Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 2012 5.0 - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well as of today I've had the car for one year and one day, and 23700 miles.

... and two engines.

Apparently the #8 piston was installed with a sledgehammer, which dented the top of the piston, shattered the lands, and broke the compression and oil rings in about a dozen places. That big missing chunk of piston land was gone for quite a while, hence the carbon buildup in there.

As bad as it looks, the car actually ran pretty well except for a little vibration at idle and a check engine light.

Ford completely stood by their product and put a new 2013 service replacement engine in the car. Grapevine Ford did a great job and I am happy as a pig in shit to have it back!

Thank GOD I never modified the car. The first questions from everyone at Ford were "Do you have an intake" and "Have you done a tune". Not that it would have automatically voided the warrantly, but it probably wouldn't have been painless either. As it worked out, it went right through the process and I got the new '13 coated pistons.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Wow. Didn't hear about that Danny. Glad Skip @ crew took care of you though....
      Now, if I could just convince them to warrant a clutch for my "black bitch" all would be fantastic !

David

Comment

• Damn! I'm glad it worked out for you. Makes me wonder how many modified 5.0's took a shit and the owner ate it because they had mods? Hell, if your's did it totally stock, it makes you wonder.

Comment

• About time you coughed up the story. Sucks! But at least they took care of you.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-25-2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• That's crazy, man. Maybe I'm being the annoying optimist here, but I think it's kind of rad to get 23,700 free miles out of an engine. You're getting to start over on this one. Time to modify! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              That's crazy, man. Maybe I'm being the annoying optimist here, but I think it's kind of rad to get 23,700 free miles out of an engine. You're getting to start over on this one. Time to modify! Lol

Plus he has 8 more horsepower! Hoooo-doggie!

Comment

• Its good to hear they took care of you.

Was improper assembly the official conclusion ford came to or just speculation?

Comment

• Man, im glad they got it worked out for you. Im about to take mine in for the LCA TSB. I really hope this car goes a long way, my Cobra did.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• interesting....so what made you take it in? the check engine light or the vibration?
                    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• Holy shit, bet they would have fucked you hard if you were tuned. Glad you're fixed up though.
                      2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                      sigpic

Comment

• What year is your car 46tbird? I'm glad I haven't modded mine but I have a procharger waiting to be put on. Shit like this scares me. I'm at 19k miles.
                        Last edited by 07Bluovl; 09-25-2012, 05:15 PM.
                        2012 5.0 M6
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Plus he has 8 more horsepower! Hoooo-doggie!
                          Hellz yeah!
                          Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          That's crazy, man. Maybe I'm being the annoying optimist here, but I think it's kind of rad to get 23,700 free miles out of an engine. You're getting to start over on this one.
                          Hellz yeah!
                          Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          Time to modify! Lol
                          Hellz no.
                          Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                          Was improper assembly the official conclusion ford came to or just speculation?
                          Well, it's what Ford concluded, so I suppose that's as official as it needs to be.
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Man, im glad they got it worked out for you. Im about to take mine in for the LCA TSB. I really hope this car goes a long way, my Cobra did.
                          Me too. I expect 150k miles out of it for sure.
                          Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                          interesting....so what made you take it in? the check engine light or the vibration?
                          The vibration was unnerving, but it was really the CEL that made me take it in. It was only about 24 hours and 100 miles between the first time I noticed the vibration and the time I took it in.
                          Originally posted by 07Bluovl View Post
                          What year is your car 46tbird? I'm glad I haven't modded mine but I have a procharger waiting to be put on. Shit like this scares me. I'm at 19k miles.
                          Car is a 2012 with a 8/15/11 build date.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• any rust issues?
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Damn mine is a 12 with a 4/11 date. I guess its a coin toss with the 11-12's.
                              2012 5.0 M6
                              sigpic

Comment

• Props for not modding it! Would have sucked to have a car payment on a car you couldnt drive. Smart Move
                                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                                August Landscaping
                                214-779-7278
                                Seb's high class.
                                He'll mow your grass.
                                He'll kick your ass.
                                And while his kidney stones pass,
                                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                                X