5 lug conversion pics and such :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 lug conversion pics and such :)

took me and my dad about 2 days to do it all but it all worked out VERY nice list of parts is outrageous..
    cobra brake booster
    cobra master cylinder
    ssbc slotted/plated rotors (4)
    ssbc rear calipers (2)
    various brake lines and other random fittings
    ford racing 3.73's
    ford racing 31 spline tracklock diff
    moser 31 spline axles
    all new bearings, seals, races, etc...
    will load pics a little at a time.. lots of pics..

BEFORE

sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Comment

Comment

old gears... 4.10's

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

new gears in

Comment

Comment

all done!!!

Comment

last pic kinda makes the car look funny since its parked back on a lil slope in the driveway, but the rears are still 295's and fronts 225's ... looks great on level ground lol.
                        all in all, it was one hell of a project, took me a long time to figure some stuff out but i got it, and worked through it. lots of fun. i owe lots of thanks to my dad too for helpin me out when i started cussin haha

Comment

looks good. shoulda did a write up and posted it in the installation part of the garage forum...
                          .....bro....

Comment

congrats on a job well done sir, there's always a feeling of accomplishment when the job is finished

Comment

thanks guys, ya know, its like i said,, i am no master mechanic by any means lol but a good understanding, common sense and the ability to see things together the right way can go a long way on a job like this. it helped A LOT having a press for the gears, and all kinds of other neat tools. it does feel very nice though. i took it out for a gentle ride this evening, i can tell the gears and everything are still "breaking in" but all in all, it vibrates less and has a TON more braking power. that proportioning valve is fun

Comment

Working...
                              X