My lawn needs help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lawn needs help.

New house and the lawn wasn't taken care of. What do I do about this shit that's all weeds.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Ace has an orange bottle of ortho max weed killer you hook up to your waterhose for like $15. It's awesome we tried everything last year and that was the only thing that killed everything but the grass.

Comment

This may sound strange, but it worked for me when I had a lot of clover growth. A friend told me to get some big bags of sugar and spread it over your whole lawn...then water it in. I did it a few times and the grass started taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        This may sound strange, but it worked for me when I had a lot of clover growth. A friend told me to get some big bags of sugar and spread it over your whole lawn...then water it in. I did it a few times and the grass started taking over.

That's definitely an interesting suggestion. The guy at Lowes suggested a bag of Scott Weed and Feed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Weed and Feed is not going to help for that. Your going to need a spray weed killer.

For some reason I thought I heard you can use salt I your yard.

Comment

What did you use to spread it with, fertilizer spreader?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              What did you use to spread it with, fertilizer spreader?
              I just did it by hand. Look it up on da interwebz.... There are several things written about it. i don't recall the reasoning behind it, but it worked. I just went and got the huge bags of sugar from albertsons.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                That's definitely an interesting suggestion. The guy at Lowes suggested a bag of Scott Weed and Feed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I'm sure anything that feeds the grass would work. If the grass is healthy, it will take over the clover. The guy that told me about this is one of those green thumb types...if I recall, he said that clover is a sign of low nitrogen or something like that, and he said the sugar would somehow help it. This has been a few years back, so I don't remember exactly, but the grass came in and took over the clover fairly quickly.

Comment

I'm sure anything that feeds the grass would work. If the grass is healthy, it will take over the clover. The guy that told me about this is one of those green thumb types...if I recall, he said that clover is a sign of low nitrogen or something like that, and he said the sugar would somehow help it. This has been a few years back, so I don't remember exactly, but the grass came in and took over the clover fairly quickly.
                  I'm willing to give that a try but will the sugar just work on the clover or everything?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    Ace has an orange bottle of ortho max weed killer you hook up to your waterhose for like $15. It's awesome we tried everything last year and that was the only thing that killed everything but the grass.
                    This stuff?

Comment

I'm willing to give that a try but will the sugar just work on the clover or everything?
                      I'm not sure if it works for just clover...that's just what I had at the time. I think I bought two of the big bags of sugar for about $10, so it was cheap enough that I just gave it a shot. It didn't do anything for the Dallisgrass; I had to use msma on that stuff.

Comment

Nuke it, till it, get some new dirt, and bring in a bunch of sod.

Comment

Use this insteadhttp://www.lowes.com/pd_17072-446-04...d=3560900&Ntt=

The hand sprayer is ok for spot treatment, but not for the whole lawn.

Depending on how bad it is, you may have to do this a few times. Once the weed is under control, switch to weed & feed.

Comment

No the stuff we got was in a all orange bottle you hook up to your water hose. We tried all the weed and feed stuff even scotts and it might as well have been spectricide because it didn't do shit for our yard.

Comment

I was planning to put down some pre emergent, however, I am planning to over seed the front yard and I think it may be too late. I guess I will hit it with some hose end weed killer.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X