Critique my Parts List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
    ^That's a consideration. The only part that sucks for me is that the prewiring was done and the outlets are up high. I guess I could extend them down to floor level. I may investigate what reasonably priced options there are for the fronts. Thx.
    So were mine, I put wall colored painted plates over them and made new ones down low.

It's always dark in the there so nobody really even notices or pays attention to it.

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Energy-ESW-C10-10-Inch-Subwoofer-Black/dp/B001RPW6UE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413122591&sr=8-2&keywords=energy+subwoofer+10[/ame]

I've had this sub from Energy, and for that matter I've used a lot of Energy stuff, and bang for the buck it just can't be beat. Everyone has their own opinion though...

Just FYI Energy is a sister company of Klipsch, and I've owned 2 sets of speakers from them and they are extremely accurate. I currently have an 8 inch downfiring Energy sub for the bedroom sound system and I paid 199 for it from Amazon.

A good sub doesn't give away where it's placed - it just fills the whole room. If you place it right, that is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        If you've never had a media room setup before, you will be happy with the list of stuff you get. I do warn you - do NOT start digging around avsforum.com - you'll start to question your purchases and your budget will then need to at least double...
        Both of these are true statements! avsforum is good for listening to snooty rich people argue about dumb shit and complain about shit that most of us will never even notice.

Comment

Well, I went ahead and placed a sizeable order for Christmas! Here's what I decided on:

-Denon AVR-S900W Receiver
          -Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II Front L/R
          -Polk Audio CS1 Monitor Series II Center Channel
          -Polk Audio PSW505 Sub
          -Polk Audio RC60i In ceilings for Middle and Rear Surround
          -Sony BDPS5200 Bluray Player
          -Elite Sable 110" fixed screen

I picked up an Epson 8350 a little while back for $580 used. I can't wait to get it all put together. It'll probably be sometime in January before it all comes together, but should be decent and was a good price/bang for the buck. ~$1450+ the projector.

Comment

I would personally send back the Polk fronts and get these to replace them. On sale right now for $225 each. Normally $450 each...

These will blow the Polks out of the water for clean clear sound, especially at higher volumes where distortion will be heard from the Polks. But, if you are wanting to keep all the speakers the same mfg, I understand that.

I picked up this sub

to go with my other Klipsch sub and finish out my 7.2 system. The 7.2 is complete, but I still need to upgrade my surround speakers...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Nice...I'm not gonna mess with it. I should be happy with what I bought and I got a good deal on the Monitor70's at $150 each off Newegg and the sub for $170.

Comment

Working...
              X