The car I've wanted for years - 1959 Buick Lesabre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Nice, I'd love to see one of these in person. He's asking quite a bit for it.

Not really. You going to pull the trigger or window shop for the rest of yo life?

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Not really. You going to pull the trigger or window shop for the rest of yo life?
      You know how much of a cheap ass I am. I was very interested in the pair posted, but the dude would never return my call.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Nice, I'd love to see one of these in person. He's asking quite a bit for it.
        I agree that it's a good chunk of change for a sedan that needs floors. But good ones are getting more rare by the day, as with all '50s 60s cars. At some point you gotta pay to play.

PS - I paid a little less for my Chrysler hardtop but it needs everything. A running driving car is usually worth ~3 times what the same car in non-running condition will fetch.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

You know how much of a cheap ass I am. I was very interested in the pair posted, but the dude would never return my call.

Dude, that car posted is a bargain. Mildly rare 2 door 50s sled with some nice work already done for under 10k. I'd be seriously looking at that car if I was in the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            I agree that it's a good chunk of change for a sedan that needs floors. But good ones are getting more rare by the day, as with all '50s 60s cars. At some point you gotta pay to play.

PS - I paid a little less for my Chrysler hardtop but it needs everything. A running driving car is usually worth ~3 times what the same car in non-running condition will fetch.

Christine! sick.... what color are you going with?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Dude, that car posted is a bargain. Mildly rare 2 door 50s sled with some nice work already done for under 10k. I'd be seriously looking at that car if I was in the market.
                You might be right, I won't deny that, but I'm convinced I can get a great deal on one if I'm patient.

Comment

It never gets old looking at that beautiful car. Perfection

Comment

You might be right, I won't deny that, but I'm convinced I can get a great deal on one if I'm patient.

Might be true with newer cars, but they aren't making any more 59 Buicks, and the ones that are out there already have people looking for them.

Literally busted laughing out loud at the Christine comment. Nice 57 Chevy, Danny!

Comment

Might be true with newer cars, but they aren't making any more 59 Buicks, and the ones that are out there already have people looking for them.

Literally busted laughing out loud at the Christine comment. Nice 57 Chevy, Danny!
                      haha, good. You don't know how many times I've heard people look at the '63 vette and ask what year jaguar it is.

Comment

No offense to CJ, but this car here fucken owns any of the other cars posted in this thread.

That said, the black one for 8500 seems like a good deal, esp since he says its an all original car... dont think you will find a nicer driver for less imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                          No offense to CJ, but this car here fucken owns any of the other cars posted in this thread.

That said, the black one for 8500 seems like a good deal, esp since he says its an all original car... dont think you will find a nicer driver for less imo.
                          How DARE you! This is my thread damnit!

haha, I like the '59 lesabre, I think it's dead sexy and has a look like no other car. But I dig Danny's ride also, plenty of love to go around.

Comment

How DARE you! This is my thread damnit!

haha, I like the '59 lesabre, I think it's dead sexy and has a look like no other car. But I dig Danny's ride also, plenty of love to go around.
                            I like "your" car as a 2 door for sure, I just love the looks of that ole Mopar... 59 Caddy vert (3000 Miles from Graceland-esq) would fucken rock too, but probably 5-10 x what the Buick will cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                              I like "your" car as a 2 door for sure, I just love the looks of that ole Mopar... 59 Caddy vert (3000 Miles from Graceland-esq) would fucken rock too, but probably 5-10 x what the Buick will cost.
                              agreed

Comment

Literally busted laughing out loud at nice 57 chevy,

Christine was a 58 plymouth fury......

Comment

Working...
                                X