Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW!! Did anyone catch the news tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
    I think you are using the word very loosely.

I have the right to protest and scream ridiculous things like Westboro Baptist if I wanted to but the difference is one is illegal and one isn't.
    You have the right to do illegal things, this is America.

And until you are tried by a jury of your peers if you so choose, and are found guilty, you haven't done anything illegal.

We still live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty.

Comment

• The DPD has plenty of resources to fight this stuff. It's no big secret where the motorcycles hang out and I bet there are a couple of officers that probably are friends with some of the guys in the group. What's probably going to happen is that instead of getting no insurance or speeding tickets they'll start writing tickets for everything under the sun to anyone on a sport bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        You have the right to do illegal things, this is America.

And until you are tried by a jury of your peers if you so choose, and are found guilty, you haven't done anything illegal.

We still live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty.
        I can do those things you mentioned in a third world country too, does that mean I have the right to do them there too?
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• the ambulance argument is a wash.

people die on the side of the road waiting on the ambulance trying to get through rubberneckers and drivers more important than other drivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            I can do those things you mentioned in a third world country too, does that mean I have the right to do them there too?
            Yes you have a right to do them there as well, tho your punishment may be more severe. In fact you might have more of a right there, shit like that happens all the time

Comment

• 109 replies and counting!!
              I am one of the countless people who DOES have an M endorsement and have had it since 1986. My bike has inspection and current registration CLEARLY displayed where it is supposed to be and is well lit and I ride with proper gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, thick pants)...and I still occasionally have cops ride my ass, pull me over just to VERIFY shit, and in most cases feel like I am being targeted specifically because I'm riding a sportbike. I have NEVER gotten a ticket on my bike in the 9 years I've had it. I don't like being TARGETED and harrassed by law enforcement for no other reason than I ride a sportbike....but the shit these guys do makes EVERY cop want to fuck with sportbike riders. Unlike some people who have made clear their supportive stance on the dumbasses who did this....I WILL NOT RUN from the police. If I get lit up...I'm not getting a felony while endangering my life and everyone elses on the road...I will stop and answer to what I have done. These guys give ALL of us riders a bad image and I hope every one of them gets stopped in whatever manner is necessary (wreck, jail, death, etc).

Comment

• My post from the first thread about this, condensed a bit.

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                FWIW these guys come from all over the country for these rides and the others around the country. There were people from both coasts, midwest, pacific northwest, Florida, etc.

I don't blame the cops for not doing more. You've got 100-150 guys that are the lunatic fringe of motorcycling. Almost all of them are going to run. It's not as if the police have infinite resources. How many officers would it take to A) stop them B) interevene without causing mass chaos on the freeways??? What would happen when 50, 100, 200??? officers are off the streets they patrol all tied up trying to write traffic tickets, then how long would that whole deal snarl up traffic? Hours possibly? What would happen if even 50 of those guys run and say 10 crashed into innocent passersby. Considerable amount of liability there. Seems like the cops decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

I do think it will be a victim of it's own popularity. The ride here in Dallas is once a year and stops for about one-two minutes. Think about it, two minutes of delay in an entire year, on one stretch of freeway in a sprawling metropolis, on a weekend, and you get people on the wfaa page and youtube talking about murdering people.

TRAFFIC CAME TO A STOP SOMEWHERE FOR 90 SECONDS ON A WEEKEND SOMEWHERE THAT I WASNT, FUCK I HATE LIFE, MURDER MURDER MURDER, CRY CRY CRY!

People get thrown for a loop when there is a mass-rebellion to the machine. LOL

You know, this would probably turn into a real shit storm, but there has been bigish ride where the riders let an ambulance through. If cops loaded up like messicans in a couple ambulances the riders would likely let them through and they could bail out and begin to shut things down all trojan-horse style. Might get pretty wild initially though.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  109 replies and counting!!
                  I am one of the countless people who DOES have an M endorsement and have had it since 1986. My bike has inspection and current registration CLEARLY displayed where it is supposed to be and is well lit and I ride with proper gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, thick pants)...and I still occasionally have cops ride my ass, pull me over just to VERIFY shit, and in most cases feel like I am being targeted specifically because I'm riding a sportbike. I have NEVER gotten a ticket on my bike in the 9 years I've had it. I don't like being TARGETED and harrassed by law enforcement for no other reason than I ride a sportbike....but the shit these guys do makes EVERY cop want to fuck with sportbike riders. Unlike some people who have made clear their supportive stance on the dumbasses who did this....I WILL NOT RUN from the police. If I get lit up...I'm not getting a felony while endangering my life and everyone elses on the road...I will stop and answer to what I have done. These guys give ALL of us riders a bad image and I hope every one of them gets stopped in whatever manner is necessary (wreck, jail, death, etc).
                  While I believe you can typically get away on a bike, i'd be afraid of what adrenalin might me be feel I could do. Not much room for error. I'd rather pull over as well and take my ticket.

