• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EW View Post
    Old cars aren't safe.
    Today's drivers aren't safe.
    That is exactly it.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g[/ame]

Comment

• yeah driving classics always made me paranoid. I really hated that feeling.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          yeah driving classics always made me paranoid. I really hated that feeling.
          Yeah, and back when they were new everyone drove 75+ on the highways, with no seat belts or car seats for kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Yeah, and back when they were new everyone drove 75+ on the highways, with no seat belts or car seats for kids.
            The same effect not having your cellphone has today. Dependency in America.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

yeah driving classics always made me paranoid. I really hated that feeling.
              I get that feeling too but out of all of mine, the Falcon is the one that really scares me. That one is going to hurt!

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
                I get that feeling too but out of all of mine, the Falcon is the one that really scares me. That one is going to hurt!
                When I drove my Willys, I use to sit at stop lights staring at the solid steel rod of the steering shaft aimed directly at my face knowing if I crashed into anything, it would end me.

Comment

When I drove my Willys, I use to sit at stop lights staring at the solid steel rod of the steering shaft aimed directly at my face knowing if I crashed into anything, it would end me.
                  My Model A had a wood floor and a wheelchair pad on the floor for a seat. It was chopped and channeled so you had to sit on your ass with your legs straight out in front of you... and to see stoplights you had to bend at the waist, hunch forward, and look up.

I did not get around to filling in the roof insert either.

Driving down the highway I would literally wonder if I'd have better odds (if I had the reaction time to decide) of staying in the car, or trying to fly our of the open roof if anything happened.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

On longer drives would the door heat up due to the exhaust hitting it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Driving down the highway I would literally wonder if I'd have better odds (if I had the reaction time to decide) of staying in the car, or trying to fly our of the open roof if anything happened.
                        Sometimes it works,

Sometimes it don't.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• "Shelby GT-350 serial 5R002 on the remains of Green Valley Raceway 39 years after it won the B-production race, the first victory of a Shelby Mustang. I was involved in the restoration project as a historian. My dad and I witnessed the victory on February 14 1965 and dad filmed parts of this race with his 8mm movie camera. This photo was talken right after the restoration was completed and I arrainged to have the car delivered to this historic site. Wonderful Memories...."

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• ^^^ Everything about that is fucking awesome!
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X