My remodel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Definitely over budget...but its where I didnt plan on spending.
    Electrical supplies $2k
    Soffits/Fascia - $6500
    Roof - $4500
    Plumbing - $2000

If I didnt have to do the extra things...Id be about $5k over which isnt horrible. My goal was $30k but said it would be $30-40k on the first page. I was wrong and it cost more. Im $200k into a 2100sqft house on an acre of land. Im still thrilled.
    Not knocking you at all, man. My experience is, take your original estimate and double it for big projects like this. My Dad & I built his house ourselves. I don't know how many times we said, "well, now's the best/easiest time to do it", "if you're gonna do it, do it right" or "it will cost more to do it later". Any of those sound familiar?

Comment

• yup, it never goes the way you planned...

you did an amazing job with it, man

enjoy it for 5yrs (or 3? at this point!)
      ???
      PROFIT
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Be thrilled. You did good work. That master shower is awesome. Is there a bench in there?
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• What did the cabinet doors cost? I am looking to replace the doors in our kitchen eventually
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• cabinet doors were $25 each, drawers $20, slab fronts $10. Used a cabinet builder that basically specializes in doors and drawer fronts. Luis Cabinets out in Arlington. They are poplar frames and mdf 1/2" center panels.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              cabinet doors were $25 each, drawers $20, slab fronts $10. Used a cabinet builder that basically specializes in doors and drawer fronts. Luis Cabinets out in Arlington. They are poplar frames and mdf 1/2" center panels.
              Thank you

Comment

• where did you get your marble? i am wanting to redue my master bath. ive got a clawfoot tub in there currently and have enough room to do a good size stand up shower in the opposite corner. i really like the look of your marble and want to go with something like that. your place looks dope.

Comment

• The marble is from Leventina slab yard and the fabricator was ER Remodeling in Dallas

Comment

• Did you try the self leveler for the shower floors?

Comment

• Looks great Tim!
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Definitely blows my remodel out of the water! Looks great!

Comment

• Long time coming, but it looks great. Congrats on surviving!

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                            Did you try the self leveler for the shower floors?
                            No...these shower floors were done months before you had posted up about it. I hadnt ever heard of the stuff.

Thanks guys

Comment

• Really impressed. I've kept up with this thread from day one, and it's been great seeing someone do stuff the right way.

Congratulations on the enormity of your success.
                              Last edited by diablo rojo; 12-04-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• You should feel proud Tim, it is turning out really nice.
                                70' Chevelle RagTop
                                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X