Granite countertops: Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite countertops: Recommendations?

Going to be getting new countertops here shortly. 44 sq ft, will be doing own backsplash. Anyone get some work done and can recommend a good guy with a decent price. Lowes seems overpriced.

Thanks.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Unicorn Jeff does them.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Unicorn Jeff does them.
      I thought he just did floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
        Going to be getting new countertops here shortly. 44 sq ft, will be doing own backsplash. Anyone get some work done and can recommend a good guy with a decent price. Lowes seems overpriced.

Thanks.
        Whose measurements? Figure on a new sink and fixture, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Whose measurements? Figure on a new sink and fixture, too.
          My measurements, I'm including overhang as well. I am leaving room for new sink and fixture, but depends on price wether I have it installed or do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Unicorn Jeff does them.
            I thought he only did floors as well, hope he chimes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
              My measurements, I'm including overhang as well. I am leaving room for new sink and fixture, but depends on price wether I have it installed or do it myself.
              There's sometimes waste involved when it comes to granite, and some folks don't realize it. With a typical counter being 26", it's not a "linear" measurement thing. Installing the fixture is no biggie. If you want an undermount sink, most companies sell them for about cost, but they adhere it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                There's sometimes waste involved when it comes to granite, and some folks don't realize it. With a typical counter being 26", it's not a "linear" measurement thing. Installing the fixture is no biggie. If you want an undermount sink, most companies sell them for about cost, but they adhere it for free.
                Thanks! We close on the house the 18th and the projects begin... If it's ok, I'm sure I'll be flooding u with questions.

Comment

Look into silestone for a comparison.

Comment

Make sure to go with a deep undermount stainless sink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Unicorn Jeff (aCid) does them.... best thing you can do is shop around. Different slabs are different prices. There are a few different levels of granite and huge price differences

I would definitely go with undermount sink and you cant really install that yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Unicorn Jeff (aCid) does them.... best thing you can do is shop around. Different slabs are different prices. There are a few different levels of granite and huge price differences

I would definitely go with undermount sink and you cant really install that yourself.
                        There's a lot of different levels, from $29 ft to well over $100 ft. I have installed $140+ ft before. It had huge slabs of copper in it. Hey...they wanted it, I got it for 'em.

Comment

Been texting Wish but yeah what exactly Vertnut said. And for anyone else reading this. I do granite, marble, concrete, ect counter tops.

Comment

Is marble "generally" more or less than granite?

Comment

Can you guys be more specific about the different "levels" of granite? I plan on doing this in my house, possibly next year. What is pretty average per square foot?

Comment

Working...
                              X