Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best pad and compound/polish to remove swirls on black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turtles. Use the bottle with the turtles on it.

Comment

not sure of the name of the stuff but at most harley dealerships they have a spray on polish/wax for motorcycles that makes black paint like glass.

Comment

Originally posted by 68stang View Post
        not sure of the name of the stuff but at most harley dealerships they have a spray on polish/wax for motorcycles that makes black paint like glass.
        If you're not using a polisher to remove the imperfections, all you're doing is masking or "filling in" the swirls. Most likely it's a glaze which hides that kind of stuff well. After a few washes and that stuff gets removed you're going to be all

Comment

what pad do you guys use for 105?
          different pad for 205?
          also what size pads (dont have backing plate yet). <--- i'm guessing 6.5" and 3" would be nice.

this is for a portercable 7424xp btw
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
            what pad do you guys use for 105?
            different pad for 205?
            also what size pads (dont have backing plate yet). <--- i'm guessing 6.5" and 3" would be nice.

this is for a portercable 7424xp btw
            I have the same question. My truck needs a LOT of tlc. Its black, and hasn't seen much care the last 3-4 years. I need to pick up a buffer as well, preferrably something electric

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

For Porter Cable 7434XP, I generally use orange Lake County pads with 105, white with 205. You want your pad to be 1/2" larger than your backing plate. I have a 5" backing plate and use 5.5" pads
              Scott Ganow
              Lone Star Performance
              16300 Midway Rd
              Addison, TX 75001
              214-630-5006

Comment

I think the LC black finishes down much better than white. Then again I am using a Rupes 21 with 5inch BP so it's a defect destroyer.

Comment

The Rupes is a badass machine! I usually train people with the porter cable methods because they are the most common machines for the enthusiast do it yourselfers
                  Scott Ganow
                  Lone Star Performance
                  16300 Midway Rd
                  Addison, TX 75001
                  214-630-5006

Comment

Working...
                  X