No announcement yet.

Random car thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this roaming around Lewisville today.. I'm jealous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
      Do you think his son/grandson is one of these guys running around with a GT badged, deck striped, V6 Mustang with their spoiler on backwards?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• "On #0523 GT Drogo created one of the loudest and in my opinion most beautiful designs ever to dress a 250SWB. The signature pointy nose, the elongated figure and the tight fit of the body on the chassis creates an outrageous wave that gracefully and violently wraps the rear section of the car and the rear arches.

It sure is painful to see the pictures of the car violently smashes after rolling over and the canopy brutally removed to take van Lysbeth out of the car on that fateful 17th of May of 1964 at Spa.

It is not certain where #0523GT is now. Some say that it was rebodied as SWB but many support the theory that the car was never to be rebuilt again and it may still be somewhere in the Ecurie Francorchamps belongings. Unfortunately the value of a SWB these days makes the second theory quite unlikely but I do hope one day someone will return the car to its unique lines.

Many hours of research didn't give me any lead in finding the position of the car today, any suggestion or tip would be extremely appreciated."
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    I found this roaming around Lewisville today.. I'm jealous.
                    That's crazy, a buddy said he passed a VW Amarok on I35 pulling a trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                      Just because I felt like I nearly sweated to death today cleaning it........

Looks like it could outrun a bullet...

Comment

• Hey Bill, what kinda mileage are you seeing in your new truck?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                          I saw the story on this car on Velocity. This was/is the Boss 302 concept car that Larry Shinoda had built to sell the idea to Ford execs. There are many unique features to this car, for example the lack of chrome hinges on the roof for the slats. Backward mounted plastic wing, etc. The car was never destroyed as per protocol and some farmer ended up buying it in the 70's. He drove it for awhile and then parked it. It has been verified as authentic and is currently undergoing a full resto.

Comment

• Originally posted by zipnz View Post
                            I saw the story on this car on Velocity. This was/is the Boss 302 concept car that Larry Shinoda had built to sell the idea to Ford execs. There are many unique features to this car, for example the lack of chrome hinges on the roof for the slats. Backward mounted plastic wing, etc. The car was never destroyed as per protocol and some farmer ended up buying it in the 70's. He drove it for awhile and then parked it. It has been verified as authentic and is currently undergoing a full resto.
                            That's badass!

Thanks for this. Here's an article:

Comment

• Wouldn't it be more valuable unrestored?

Comment

• Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
                                What is this?
                                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
                                X