What type of grass to plant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zemog View Post
    with the cold winter we had those pre emergent applications should have been good, plenty of time to get into the soil. did they apply it as a liquid or granular??
    liquid. He was starting off with a yard that never had any kind of pre emergent.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      That may be, but my mom's house that she recently sold had it for the last 10+ years and it was about the only thing that would grow and look good. It may not work in the dark, but it damn sure works under trees.
      agreed, my impression of the original poster is theres no sun, or very limited.
      st Augustine needs 4-6 hours of sun to thrive
      Bermuda 6-8 of full sun
      Bermuda will grow under trees, I have seen it in the pecan orchard, now housing addition, where I take care of many lawns, that being said they are not thick lawns just a thin covering

a lot depends on mowing height too, mowed high enough in shade many grasses will grow, maybe not thrive but they will live

there are different varieties of zoysia just like st.aug and Bermuda, some more shade friendly than others

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        liquid. He was starting off with a yard that never had any kind of pre emergent.
        then I would give him a chance to kill it, if not turning here pretty quick (as in by Saturday) I would call and ask, temps should be in the 80's thrusday and Friday, it will not take long to get some turn, HOWEVER if its been since February then I would call now because whatever he sprayed did not work on the weeds you have and should be re sprayed

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
          then I would give him a chance to kill it, if not turning here pretty quick (as in by Saturday) I would call and ask, temps should be in the 80's thrusday and Friday, it will not take long to get some turn, HOWEVER if its been since February then I would call now because whatever he sprayed did not work on the weeds you have and should be re sprayed
          see pic above. That is dallis right? im going to have to give him a call.

Comment

Update: Had Junior come out and do some fence repair work, redid the flower beds and topsoil, then laid down some St Augustine sod. This shit is taking like a MoFo! Growing great and no weeds! My neighbors side is all weeds.

This used to be just dirt, not even weeds grew on my side, LOL.

Comment

Now the part you didn't do looks like shit

Comment

Working...
              X