No announcement yet.

Whats a 4" driveway cost per sqft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crushed granite is also an option. Thanks for the post, I was curious too for a driveway expansion I may have to do. (too many trailers)
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      Bout $3.50 ft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
      Yea right, if done correctly with rebar, the profit would be around .25 cents per foot.
      So $125 total profit for a 500sq ft job.
      Good luck with that.

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Where are you located? I can get you set up to have it poured for a good price probably.

He said $3300 give or take as a rough estimate.
      That comes out to $6.60 per square foot.
      Much more in line of an actual current concrete job quote.

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
      Stangin4lyfe sent me a good connect for the concrete and I will be meeting with him Friday. 25x30' slab and a 20x10 section of recycled asphalt.
      You are in good hands.
      He would have already poured my new driveway, but currently I am in the middle of remodeling my garage and it throws a dampener on things.

Comment

It all depends on how much you are pouring. $6+ sounds pretty expensive to me. Im waiting for Vertnut to reply. Im guessing he would say closer to $4

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post

That comes out to $6.60 per square foot.
          Much more in line of an actual current concrete job quote.
          Yeah, you're probably right. Sounds like he is in good hands with your guy.

Comment

Yea right, if done correctly with rebar, the profit would be around .25 cents per foot.
            So $125 total profit for a 500sq ft job.
            Good luck with that.

Thats what I was quoted for driveway when they did my shop a year ago. I posted the name so all you have to do is give him a call.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Thats what I was quoted for driveway when they did my shop a year ago. I posted the name so all you have to do is give him a call.

the price of concrete has gone up a bit since last year. $3.75-$4.00/sq.ft is reasonable for your average 4" driveway.

Comment

The price really just depends on what they are using for reinforcement.
                Rebar vs. Wire Mesh(Mess is MUCH cheaper in both labor and material)
                Personally, I would say that wire mess is inadequate for a driveway.

Of course...the more concrete you purchase, the cheaper it is.
                Also if you don't meet the minimum purchase, usually there is a surcharge involved from the concrete company as well.

Comment

The price really just depends on what they are using for reinforcement.
                  Rebar vs. Wire Mesh(Mess is MUCH cheaper in both labor and material)
                  Personally, I would say that wire mess is inadequate for a driveway.

Of course...the more concrete you purchase, the cheaper it is.
                  Also if you don't meet the minimum purchase, usually there is a surcharge involved from the concrete company as well.
                  we only use rebar in our flatwork. of course the size of the rebar and how much you use affects the price as well. #3 bars 18" o.c. with 3000psi concrete will work fine for most 4" driveways. some people like a bit more reinforcement, but that should be enough for most driveways.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                    we only use rebar in our flatwork. of course the size of the rebar and how much you use affects the price as well. #3 bars 18" o.c. with 3000psi concrete will work fine for most 4" driveways. some people like a bit more reinforcement, but that should be enough for most driveways.
                    I agree with everything, except the on center...industry standard is 16" and mine will be poured at that, plus it's only one more bar per 9 feet.

If your price includes sand, forming and finishing, and all materials, out the door for $3.75/sq ft...that is real good.

Comment

You pour concrete? Later this year Im going to need a driveway put in. Im guessing about 2000sq ft.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        You pour concrete? Later this year Im going to need a driveway put in. Im guessing about 2000sq ft.
                        yes, sir. not sure where you're located, we mostly sick to the dallas side of town, but shoot me a message when you're close to pulling the trigger... I might be able to help.

Comment

can you use the same $3.75-$4.00 range for retaining walls? I have one that is going to HAVE to be rebuilt sometime in the near future...it is made of railroad ties right now and they are bowing, fence is leaning...its getting bad

I already have a driveway btw
                          Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

yes, sir. not sure where you're located, we mostly sick to the dallas side of town, but shoot me a message when you're close to pulling the trigger... I might be able to help.
                            I'll be hitting you up for a quote soon. That is if you consider Sachse to be the Dallas side of town

Comment

I got quoted $4 on flatwork for 4000psi w/fibers.

Comment

Pm sent, I am looking at getting a patio done out in rockwall.
                                07 GT500
                                05 SRT10
                                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                                93 Cobra
                                86 coupe
                                Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                                X