My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
    I don't know that it's spinning as bad as you think it is. You may be experiencing the boost coming in and a sharp rise in RPM - it's hard to tell from that perspective, but I could be mistaken.

You're gonna use those tires up at what expense? I mean, knowing your going to the track to make less that perfect passes just doesn't motivate me, it's more of a time/money waste than spending the money up front now - ya know what I mean?
    i see what you are saying. i'll see if i can get the radials mounted up this week. you may be right about the spinning but it feels real loose one way or another. if nothing else the radials might not hook a ton better but might do away with that loose feeling and allow me to make a full pass

Comment

• track was fine. Cody's car hooked pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
        track was fine. Cody's car hooked pretty well.
        I dunno, I heard some others having trouble too, I thought the line felt good but when my boost came on it felt like it was getting loose.

Comment

• Wow, just went back through my logs from last night, IAT's went from 117* at the start of the run to 153* at the end, total advance for the run was only 5.5* w/all the timing that was pulled out by my advance vs. iat table.

i guess i gotta get the meth hooked up before i really hurt something. feeling better about the 6.5 though, less then half track of wot, 5.5* of advance and a fat 10.7-10.9 afr.

Comment

• OK a few things I dont like. First off you know your tires are crap but your going to keep running them?

Then your already having to pedal it out of the hole but you want to throw a 2 step on it and build more boost at the line? If you cant hook without it then how are you going to with it?

Man you need to either stop being shiesty and get some tires. If your already scared your going to put it into the wall then stay away from more boost at the line.

Glad to see you are having some fun with it though.

Comment

• how shitty are the tires?? I will take them if you are going to trash them... mine are BEAT BEAT BEAT... but I'm not coming out of the hole like you so they might work for me (<~~~I'm cheap too and not going to buy tires for a once in a while track outing)
              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                OK a few things I dont like. First off you know your tires are crap but your going to keep running them?

Then your already having to pedal it out of the hole but you want to throw a 2 step on it and build more boost at the line? If you cant hook without it then how are you going to with it?

Man you need to either stop being shiesty and get some tires. If your already scared your going to put it into the wall then stay away from more boost at the line.

Glad to see you are having some fun with it though.
                Stop being shiesty...never.

Well, I actually don't know that they are that bad, John98GT was telling me that my wheel speed was super slow and I am starting to think a large portion of my problem is coming from crappy burnouts. I mean, they smoke, but as John said, they just are not spinning real fast. I am doing the burnout just like my trans guy Mike suggested (spin them up in first, shift to 2nd and roast them, then into third, roll out and click into neutral before they bite, supposed to be easier on the sprag), but it's like it never shifts out of first. That coupled with a loose converter = low wheel speed and probably not a whole lot of heat. John was standing right there during my 2nd burnout and held me a lot longer then I normally stay and it def. helped (1.5 60' w/almost no boost out of the hole). The thinking with the 2 step is that rather then have the extra couple of hundred hp hit the tires ~60ft out, have it right there out of the hole (where I am hooking), that way they are already loaded up when I get out to the less prepped areas of the track. As Brooks stated maybe I am just a wuss and the loose feeling isn't the tires spinning but rather them just being 28" slicks and moving around a bit. Who knows, but I find it hard to believe the tires are trash when it'll do 1.5 60's with no brake and no boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  how shitty are the tires?? I will take them if you are going to trash them... mine are BEAT BEAT BEAT... but I'm not coming out of the hole like you so they might work for me (<~~~I'm cheap too and not going to buy tires for a once in a while track outing)
                  if i get them swapped out this week they are yours. 28x11.50x15's

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    if i get them swapped out this week they are yours. 28x11.50x15's
                    sweet thanks

no rush... I haven't even pulled my trans yet. I started to last night but ter I put the rear on jack stands I went to do the front only to realize I didn't the other two stands because they were at johns (I borrowed them last time)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                        So what did Mike stall your converter at? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                          So what did Mike stall your converter at? Just curious.
                          It looks like it is stalled about the same as mine...
                          03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                          "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

• 7psi?

Comment

• converter will foot brake to ~3800, I think it flashes around 4200 or so. i have the 2 step set at 3200 right now, might be able to move it up a bit before it starts pushing through the brakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                                7psi?
                                ya, makes just at 150kpa (which should be ~7.5psi), this is a HUGE improvement over what it was doing before the 2 step (maybe 2 psi). i havent tried any "boost building" techniques yet and still probably have a coupe hundred rpm i can move up w/the 2 step, but i have a feeling 7.5 psi is going equal a lot more go out of the hole (was doing 1.5 60' on 2psi)

Comment

Working...
                                X