i can't believe he would get rid of it so easily. I had to buy this cause I'm on a tight budget and thought it would be cool to use this until i got it and looked at it. So sadly it will be used for a while at least. good thing is my front yard isn't all that big.

Comment

Lawn boy is a name I have not heard since I was a kid. Did they go out of business?
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

bad ass!

no way I'd use that thing... way too nice
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

i'd hate to accidentally hit some concrete with that bitch while edging

Comment

Love the old stuff. Is that a push primer button on top? I remember some old 2stroke Lawnboy lawn mowers that ran premix. The engine exhaust was directed down into the grass chamber. It would leave the grass you just mowed smoking....
                      Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                        and the engine had a very distinct sound that I thought was cool as hell. I would love to be able to hear that sound again.
                        What sound? You mean because they were two stroke?

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        Lawn boy is a name I have not heard since I was a kid. Did they go out of business?
                        Nope. A friend bought a new Lawn Boy from HD or Lowe's last year. Of course, due to the new laws, they are 4 stroke now. My Dad has a mower from 78 or so. Still runs like a champ. It's been well taken care of, but is showing it's age. Not anywhere near as nice as the edger above.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Oh, and if you're going to use it, at the very least, yank that OEM belt off of it, and find another that is the same size. You won't be able to find a LB Belt like that these days.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

call American Pickers and sell it to them, then go buy a nice Echo. Someone will pay bucks for that old Lawnboy.

Comment

Originally posted by miketyler View Post
                              The engine exhaust was directed down into the grass chamber. It would leave the grass you just mowed smoking....
                              LMAO- yep remember those all too well- My 1st gig was using a lawn boy and it never let me down

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                              call American Pickers and sell it to them, then go buy a nice Echo. Someone will pay bucks for that old Lawnboy.
                              I have a Echo and it works like a champ- nothing better on a freshly cut lawn- crisp clean cut edges. A weedeater is just not the same

Comment

Working...
                              X