STEM MBA program unveiled at TTU Rawls College of Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Maybe... I'll know more later this week.
    ... and?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by The 10 Best Careers with an MBA
      The average MBA salary in 2020 was $137,890, according to U.S. News. Though the average MBA rate reached nearly $138,000 in 2020,

We based our list on a combination of median annual salary figures, employment growth projections, and job satisfaction reports. Employment growth forecasts are provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Salary information comes from either the BLS or from PayScale.com.
      Originally posted by Has The MBA Become A Worthless Degree?
      Get breaking Finance news and the latest business articles from AOL. From stock market news to jobs and real estate, it can all be found here.

After a degree in law, the MBA has become the degree that cynics and publicity seekers love to bash. Yet, those three initials on a diploma are one of the most powerful and tried-and-true investments you could ever make in yourself. The vast majority of MBA graduates from the top 50 to 100 schools in the world double or triple their total pay thanks to the education they receive.
      This is program is intriguing, I wonder if you'll need to know a certain level of math before hand? A degree that doesn't have all the BS included.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
        This is program is intriguing, I wonder if you'll need to know a certain level of math before hand? A degree that doesn't have all the BS included.
        You'll need knowledge of statistics for a lot of classes. My program (and I would think most) included your stats course in the first semester. You do some derivatives work in Economic theory. I don't recall ever having to use a lot of calculus. Other than that, there isn't a lot of "higher" level mathematics involved. There's some, but not much. Getting into derivatives in Finance classes is pretty hairy but I don't anticipate a lot of that given the curriculum posted above. You'll do a lot of work with exponents, compounding, etc. STEM theories to business practice would be the wild card for me - I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Your ability to pick up and follow along on the material will be gauged by your GMAT score - that's technically what the test is designed for.

I think the statistics could be the only mathematical portion that isn't very familiar to a STEM undergrad, but my engineering classmates I was friends with had zero trouble with statistics, I mean they were scoring high 90s on exams (masters degrees in Engineering from Michigan and MIT). The Finance, Econ, and Investment courses gave them the most trouble.
        Last edited by slow99; 01-07-2014, 12:44 PM.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Texas Tech STEM MBA

We are very excited about the STEM MBA that will launch June 2014. I am happy to schedule a time to meet or talk over the phone with anyone interested. Let me know how I can help!

Mary Frances Weatherly
          Director -- Texas Tech STEM MBA Program
          mary.weatherly@ttu.edu

Comment

Working...
          X