Comment

• FWIW - I think it's pretty shitty/low that wfaa has thrown DPD and High Five Cycles under the bus in various reports.

Muckraking bullshit. Surprised they ran another story since sweeps is over. I bet they lay off and start doing it again next May.

Need to let the public now they should be worked up, but only when it benefits wfaa, lulz.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      One of the guys involved in the big sportbike freeway shutdown on 75 had a crash and was on the news CRYING like a little bitch because the rider that hit him hasn't come forward to admit his guilt and apolegize. He was LITERALLY crying like a little bitch. WOW!!! He got what he asked for...just wish more of them had crashed.
                      Anyone have a link for this? I heard his name and was wondering if it was the same scumbag I knew several years ago.

If you go on one of these rides you accept the risk that some shit might go down and you might get swept up in it just by being there.

I WAS TRYING TO DO HOODRAT SHIT WITH MY FRIENDS, BUT I WAS HURT INSTEAD OF MAKING WHEELIES - IM VICTIM!!! pfft

Comment

• Ha, just made a phone call, same dude, lol, guy is totally playing that shit up for the cameras/lawsuit. Karma got 'em!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                          My post from the first thread about this, condensed a bit.

totally , this thread is full of the biggest fucking crybabies Ive ever seen.

Ive gotten stuck in some of the longest traffic for the dumbest fucking reasons ever. WAY fucking dumber than this, and for three hours one night I remember.

Here's the best part - not a single m/f on THIS THREAD actually got stuck in the traffic.

You lazy ass bitches probably barely EVER ride. So go back to other forums, get back in your cage and forget you WERE EVER DRIVING like you normally do any way.

That is the real truth. All the posers who never even post in this forum came over here to talk up the shit like real men. Yet these very same people may HAVE bikes, but they're not big enough men to ride them every day in this shit traffic.
                          If they had actually been riding , they could have rode right the fuck up the shoulder and gone right on by it. You know IF they had actually been there during this stupid ass blockage the stunters were doing.
                          I'd take these stupid ass stunts any day versus reading all the damn POSER's coming to post like billy badasses when a new hotty hot super uber cool thread pops up that they just have to jump on the bandwagon for.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I don't really have a say in this, or really any experience, but the only questions I really have are these:

If they want to do all that, why do it on a busy highway like that? If you really want to shut down a road, why not do it out in the middle of no where? Hell I20 has way less traffic. Why not be more considerate of others?

It seems like this is just a stunt for attention, not for remembering someone.
                            It's totally a "look at me, I need attention" move. Like people who have snakes as pets or giant nose rings or plates in there ear lobes. And for anyone who rides, don't get all menstrual when you get treated like shit by cops and folks on the road sometimes. This is the exact reason why it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by futant View Post
                              totally , this thread is full of the biggest fucking crybabies Ive ever seen.

Ive gotten stuck in some of the longest traffic for the dumbest fucking reasons ever. WAY fucking dumber than this, and for three hours one night I remember.

Here's the best part - not a single m/f on THIS THREAD actually got stuck in the traffic.

You lazy ass bitches probably barely EVER ride. So go back to other forums, get back in your cage and forget you WERE EVER DRIVING like you normally do any way.

That is the real truth. All the posers who never even post in this forum came over here to talk up the shit like real men. Yet these very same people may HAVE bikes, but they're not big enough men to ride them every day in this shit traffic.
                              If they had actually been riding , they could have rode right the fuck up the shoulder and gone right on by it. You know IF they had actually been there during this stupid ass blockage the stunters were doing.
                              I'd take these stupid ass stunts any day versus reading all the damn POSER's coming to post like billy badasses when a new hotty hot super uber cool thread pops up that they just have to jump on the bandwagon for.
                              I have had my MC endorsement over 20 years and ride everyday its not raining or snowing. Actually even in the rain sometimes. 110 down to the teens and I have owned a few street bikes that would blow the newer ones off the map. I will re state what I stated in the original post. These guys are idiots and they are going to cause the biggest crack down you have ever seen one day. It would not take much to shut down a large portion of the highway and trap these guys in, then take them to jail for any and all infractions. These guys are going to be the reason new laws are put in place that affect all motorcycles. I could care less about the guys rolling around in small numbers or zipping along in traffic at high rates of speed. However when you get these groups of guys together and they think they are all bad ass and more important then anyone else on the road thats when you have a problem.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• it would only take a handful of cop cars to block them in... then I say you load all those fuckers up on busses, and crush their fucking bikes for being pieces of shit, they would have nowhere to go

Comment

Working...
                                X