Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas needed for securing portable basketball goal to the ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to lowes/homedepot. And get some they are like 6 bucks (not those exact ones but similar
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

filled mine up with water and had it on the driveway for over 10 years , only blew over 2 times during tornadic activity

Comment

Just got to home depot. Get a concrete anchor and a four inch bolt with a nut and some washers. Get a couple feet of chain. Drill the hole and run the anchor thru the chain then bolt that to the ground. Drill a hole in the goal post and bolt the other end of the chain to it.

Or run the chain across the bottom and bolt the two ends to the asphalt.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          I know this sounds redneck, but would filling this with concrete suffice?
          It doesn't sound redneck, it looks redneck

If you do it, drill holes in the bottom or you'll get mosquitos in there after rain.

Comment

I'd use these (they sell them in singles too if you don't want 6)

I use one as a beach anchor for the boat - so it's anchored in wet sand and has not budged in some fairly decent winds. If you screw that thing all the way down and then using ratchets or something else - you'll be fine.

I use a similar set too on the kid's trampoline to keep it anchored down. 3 smaller ones.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I filled mine with water. Make sure u add antifreeze to it. Then I sat 4 40lb bags of quickcreate on top. Let the rain harden it and tore off the bags. Hasnt moved in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                filled mine up with water and had it on the driveway for over 10 years , only blew over 2 times during tornadic activity
                x2

Comment

Working...
                X