No announcement yet.

My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars cage got denied due to being .110 vs .118-inch mild steel tubing (halo and drop tubes, the rest was okay), jason and i spent the evening cutting out the bars that wouldn't tech and i'll be getting some new ones bent asap. cage should cert then. still need to make my licensing passes, get a physical, and hopefully get more testing in. did pick up my loaner trans today, hopefully i'll have mine fixed in time to not need to run the week on the loaner.

Comment

• Do you have a parts list for your a/c? I need help
      2012 GT500

Comment

• is this just for drag week?

honestly if yall need a secret support truck LMK. i planned to make it to A race, but i think we are a big enough network to have support all along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          is this just for drag week?

honestly if yall need a secret support truck LMK. i planned to make it to A race, but i think we are a big enough network to have support all along the way.
          getting the car up-to-date on safety stuff is for drag week but is also a good idea as i plan to continue to push the car harder and harder.

you get dq'd if you get caught getting support from anyone not in drag week.

i appreciate the offer but if i can't get through it without outside support i'll drop out.

Comment

• quitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              quitter.
              lol... i'm sure i'll be saying something totally different if i have to drop out...i'll probably be pm'ing you for help!

Comment

• I seent it outside the shop just now. I never noticed or realized that was a performance shop
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• i'm pretty sure nobody is ever really ready for drag week, but i'm loaded up and we will be on the road first thing in the morning. we all thought we left ourselves plenty of time only to be completely scrambling last minute...lol

would like to have gotten at least one 1/4 mile hit on it before leaving for a solid week of all 1/4, but with the trans breaking two weeks out then finding out the cage had to be cut out/rebuilt a week and a half out, plus needing to get my nhra licenses passes in, it just wasn't in the cards... hell, we tuned one of the cars going until 5 am last night... wish us luck!

i do have the dual fuel cells hooked up, two pumps, etc. left it on gas for the event, but will be going flex fuel we get to wiring the aem infinity stand alone in.

Comment

• Kickass. One of these years I will do drag week just for the cruising.

Does that infinity have a flex fuel ethanol sensor setup that will alter fuel tables based on ethanol content?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• good luck ya'll

Comment

• Good Luck and have fun! I'll watch for you in the video feeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          i'm pretty sure nobody is ever really ready for drag week, but i'm loaded up and we will be on the road first thing in the morning. we all thought we left ourselves plenty of time only to be completely scrambling last minute...lol

would like to have gotten at least one 1/4 mile hit on it before leaving for a solid week of all 1/4, but with the trans breaking two weeks out then finding out the cage had to be cut out/rebuilt a week and a half out, plus needing to get my nhra licenses passes in, it just wasn't in the cards... hell, we tuned one of the cars going until 5 am last night... wish us luck!

i do have the dual fuel cells hooked up, two pumps, etc. left it on gas for the event, but will be going flex fuel we get to wiring the aem infinity stand alone in.

Very cool drag week is a goal of mine for years. Have fun post a lot.
                          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Just watched dville_gt go 8.84 and shut down the track due to a window popping out. Live feed here:

http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...ison-illinois/

Comment

• Originally posted by scott442 View Post
                              Just watched dville_gt go 8.84 and shut down the track due to a window popping out. Live feed here:

http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...ison-illinois/
                              Whoops. Thirty six year old cars starting to rattle apart. Hope he can get a replacement.

Comment

• We are still window-less. Have been trying to play it safe this week. Went a 8.8 day 1, 8.7 day 2, 8.7 day 3, and a 8.6 day 4. We are currently on the road back to Gateway Raceway Park. Assuming we get there without incident my plan is to make another pass on this tune up then put the boost to it.

We are all very tired, beat up, and exhausted. We have had a couple of nights we have gotten in past 2am. This event is a lot tougher then I think most give it credit for.

Comment

Working...
                                X