Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    Love the Cruiser. Is that an ARB?
    Thanks! No, its an Australian made bumper that is all aluminum. Light weight, but surprisingly sturdy. I have yet to find the actual maker (no longer made) to get more info. I have only found 2 others in the US so far that have one of them as well. Kind of cool/weird. I think I am going to eventually build a different bumper though.

You still getting rid of your 4Runner?

Comment

• New truck, 4/6 drop and new tires soon....

Comment

• Originally posted by pooter View Post
        new truck, 4/6 drop and new tires soon....
        charp!!!!!
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Sorry Wade, I liked Clifford better.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
            Thanks! No, its an Australian made bumper that is all aluminum. Light weight, but surprisingly sturdy. I have yet to find the actual maker (no longer made) to get more info. I have only found 2 others in the US so far that have one of them as well. Kind of cool/weird. I think I am going to eventually build a different bumper though.

You still getting rid of your 4Runner?
            Ah cool.
            Yeah man, I'm looking at getting a Tundra. I want something bigger and a bit nicer on the inside. I really love the Tundras too.

Comment

• Most of my rides...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                charp!!!!!
                Itll get dechromed/debadged as soon as this damn weather cooperates...
                I dont like the Texas edition chrome crap, but its got some decent options, leather, dual a/c, LSD/3.73s

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                Sorry Wade, I liked Clifford better.
                I like the payment on this one alot more
                Its different not having boost anymore, but this one is way cheaper and will be paid off in a year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Yeah, there was a reason why that pile of shit was on a trailer too.
                  Guess the guys who helped me out weren't as good as they said...but it was working fine for me when I had it. PM me. I want to know what else was wrong with it. But you're right. It will be a beast when it's done. I just didn't have the time to finish it. Sorry you are having so many issues with it.

Comment

No sir. I still have it and working out ALL of the bugs and half ass shit that was done to the car. So much half ass, lazy shit we just couldn't beleive the shit we were finding and STILL finding. But the car will be right here before long after MUCH time and money being spent to make it right.

I can't thank the guys enough at TrueStreet Motorsports for being patient and helping me with the car. If it wasn't for them, I would have given up on it a long time ago. It's going to be an absolute beast when it's done!
                    You know what shop built it right lol

Comment

• My K.b. 03 cobra 25k Original miles

My daily driver 03 cobra clone Had this one close to 3 years

Comment

No sir. I still have it and working out ALL of the bugs and half ass shit that was done to the car. So much half ass, lazy shit we just couldn't beleive the shit we were finding and STILL finding. But the car will be right here before long after MUCH time and money being spent to make it right.

I can't thank the guys enough at TrueStreet Motorsports for being patient and helping me with the car. If it wasn't for them, I would have given up on it a long time ago. It's going to be an absolute beast when it's done!
                        Only way to fix it right is to put all 03 wiring in the car
                        Dash harness and body harness and all the wiring under the hood not that cut and splice shit you have.

Comment

• This was my truck before it was stolen. Now it only has billits, stock hood, and stock mirrors
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Snodgrass; 02-10-2011, 04:44 PM. Reason: I cant put in a fucking pic

Comment

• Our "family" project..... My 3 sons put this together and I putt around in it occasionally..

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                              You know what shop built it right lol
                              He told me him and his friends did it, no shop, one of which is a Ford tech.

I haven't even gotten to the gauges yet. Still working on getting the car to run right.

So far I've fixed:

front brakes
                              front right hub
                              Parking brake cable
                              New 4lb lower crank pulley since the stock one broke on the dyno.
                              new belts
                              power steering hose that was leaking
                              broken bolts in the alternator bracket
                              Fuel hose didn't have a safety clip on it and came off under boost.
                              A clogged air filter that couldn't breathe.
                              All the sensors were unplugged
                              new plugs that were trashed
                              And other stuff I am forgetting.
                              Still to go:

Mysterious computer issue
                              Sending unit
                              Installing and getting the 03 Cobra cluster gauge
                              new tires

And whatever other stuff pops up between now and then KWClutch didn't tell me about. I was PISSED about it for awhile, but now I'm doing what needs to be done to get it right and it will be all done the RIGHT WAY.

KWClutch did not tell me everything, clearly I was lied to. When we dicussed the price of the car, he said that he would pay for half the tune that needed to be done and he didn't do that either. Then when he came out to the shop to see the car tuned, he did try to help fix it, but really just made it worse since he didn't know what he was doing. He was upset, abit embarrassed I think and said we would work something out trying to get this stuff fixed and of course I never heard from him again. I'd text him on it and all I would get was "I'm sorry".

Lesson learned on my part. No matter how nice someone seems to be, don't trust them when it comes to a deal on a car. Always be extra cautious when you purchase someone else's "finished project that only needs a tune".

I've had the car since the end of November, I've only got to drive it 4 times and not once under boost yet, just creeping it back and forth to the shop. Hopefully it will be worth it when it's all worked out. It should be a fun car for sure.

Comment

He told me him and his friends did it, no shop, one of which is a Ford tech.

I haven't even gotten to the gauges yet. Still working on getting the car to run right.

So far I've fixed:

front brakes
                                front right hub
                                Parking brake cable
                                New 4lb lower crank pulley since the stock one broke on the dyno.
                                new belts
                                power steering hose that was leaking
                                broken bolts in the alternator bracket
                                Fuel hose didn't have a safety clip on it and came off under boost.
                                A clogged air filter that couldn't breathe.
                                All the sensors were unplugged
                                new plugs that were trashed
                                And other stuff I am forgetting.
                                Still to go:

Mysterious computer issue
                                Sending unit
                                Installing and getting the 03 Cobra cluster gauge
                                new tires

And whatever other stuff pops up between now and then KWClutch didn't tell me about. I was PISSED about it for awhile, but now I'm doing what needs to be done to get it right and it will be all done the RIGHT WAY.

KWClutch did not tell me everything, clearly I was lied to. When we dicussed the price of the car, he said that he would pay for half the tune that needed to be done and he didn't do that either. Then when he came out to the shop to see the car tuned, he did try to help fix it, but really just made it worse since he didn't know what he was doing. He was upset, abit embarrassed I think and said we would work something out trying to get this stuff fixed and of course I never heard from him again. I'd text him on it and all I would get was "I'm sorry".

Lesson learned on my part. No matter how nice someone seems to be, don't trust them when it comes to a deal on a car. Always be extra cautious when you purchase someone else's "finished project that only needs a tune".

I've had the car since the end of November, I've only got to drive it 4 times and not once under boost yet, just creeping it back and forth to the shop. Hopefully it will be worth it when it's all worked out. It should be a fun car for sure.
                                damn that really sucks that car should be badass though once its all done right
                                2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                                2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X