Concrete pouring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
    that is a deal! I've been wanting to redo my driveway but had been scared to even think about how much it would be. where can I rent one of these cubic yard trailers??
    Here is the place in Arlington that I used
    We offer equipment rental, tool rental and party rental for the homeowner & contractor in Arlington TX and surrounding Dallas / Fort Worth Metro

Here is another in the Burleson area
    Concrete To Go
    1201 South Burleson Boulevard
    Burleson, tx 76028-4980
    Phone: (817) 295-0322

There may be others that have the little mixers you tow. For those you need a 3/4 ton truck or larger. The two places above are just carts filled with mixed concrete so you can use a smaller 1/2 ton truck. You need to be close to the site from the rental place so it does not start to 'set up' on you though

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
      We offer equipment rental, tool rental and party rental for the homeowner & contractor in Arlington TX and surrounding Dallas / Fort Worth Metro

Concrete To Go
      Burleson, tx 76028-4980

There may be others that have the little mixers you tow. For those you need a 3/4 ton truck or larger. The two places above are just carts filled with mixed concrete so you can use a smaller 1/2 ton truck. You need to be close to the site from the rental place so it does not start to 'set up' on you though
      hmm, can't seem to find anything like that in the Dallas area. how did you google that?

nevermind, I found a few.
      Last edited by projectPONY; 04-12-2011, 10:30 AM.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

prices must have gone back up. I was thinking it was around $80/yd this time last year with a 3 yard min.
        Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

i have all the tools and and my buddy does tons of side jobs cheap...
          first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
            that is a deal! I've been wanting to redo my driveway but had been scared to even think about how much it would be. where can I rent one of these cubic yard trailers??
            lots of concrete places have the trailers. Call around. You shouldnt have to go rent a trailer, then take it to get filled.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
              PM sent
              Answered.. thanks!
              GIFSoup

Comment

I just did a 12 x12 pad for a storage building a few weeks ago. I could not find anyone to touch it for under $600 and I had it all framed and re-barred.

I ending up renting the cubic yard trailers (2 yards total) and pouring it myself.
                Cost was $120 a yard + plus my time.

There is a place in Burleson or Arlington that rents the trailers. A 1/2 ton truck will pull them.

Make sure and rent a 'come along' (concrete rake) and bull float.
                Whats the weight of that? My small SUV won't pull it?
                GIFSoup

Comment

Concrete To Go
                  Burleson, tx 76028-4980

That second one is perfect for me...
                  GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
                    Whats the weight of that? My small SUV won't pull it?
                    I would say 2k to 3k lbs per yard (load) plus the trailer. Not sure if your SUV could pull it or not.

Comment

I would say 2k to 3k lbs per yard (load) plus the trailer. Not sure if your SUV could pull it or not.
                      I called today, 5Klbs for 1 yard and trailer, minimum half ton truck. I will need to borrow someone's if that is the direction I go.
                      GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by miketyler View Post
                        Check your easements and city codes. I have a guy that does good work in Grand Praiire very reasonable. He beat everyone elses prices on my renthouse driveway.
                        how much did he charge? i have a driveway that i would like to have taken up and re-poured. (2-car wide (~20') and about 40-50 feet long)

Comment

I will have to look at my notes but I want to say it was around $1300 with half of it being tear out of the old driveway. it was a full length two car width driveway
                          Last edited by miketyler; 04-15-2011, 12:03 PM.
                          Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

I am tagging this thread. I want to put a circular drive in front of my house. Just by questimation I imagine it is going to be 12-15' wide and about 200' long.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'd love to redo our driveway. When they poured the original they didn't put any breaks in it, just one huge slab. It has a big crack running right down the middle.

Do you usually need permits to replace an existing driveway or do you only need them if you widen it?

Comment

My guy told me as long as the lead-in portion from the street remains intact, no permit required.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X