Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen remodel - any warnings, watch-outs, etc you can pass on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen remodel - any warnings, watch-outs, etc you can pass on?

We decided we're going to stay in our house a bit longer so we're taking some $ from the new house fund and putting into the kitchen.

Appliances - see below
    Countertops - installing granite
    Backsplash - replace, but undecided on look
    Refinish cabinets - going from light to dark
    Sink / faucet - switching to darker color

Installing (all stainless):

Kitchenaid commercial style 6 top gas range (20,000 BTU burners)
    Kitchenaid 30" double oven w/ convection
    Kitchenaid 1.6 cu.ft. microwave
    Kitchenaid Superba Series dishwasher

(range not pictured)

We already have a stainless french door fridge.

Will also be adding a vent hood.

Anyone have any "heads up" type stuff they want to throw out there before we pull the trigger on this?

Is that cooktop a 42" or 36"? Most 6 burners are 42" with the controls off to the side. What are you using for an exhaust vent? Be aware of the cabinet space you will need above the cooktop for the exhaust vent. I just redid a kitchen for a lady that wanted Mille appliances. My cost on her package was $22k without the dishwasher (she already had one). We used a Zephyr Tornado II (1000cfm) exhaust unit for her 6 burner. Has LED lights, multi-speed, remote control, and senses when the cooktop gets too hot to automatically power up.

Comment

It's a 36".

Haven't chosen a vent yet. Any recommendations?

I already have all of the appliances listed... got them new for 54% off msrp. w00t!

Comment

Check out Oliver Dyer's appliances. We did our kitchen in the kitchenaid architect 2 series.
        Originally posted by The King
        I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
          Check out Oliver Dyer's appliances. We did our kitchen in the kitchenaid architect 2 series.
          He doesn't have chooooooo$$$ chooo$$$$$$$$$$$$ money.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            He doesn't have chooooooo$$$ chooo$$$$$$$$$$$$ money.
            He can still apply for credit.

choo $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ choo
            Originally posted by The King
            I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Appliances are already purchased.

Comment

Do you have any appliances yet?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Are you doing this or a contractor?

Are you moving any gas, elect, or plumbing?

Make sure you compare the cabinet color with the counter colors and backsplash colors. I e seen some attrocious combinations in homes near me as they were built. Apparently the chooser liked the colors by themselves, but together they were bad!!!
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Did you already purchase all the appliances?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      It's a 36".

Haven't chosen a vent yet. Any recommendations?

I already have all of the appliances listed... got them new for 54% off msrp. w00t!
                      Zephyr Tornado II if you can. It takes an 8" pipe and needs to exit the house. Damned powerful.

Comment

don't forget to buy your appliances...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Is that cooktop a 42" or 36"? Most 6 burners are 42" with the controls off to the side. What are you using for an exhaust vent? Be aware of the cabinet space you will need above the cooktop for the exhaust vent. I just redid a kitchen for a lady that wanted Mille appliances. My cost on her package was $22k without the dishwasher (she already had one). We used a Zephyr Tornado II (1000cfm) exhaust unit for her 6 burner. Has LED lights, multi-speed, remote control, and senses when the cooktop gets too hot to automatically power up.
                          Those Mille appliance sure are expensive but damn they are nice. The refrigerator/freezer doors are like a vault. My fiance had a hard time opening them and actually pulled her self into the door rather than the door to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            Zephyr Tornado II if you can. It takes an 8" pipe and needs to exit the house. Damned powerful.
                            **Goes to Google**...

... holy shit.

Comment

Get the largest silgranite undermount sink you can. Ours has been great. Any plans for under cabinet lighting? I hard wired and switched ours when I did the backsplash. It was much easier with the inner wall space exposed.

Comment

Working...
                              X