No announcement yet.

My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let Denny read this. It will be all downhill from here.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      so you're saying i can pull the toddler crowd!
      I lol'ed until I read this
      vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      Don't let Denny read this. It will be all downhill from here.
      Now it's not so funny.

Comment

• I know it's only 2-3psi (per log), but it's 50* outside, I'm on totally cold ET street radials that have 25psi in them, no t-brake, no 2-step, and a big 1.32ar t6 turbo, shocked it built any boost. Gives me hope that when I get a 2-step on her I might have a chance for some decent 60' times without a t-brake. Oh, and don't make fun of my ghetto boost gauge mount (in a/c vent), just waiting for my roll cage mount cup to come in so I can permanently mount it.

Comment

• went to kdale tonight, typical sunday night at the dale so the track wasn't great, but did get to got wot for the back half of the track. went 6.50 @ 108mph

here is what the tps looked like, i had to pedal it bad for the front half

green line is tps, you can see me stall it up, then pedal the first half, then wot for the back half.

here is the video

the two step i bought will be here tuesday so hopefully i'll be able to go back out next weekend and actually build boost out of hole

Comment

• looked like it was leaving pretty good
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

went to kdale tonight, typical sunday night at the dale so the track wasn't great, but did get to got wot for the back half of the track. went 6.50 @ 108mph

here is what the tps looked like, i had to pedal it bad for the front half

green line is tps, you can see me stall it up, then pedal the first half, then wot for the back half.

here is the video

the two step i bought will be here tuesday so hopefully i'll be able to go back out next weekend and actually build boost out of hole
              what did it run N/A?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                looked like it was leaving pretty good
                went 1.5 60' that time but as you can see in the log it broke loose shortly after and i had to pedal. maybe i'm a wuss but i'm not going to wreck it trying to get an et. i can't wait to see how much harder it'll hit with a 2 step. lots of guys on tech go from 2-3psi (where i am leaving at) to 6-8psi with just a 2 step.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                  what did it run N/A?
                  7.03 @ 98 was it's best, but hard to compare since i was 100% in it on that run and this run i was in and out of it. hope it'll do quite a bit better w/2 step and actually going wot for the full pass

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                    what did it run N/A?
                    7.00000000000001's

Edit. Dammit!

Comment

• Still on the old tires?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        Still on the old tires?
                        ya, i'm the worlds biggest shiester, i'm going to get every mile out of them!

Comment

ya, i'm the worlds biggest shiester, i'm going to get every mile out of them!
                          Well....... It looks like its leaving pretty hard to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                            Well....... It looks like its leaving pretty hard to me.
                            it feels good right out of the hole, but can't hold it after like the 60', i think brooks is right, once i get the 2 step on and can leave with boost it won't shock the tires as it builds boost down the track

Comment

• i was there looks like it ran pretty good.

Comment

• I don't know that it's spinning as bad as you think it is. You may be experiencing the boost coming in and a sharp rise in RPM - it's hard to tell from that perspective, but I could be mistaken.

You're gonna use those tires up at what expense? I mean, knowing your going to the track to make less that perfect passes just doesn't motivate me, it's more of a time/money waste than spending the money up front now - ya know what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X