My lawn needs help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I was planning to put down some pre emergent, however, I am planning to over seed the front yard and I think it may be too late. I guess I will hit it with some hose end weed killer.
    I wouldn't say it's too late, you want to overseed when it's above 50 degrees and we've just barely gotten into that weather.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      I wouldn't say it's too late, you want to overseed when it's above 50 degrees and we've just barely gotten into that weather.
      I did some reading this morning and saw that. I need to read the bag on my preM and see what they rdcommend for seeding. It is Lesco 0-0-7
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Here's a little update. I put some Scotts Southern Weed & Feed Bonus S and nearly wiped out all of the clover in both the front & backyard. I planted some Bermuda and it's coming in nicely but it's quickly being overshadowed by the crabgrass I have. Both my front & backyard have a TON of crabgrass which I've tried to spot treat with Ortho Weed-B-Gone but it's not doing much to get rid of it. Keeping the crabgrass mowed short and giving the Bermuda a chance to grow in has been about the only thing I can think of to hopefully choke out that crabgrass. I'm planning on aerating this weekend to allow the lawn to breathe (see pictures below) and hopefully help with the standing water. In addition to that, I'm going to put down some more Bermuda seed and hope it continues to grow in.

It's not like the yard slopes down drastically in the places where water is standing. Not really sure how to fix this.

Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Spot treat the crabgrass with Image
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Is there standing water on your neighbor's side of the fence?

Full gutters? If so are they plumbed to under ground drains? If so, I would put a catch basin in the lowest spot of that standing water and route it to your gutter drains (if there is enough fall to get it to move). Other options are a french drain or a dry well. I am going to attempt a couple of small dry wells when I trench for yard drains next weekend. Thinking some 5 gallon buckets in a rock pit.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Is there standing water on your neighbor's side of the fence?

Full gutters? If so are they plumbed to under ground drains? If so, I would put a catch basin in the lowest spot of that standing water and route it to your gutter drains (if there is enough fall to get it to move). Other options are a french drain or a dry well. I am going to attempt a couple of small dry wells when I trench for yard drains next weekend. Thinking some 5 gallon buckets in a rock pit.
              I honestly haven't checked the neighbors side of the fence and right now there are no gutters on this house.

Comment

Definitely, if you can, see what is going on with the neighbor's yard. It may be a bigger issue over there.

Comment

Forgot to post the latest update. This past weekend I mowed the back yard twice. Once on the normal mower setting and I picked up 4 bags of grass. Lowered the mower to it's lowest setting, scalped the yard, and picked up 7 more bags of grass. I didn't realize I had a bunch of dead grass underneath what I normally see. In addition to that, I rented an aerator and aerated the entire front and back yard. Put some fresh seed and I'm just waiting for the rain to do the rest. Within a few hours I could tell a difference in the lawn breathing better just by how quickly the wet spots dried out. Oh and I think I may have found one of the reasons I'm retaining water in certain parts of the back yard. Pictures to come.

Comment

Since i cant lay fertilizer weed/feed down with the ground wet all the time. What can i use to weed kill since it keeps on raining.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      Since i cant lay fertilizer weed/feed down with the ground wet all the time. What can i use to weed kill since it keeps on raining.
                      Depending on the severity, spot treat with round up.

I need to do my front yard. I have a serioys crab grass problem. My bermuda is coming in quite nice, but the large stands of crab grass are an eye sore.

I need to post an updated yard pic in my remodel thread

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        Use a liquid herbicide for whatever your weed is you are trying to kill, add some dawn dish soap to use as a surfactant ( if you don't have a store that carries a real sticker near you) . John Deere landscapes , ewing , BWI all carry it. just need a small window of weather for product to dry ( less than 2 hours)

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                          Use a liquid herbicide for whatever your weed is you are trying to kill, add some dawn dish soap to use as a surfactant ( if you don't have a store that carries a real sticker near you) . John Deere landscapes , ewing , BWI all carry it. just need a small window of weather for product to dry ( less than 2 hours)
                          Definitely listen to this guy! With his help I have gone from this, relatively bare and full of weeds:

To this, the majority of the front yard filled with bermuda, reduced weeds, and much smaller bare spots:

There is still a LOT of work to do. A few low spots I need to fill, and large areas I need to kill weeds. Hopefully over the next couple of months it will look like a golf course.

Comment

Working...
                          X