No announcement yet.

Roof-power vent fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 101 in my garage two days ago. It’s a detached garage and has about a 30ft pitch. All open, no insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      It was 101 in my garage two days ago. It?s a detached garage and has about a 30ft pitch. All open, no insulation.
      So far my garage has not gotten over 93*, its a high pitch roof, the entire length of the garage roof has a Ridge vent and it seems to work, not a bit of insulation on the rafters. I guess it does work.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        So far my garage has not gotten over 93*, its a high pitch roof, the entire length of the garage roof has a Ridge vent and it seems to work, not a bit of insulation on the rafters. I guess it does work.
        Bingo

Comment

I have vents on the ridge/peak but they do nothing. I have considered putting in an exhaust fan on the roof itself, just one of the those wind powered turbines. I’m wondering If that would make any difference. I’d hate to go through the trouble of that and it not do anything. Fortunately here at night it gets cool unlike Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            I have vents on the ridge/peak but they do nothing. I have considered putting in an exhaust fan on the roof itself, just one of the those wind powered turbines. I?m wondering If that would make any difference. I?d hate to go through the trouble of that and it not do anything. Fortunately here at night it gets cool unlike Texas.
            Thats what I did at my home in Allen, it's the vent disks, they make a fan version that comes with a thermostat. Easy to install, I also put some Henry glue (mastic type glue) just to make sure it didn't leak from removing the old ones. You do have to have a few vents under the eaves, though your house may already have them. That helped my home alot at the time.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

we have 2, one on the top of the ridge over the main portion of the house and another at the end gable over the garage/suite addition. both are on thermostats and turn on/off daily as needed. idk what difference they actually make, it's still always hot asf up there.

Comment

Now I'm looking at adding soffit vents. Which now I'm going to need to pull some insulation. Dammit.

Comment

For those that did their own soffit vents. Did you do a continously vents or single vents? If single, how space apart did you put them?

Comment

Working...
                  X