Rider down on Josey and 190 April 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by futant View Post
    is it just me or does it not seem possible to run someone off the road in a truck on a bike ?
    While it IS possible to do it.....the odds of it turning out favorably for the person on a bike aren't very good....BUT....I said if I saw it happen (guess I shoulda made clear for simple minded people like you) while rolling along with traffic in a car or truck I would go out of my way to stop the other vehicle from leaving...and I HAVE gotten in front of a car on a freeway in my truck and FORCED them to stop using my back bumper against their grille (for good reason and had police on the phone the entire time...not a scratch on my bumper against the little car she was swerving all over the road)

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      While it IS possible to do it.....the odds of it turning out favorably for the person on a bike aren't very good....BUT....I said if I saw it happen (guess I shoulda made clear for simple minded people like you) while rolling along with traffic in a car or truck I would go out of my way to stop the other vehicle from leaving...and I HAVE gotten in front of a car on a freeway in my truck and FORCED them to stop using my back bumper against their grille (for good reason and had police on the phone the entire time...not a scratch on my bumper against the little car she was swerving all over the road)
      Need to carry caltrops.
      Ded

Comment

Glad he's OK, and I hope they catch the low life who didn't render aid. He's lucky, not too smart not wearing a helmet.

Comment

futant hates mexicans, not careless drivers.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
            I'm not trying to hate on cops , but this does happen to be an obvious fault of theirs.

It is illegal, yet they do nothing about it.
            When you pick and chose what you feel like enforcing, you make enemies whether you like it or not. I'm not an idiot, I know WTF is dangerous on the roads and it isn't me going a little too fast on a 250lb motorcycle. But believe me this little dirt-bike-on-slicks is like candy to cops. They could give a rats ass about a 250lb loose load though that's bouncing around on the freeway.
            I stop all the time to pull debris of the roadway because I know how dangerous that shit is to riders. I have wrote that citation one time because a paint bucket came flying off the back of a truck and I saw it. We can not follow around everyone and check to make sure their shit is secure.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I will say I have been impressed by the CHP since moving out here 5 months ago. They really don't care about speeders, unless you're going faster than 80. But damn, they are like flies on shit with truckers and anyone with a trailer. With the traffic issues here, they cannot tolerate shit flying off peoples trailers or out of their truck beds.

You could pass a cop doing 79 in a 55 and he won't give you a second look. But if you're pulling a trailer or hauling a load, you're likely to get pulled over doing 5 over the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                Glad he's OK, and I hope they catch the low life who didn't render aid. He's lucky, not too smart not wearing a helmet.
                It's hard to be a hardcore motherfucker/Sons of Anarchy wannabe with a helmet on!

Comment

You could pass a cop doing 79 in a 55 and he won't give you a second look. But if you're pulling a trailer or hauling a load, you're likely to get pulled over doing 5 over the limit.
                  And how safe is it for you to be stuck going 55 pulling a trailer when everyone else is doing 80? Been out to cali 3x to race...stupid watching everyone scrambling /swerving to get around you because they are too dumb to realize how fast they are closing in on a big dumb 44' trailer.

Sent via paper airplane
                  Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                  I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Originally posted by POSYJ View Post
                    And how safe is it for you to be stuck going 55 pulling a trailer when everyone else is doing 80? Been out to cali 3x to race...stupid watching everyone scrambling /swerving to get around you because they are too dumb to realize how fast they are closing in on a big dumb 44' trailer.
                    I think it's safe, trucks and anyone pulling a trailer are supposed to stay in the left two lanes, all the highways here are at least 4 lanes wide.

But I know what you're saying, the highways here are nuts. With over twice the cars on the road as DFW, I don't see how it can be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      I stop all the time to pull debris of the roadway because I know how dangerous that shit is to riders. I have wrote that citation one time because a paint bucket came flying off the back of a truck and I saw it. We can not follow around everyone and check to make sure their shit is secure.
                      well thats good to hear , thanks from a rider
                      just because you've written one citation for this doesn't really mean you enforce it though.

I know this because I KNOW you don't need to 'follow ppl around' to see their shit isn't secured properly.
                      So please keep doing your best, but don't pretend like you guys are actively pulling people over for unsecured loads.
                      I was glad to hear to sheriff's and stuff do. This I know though, as they tend to focus on freeways more. so does hwy patrol I think watch for this better.

Good example - legacy and greenville - hwy 5
                      rock yard near here. intersection is like a death trap for aguy on a bike, dirt ,debris everywhere , everyday nearly. MEXICANS leaving here everyday with unsecured loads (and other races!)

sit there. pull ppl over. WIN-WIN
                      wow what do you know, next time they STRAP THAT SHIT DOWN LOL

Comment

I will say I have been impressed by the CHP since moving out here 5 months ago. They really don't care about speeders, unless you're going faster than 80. But damn, they are like flies on shit with truckers and anyone with a trailer. With the traffic issues here, they cannot tolerate shit flying off peoples trailers or out of their truck beds.

sounds good, but just to be a debbie downer - more than likely they are looking for drugs. Not caring about the freeways necessarily.
                        You are correct though hwy patrol or sheriffs , there is actually a CHANCE of being pulled over for a loose load.

Comment

Working...
                        X