No announcement yet.

My Remodel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been refinishing my kitchen cabinets for about a year now... Good luck! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I've been refinishing my kitchen cabinets for about a year now... Good luck! lol
      All we have left are the doors.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Updates?

Comment

• Not really. I have slowed down since we moved in.

Comment

• I haven't really done anything worth showing. A lot of work outside. I started washing the fence last weekend. But that is the only thing you can really see.

This was about 20 minutes after spraying with a bleach solution. You can see the difference. I have only done the parts facing the street so far.

A lot of time has been spent spot treating for weeds and watering to promote growth and spreading of the established grass.

I still have a storage unit full of stuff, a LOT of which is modelling/hobby supplies. So, I have spent a good bit of time getting my hobby room set up.

Comment

• I like the shelves. Is it precut?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I like the shelves. Is it precut?
                No, I pretty much flew by the seat of my pants. Those are ~12" deep and 18" wide. The center shelves are ~8" deep and 12" wide. I tried to keep my modelling supplies in mind. The center shelves are for paint and miscellaneous, the bottom shelves are set up for spray paint, the middle shelves for my tuppereare containers with models in process, the top is for boxed kit storage. On the right wall, that shelf is being worked up for reloading supplies. I also have a decent size closet that I am working on in there as well.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Well, we finally decided to tackle the guest bathroom. I showed her some of the houses I am building and she loved the gray accent color that one of them had. So, Saturday we took a paint sample to Lowes and went to work. After getting the walls painted, we finally decided what to do with the vanity. After looking around and not finding anything we liked, we decided to refinish the cabinet that was already in there. We went with Kona, it is a dark brown. Then we replaced the top with a new bright white cultured marble piece. I thought I had decent before pictures, but i don't. This picture was taken with a potato, enjoy:

Comment

• Well, I have focused a lot of effort on the outside of the house, cleaning up, expanding flower beds, etc. With Christmas coming up, we decided to get the guest bath finished up, and I started back in on my hobby/reloading room. Trying to get enough shelves and storage to get organized. Here is how I left it tonight

Comment

• Looking back, I should have put those small shelves closer together for more display space

Comment

• Well I have decided to re-do the siding on the front of the house. Everything by the front door will be hardie colonial siding. For the gable over the garage I plan to do straight edge shake shingle panels like this:

Comment

• Well, I tackled the damaged fascia on the front of the house. I wish I had a means to haul 12' sections from Forney to my house. I have been collecting scraps from jobs and the longest I can carry is 6'. I am trying to use as much good scrap as I can to minimize costs.

Here is what I started with (excuse the garage. We have consolidated 2 households and acuiring stuff for a wedding). You can see how damaged everything is.

Step 2. I had alread replaced the short return at this point.

Finally, everything replaced. You can also see the trim color we chose. It is an off white. The siding leading to the front door and at the gable above the garage will be kind of a mocha color.

Comment

• I also built a shutter for the front windows to see how they will look. She approved so we will have rough cut cedar shutters stained to match the post for both front windows. I should be able to make them for about $60. Using 4" and 6" cedar fence pickets. Stained fronts and primed backs.

I am trying to decide whether I should put a cedar bracked/corbel in the peak of the gable.

Comment

• You had it easy it looks like. My house didnt have a solid 2x4 fascia to nail the hardie to. The crew that did it had to mark the attic rafters to nail to.

Comment

Working...
                                X