Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That makes you weird. Not a nit wit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
      That makes you weird. Not a nit wit

Glad to hear that I`m not a nit wit

I go in for the written test tomorrow.... This past week Ive been taking practice mechanical aptitude tests online, and I`ve worked on cars ( as a hobby ) mechanically and auto body for most of my life.

Are there any decent places to eat in the area that I can wait out evening rush hour traffic?

Comment

• Rudy's off teasley has some decent BBQ. There are a bunch of eatin places off university and 35 as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
          Glad to hear that I`m not a nit wit

I go in for the written test tomorrow.... This past week Ive been taking practice mechanical aptitude tests online, and I`ve worked on cars ( as a hobby ) mechanically and auto body for most of my life.

Are there any decent places to eat in the area that I can wait out evening rush hour traffic?
          It can get a little crowded but there is about everything you can think of on University /380 off 35.
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• I took the test. It wasn't too complicated. Now I wait on the scoring and see if it was well enough to pass on to the next round. You guys have some pretty awesome rides there.

Its been 2007 since I was last in the area. Looks like 35e is nothing but roadwork from Carrollton to Denton. If this works out, I think I'll avoid that path as much as possible

Comment

• With Peterbilt money most of us do like to have nice things lol

Comment

• Yeah..... New GT if I get to make some of that Peterbilt money.

Just got the msg a short time ago...... I passed and will be sent another email when Peterbilt is ready to schedule the next step

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                  I took the test. It wasn't too complicated. Now I wait on the scoring and see if it was well enough to pass on to the next round. You guys have some pretty awesome rides there.

Its been 2007 since I was last in the area. Looks like 35e is nothing but roadwork from Carrollton to Denton. If this works out, I think I'll avoid that path as much as possible
                  It sucks in that area. Hard. I lived in Corinth (denton side of the lake) for a couple years and just between there and peterbilt i would see an average of 7 wrecks a week. I have been rear ended in traffic there twice. I moved to Sanger last July and the drive is much nicer.
                  Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                  Yeah..... New GT if I get to make some of that Peterbilt money.

Just got the msg a short time ago...... I passed and will be sent another email when Peterbilt is ready to schedule the next step
                  1, I've seen 7 new Mustangs here. The nicest one belonging to cheezebandit on the board.

2, save your money for a while! They have hired a LOT of new people recently and when layoffs come it is strictly by clock number/seniority.

The good news is they call the people they laid off when they start hiring again before they take in new guys.

It's been 2.5 years i think since the last layoff
                  2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                    It sucks in that area. Hard. I lived in Corinth (denton side of the lake) for a couple years and just between there and peterbilt i would see an average of 7 wrecks a week. I have been rear ended in traffic there twice. I moved to Sanger last July and the drive is much nicer.

1, I've seen 7 new Mustangs here. The nicest one belonging to cheezebandit on the board.

2, save your money for a while! They have hired a LOT of new people recently and when layoffs come it is strictly by clock number/seniority.

The good news is they call the people they laid off when they start hiring again before they take in new guys.

It's been 2.5 years i think since the last layoff
                    Is 35w any better traffic wise? ( On non race/swap meet weeks ) Going in on 35e wasnt so bad... the trip back south was horrible... esp for the northbound lanes as someone decided to run their Scion tc into the safety wall and had the road shut down to 1 lane. Traffic was backed up from the Lewisville Lake bridge to Vista Ridge Mall before it thinned out. Nothing wrong with the towns north of Denton, I`d just "prefer" to be south of Denton.

1. Was his the Black 2015 GT? I`m driving a `14 V6 I picked up a couple years ago at Westway.

2. I will. My First priority of course would be finding a permanant residenc and saving for it - as I would prefer to buy vs lease.I will be starting out living in an extended stay hotel - Wherever I end up working. After that, Ive got around 7K of side debt I plan on retiring before upgrading to a Mustang Gt. I once worked a job that was similar with the layoffs... No make that worse... EVERY September like clockwork... pink slip. Then you never knew when/if you would get called back. The last year I worked there I only got to work late June through early Sept.. got layed off, and then never got called back until the following Sept, was told it would only be for a couple of weeks. By then of course I had replaced the job and declined the assignment.

I read that about the last layoff in `12 when I was researching the company online. I also read about "voluntary" layoffs. How does that work at Peterbilt? Someone with seniority decides they would like to be a part of the layoff, but their seniority puts them at the top of the recall list? Is that how is works?

Comment

• Pretty much. Most of the people that take voluntary do it for the fat severance package they get. Its like a week of pay for every year of service. And a lot of these guys are ready to retire and just waiting for nut cutting time and they will take voluntary and then collect their 30+ year severance and then retire.

Comment

• Rusty,

How long were you out in the `12 layoff or did you have enough seniority by that time to miss it?

Comment

• I'm just 8 or so miles south on 35w and never have any traffic issues.

Comment

• It missed me

Comment

• Quick update. The email to schedule the hands on came today and I took the first day they had available on 4/25.

Comment

• Damn that's a ways out. Hope it works out for you.
                                2014 GT
                                2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                                X