Street bike suggestions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street bike suggestions needed

I am not completely new to the scene but I have owned one in almost 10yrs. When I was 17 I bought my first street bike and decided within 4 months I was to immature and skinny for it. I owned a Triumph 995i Daytona edition and absolutely loved everything about it.

I am currently in the market for another street bike to use as a commuter to and from work as weather permits to offset the fuel expense. Do we have a go to guy on the board to purchase from? I've read quite a few of the threads in this forum but can not determine who does what with them. I've figured out Grape is the go to guy to make it faster but as far as salesman I'm coming up blank...

I'm also hoping to be able to get some input from the riders in the board as to what works best these days. I'm wanting some speed but more interested in reliability, efficiency, and balance.

Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by thomasblively; 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM.

Ducati. Or rc51. Fucking love mine

Cb1000r would make an excellent commuter and still has balls. 12k for a 2014

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

One problem I've found so far is the adjustability of the bikes suspension. I'm only 5'4 125lbs so seat height is a huge issue on a lot of bikes. I test road a used Ducati but the previous owner had purchased an annoyingly loud and high pitched exhaust for it that drive me crazy.

I do know Suzuki has 0% financing on all remaining 2013s and 1%for 2014 models which is a draw. However I'm pre approved through my local bank so financing isn't an issue

Comment

I'd love to have a z1000
        2012 GT500

Comment

Speed triple

Super Duke

Ducati streetfighter

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
            One problem I've found so far is the adjustability of the bikes suspension. I'm only 5'4 125lbs so seat height is a huge issue on a lot of bikes. I test road a used Ducati but the previous owner had purchased an annoyingly loud and high pitched exhaust for it that drive me crazy.
            < 5'5"

Don't be a bitch.

Comment

The speed triple is nice.

Comment

The speed triple is nice.
                I loved mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                  I loved mine.
                  Why did you get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    I'd love to have a z1000
                    The newer z1k looks like an abortion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      Speed triple

Super Duke

Ducati streetfighter

/thread
                      awww man im in love

Comment

I do know Suzuki has 0% financing on all remaining 2013s and 1%for 2014 models which is a draw. However I'm pre approved through my local bank so financing isn't an issue
                        lets narrow it down. do you prefer a streetfighter/dirty bar style, or full fairing/clip ons?

twin, I4, or other?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          lets narrow it down. do you prefer a streetfighter/dirty bar style, or full fairing/clip ons?

twin, I4, or other?
                          I prefer full fairing/clip ons and definitely more of a fan of an i4. Although the more I look at that speed triple the more I like it... However I believe that may be a bit more of a bike than I actually need. I would like to possibly get back on a track one of these days with whichever one I end up buying

Comment

alright, and are you looking brand new, any particular engine size? suggestions to follow

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              alright, and are you looking brand new, any particular engine size? suggestions to follow
                              I've looked at brand new for the incentives and warranty but believe a used is the best option currently. As far as engine size goes I'm currently leaning more towards a 600

Comment

Working...
                              X