Homeowners Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowners Insurance

How much do you guys pay? Who do you use? Some of the quotes I have seen are crazy for a 2180 sq foot single story home with a pool. Some of the quotes border on 250-350 month with an annual cost of 3300+ bucks. To me, that seems extremely, extremely high. Sometimes when doing calculations, that amount is off the estimation slider's maximum amount.

School me on appropriate levels of coverage to get the payments down to much more reasonable levels.

We have about the same size with no pool and it's 114 a month. That's with a discount with multiple vehicles on my State Farm auto policy.

Comment

See, i did a quote through state farm and my quote was something crazy, like 330 a month. I already have my car insurance on multiple cars through state farm too. Clearly, something went wrong in my estimation efforts, i guess and it didnt take any bundling into effect. Or it just defaults you into million dollar coverage and hopes you dont notice.

Comment

2006 4bed 2bath 1700sq ft brick no pool $621 a year with TWG insurance
        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

State Farm. It's about 1300 a year. Initially they were trying to vastly over estimate the worth of my house, and I had to tell them to dial it back to a reasonable level. They'll try and sell you some bullshit talking about how much it costs to build, but not taking into account that 1/3 of your property value is just the land itself. Don't let those fucks line their pockets for no reason.

Comment

I dunno but they all went up across the board. I have liberty Mutual and it was $1100 last year. This year they want $1458... damn near 30% increase. My agent said he was sorry that there was nothing he could do. Said to shop around but he believes this is still the best price

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              I dunno but they all went up across the board. I have liberty Mutual and it was $1100 last year. This year they want $1458... damn near 30% increase. My agent said he was sorry that there was nothing he could do. Said to shop around but he believes this is still the best price

Yup, mine was 1100 last year also.

Comment

2000 sq ft 4 bed 2 bath, brand new construction
                $101/month from Germania.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

2300 sq ft 4 bed 3 bath built in 85, i pay 73/mo.

Comment

lowest i can find is 2200/yr so far. Ugh. roughly 184/mo

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      lowest i can find is 2200/yr so far. Ugh. roughly 184/mo

If you go through the place that does your car insurance you should get a bit of a discount.

Comment

A bit over 2400sq ft. 4 br, 3ba, attached garage. $147 a mo through USAA.
                        Realized this week that I have a hail deduction of $5000. Does that sound normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          A bit over 2400sq ft. 4 br, 3ba, attached garage. $147 a mo through USAA.
                          Realized this week that I have a hail deduction of $5000. Does that sound normal?

That sounds really high for the deductible. Hell, a new roof after a hail storm would probably only be in the 10k area, maybe a bit more depending on quality of materials.

Comment

Jesus, I pay $1800/yr for coverage over $600k... You need to find another quote.

I can send you my guy's name from Nationwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              Jesus, I pay $1800/yr for coverage over $600k... You need to find another quote.

I can send you my guy's name from Nationwide.
                              New homes are cheaper to insure than older homes.

Comment

Working...
                              X